Can a couple really leave an affair in the past?
Fox News featured a story on "recovering from an affair and rebuilding a relationship". The story begs the question: Is it really even possible? If your spouse was caught cheating, could you go back? TMZ reports today Carlos Santana's marriage is over after 34 years. He's admitted to being unfaithful in the past, saying, "I sincerely apologized to her and to my kids for when I wasn't in my right mind and did something hurtful."
We asked Moms around the Mom•Logic office if their marriages could be saved after an affair.
• One Mom said her marriage would be irretrievably broken, "We would get divorced. I told him that, he told me that."
• One said she didn't know if they could recover. "I feel like we are so connected. It's not about the sex — if he cheated, I'd feel like I was wrong about how close we were."
• One answered, "After 18 years, if it were a one-time thing, I'd consider staying together for the sake of the kids."
• One said when she got married it was for good. No matter what.
• Two Moms admitted they'd think about staying because they'd hope their husbands could forgive them if the roles were reversed.
So there you have it. What would you do? Click "comments" below to tell us.