Holly Robinson Peete Honors Donda West

Actress puts attention back on Donda and not her doctor.

All of the news footage surrounding Donda is about her surgeon's questionable past and not about her. Dr. Donda West was a remarkable mother, manager to her son Kanye and humanitarian. Holly Robinson Peete had the privilege to meet and befriend Donda West. She came to the Mom•Logic offices to talk exclusively with us about who Donda was and why she is going to be so very missed.

next: Gimme a G, Gimme an O!
Sheri November 15, 2007, 11:17 AM

Wow, that was so emotional. Good for you Momlogic for showing another side of such a tragedy.

LH November 15, 2007, 11:19 AM

This is so tragic—She seems like she was such an amazing woman.

Anonymous November 15, 2007, 12:04 PM

Thank you, MomLogic, for honoring Donda. I am tired of hearing about her doctor’s DUIs instead of the real tragedy: That Kanye lost his mother too soon. That she will not be there to see him get married or have kids. That Kanye’s future children will not have a grandmother. Thanks again for showing another side to this story.

Jessie November 15, 2007, 12:52 PM

Thank you for not jumping on the sleaze bandwagon and for honoring Donda in such a classy way—she was an amazing woman and deserves a tribute like this.

elizabeth November 15, 2007, 3:14 PM

Listening to Kanye sing about his mother in your report made me cry. It is evident he really loved his accomplisged mother, and I am so sorry he lost her way too early…
Elizabeth

Anonymous November 15, 2007, 3:27 PM

This is so sad. I can’t imagine what Kanye is going through right now. She was so young.

Anonymous November 15, 2007, 6:54 PM

This is such a tragic and unnecessary loss of life.

To everyone out there. Please know that you are beautiful just as God created you. If your breasts, hips, tummy, legs; whatever part of you is unlikeable to you, remember, God created you. God does not make mistakes. God loves us as he created us. All he asks for is our faith in him and Christ.

The bodies that our spirits occupy is a temporary tent for our true souls. Please, please love and accept yourselves as you are. Let’s stop mutilating Gods’ work. Increased faith and peace to all.

browngirlgumbo November 15, 2007, 7:31 PM

I’m so glad to see Holly Robinson Peete speak out about what a wonderful person that Dr. Donda West was. I didn’t have the opportunity to ever meet her, but I love her son’s music and always felt like they had a strong bond. I can’t begin to imagine the grief that he’s feeling right now. May God bless him and his family during this difficult time.

Holly, thank you for being such a great rolel model for women. You are always such an inspiration.

lisa November 16, 2007, 12:27 AM

sorry Kayne for your lost may GOD be with you and your family

Ronda Bell November 16, 2007, 2:27 AM

Kanye
My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kindest Regards,
Ronda

CARYL November 16, 2007, 3:59 AM

Be strong kanye.may god be with you always.deepest sympathy.caryl

Sylvia November 16, 2007, 8:13 AM

When someone close to you passes away, words cannot express the pain you feel inside. I always use to see Donda and Kanye together, and you could just tell how much they loved each other. Then to lose his mother in this way, makes it even more devasting. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Linda November 16, 2007, 8:16 AM

Kanye,

As a mother of 3 sons, I always admired and respected your relationship and love for your mother. I too know that special bond with my sons and as a Mom, will always keep you in my prayers. You are a testament to the strong loving mother that God blessed you with. Peace and Blessings, Linda K.

Linda November 16, 2007, 8:21 AM

As a mother of 3 sons, I always admired your love and relationship with Donda. I too have that special bond with my sons and as a mother, will always keep you in my prayers. Know that you are a testament to the strong, wonderful woman that nurtured you through love. Peace and Blessings, Linda K.

Tammy White November 16, 2007, 11:35 AM

May God bless your family during this time.

Sue November 18, 2007, 6:50 PM

Thank you Holly Robinson Peete for take the doctor out of the spotlight i know for well what the West family is going though to loss a love one to the hands of a doctor. They should be accountable for the things they do to our life. But in court not in the news, My strenght came from god and my children and the West family have to find their strenght in this difficult time in God and each other. It will be hard but believe in the Lord and He will get u though this. And we ur fans we be there for u and pray for u and ur family. God Bless You though this Kanye but remember the ur mother is the strenght of ur family, and that she will always be there in ur heart.

Love ur fan

Susan

Linda A. November 20, 2007, 3:39 PM

When I heard about the death of Kanye’s mother, my heart felt so much pain for Kayne. I think about Donda everyday for some reason. I felt like this was truly a sinceless death and Kanye lost his mother too soon. There’s nothing like a mother’s love, I know, because I lost my mother 3 years ago…I think about her everyday and miss her just as much.

tahara kinchen November 20, 2007, 4:29 PM

As a mother, i admire how kanye and Dr.West relationship was. I’m just glad that Dr. West was able to see her son make it. I wish that all men will treat those special ladies in thier life the same way. He will make it! It maybe hard and at times he may feel like he just can’t go on. Hold on! Joy will come in the morning. We are all here for you! We all are very proud of you.

1st Lady November 24, 2007, 2:36 PM

I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to Kanye West. Needless to say that “West” is also the name of My Maternal Grandfather. Who is from Oklahoma (coincidence i’m sure). God is no shorter than HIS word, he will never leave you nor will HE forsake you! Be strong in the Lord and the Power of His might! God Bless Kanye

missy November 25, 2007, 8:36 AM