Postpartum Mystery Solved

A missing mom who wandered away was found two months later, 400 miles from home.

A mother who walked away from a hospital where she was being treated for postpartum depression, has been found on Baltimore's Skid Row, ABC News reports.

It appears to be a happy ending to a potentially tragic story, but it's also a reminder of how serious postpartum depression can be. At a recent Momlogic discussion, Shannon Fox, author Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, Shaunie O'Neal and blogger Yvonne discussed the topic.

next: Osmond Ambushed by Larry King
Alexandra November 16, 2007, 3:37 PM

Thank God they found this woman. Postpartum depression is very serious and should be taken seriously. I liked hearing the other women talking about it too.

Alexis November 16, 2007, 5:26 PM

How come that one mom (is it Blogger Yvonne? Second from the right.)is always giving the other ones dirty looks? The one in the teal shirt and jeans.

Yvonne November 16, 2007, 6:36 PM

I can assure you that I’m not giving the other woman dirty looks. I was just nervous with the cameras rolling as I’ve never taped something like that before.

Or, maybe I WAS giving them dirty looks without knowing it because they’re all so skinny and beautiful.

But I’m pretty sure it was just nerves. Thanks for pointing that out though because I didn’t have enough to hate about watching myself on tape!

Susan November 17, 2007, 1:51 AM

Yvonne, you were great. No worries, I could tell you were nervous, but sharing your experiences with depression might just help a new mom who is experiencing the same thing. I totally respect that.

Yvonne November 17, 2007, 10:56 AM

Thank you, Susan.

Bethany November 18, 2007, 12:01 AM

I agree with Susan—you are great Yvonne. I love how honest you are—postpartum is brutal as anyone who has been through it knows. Thank you for being candid so people don’t have to feel ashamed or so alone if they end up taking medication for it.

Gabriella November 18, 2007, 6:17 PM

Yvonne,
You were great! Once you started talking you really loosened up. You looked a little nervous until it was your turn, but next time just remember to imagine them all in their underwear and I bet you’ll grin through everyone else’s dialogue. :)

EJ November 19, 2007, 11:25 PM

Could haters STOP commenting - period in blogs!?

Y. - you were and are great. This is a heavy topic, and to know the cameras were rolling while talking about it - well, I would have had a puddle under my chair!