Amanda Bynes: I Don't Drink

Not many child stars can boast a clean police record or that they don't drink alcohol. And in the wake of 16-year-old Jamie Lynn's pregnancy news, it is nice to know our kids still have a positive role model. In an exclusive interview with Mom•Logic, we found out all about Amanda, including how her parents taught her about alcohol--and the answer may surprise you.

next: For Your Own Good
rodney December 19, 2007, 4:51 PM

yeah for Amanda. She is not only beautiful she has a beautiful mind.

April December 19, 2007, 5:53 PM

It’s nice to know our children have one good role model left. Personally, I think Amanda Bynes is a doll. I’ve seen several of her movies, and she’s actually a talented comedienne and actress. If I had a daughter, I would much rather her look up to Amanda Bynes than any other young star today.

Anonymous December 21, 2007, 2:06 AM

too much peresure is put on teens 2 day its not that bad that jamie lee is pregnant at 16 its a new life after all she could be on drugs or suicidle she has worked since she was small so she alot more mature than 16 if u let ur child work form such a young age what do u exspect give her a break

rug December 21, 2007, 10:53 AM

jamie lynn spears is a legacy in stupidity … has had no family leaders to teach her right from wrong … pitiful … I will promote Amanda Bynes in a heartbeat and she is a much better roll model than the spears trailer clan

Joe Bua December 21, 2007, 1:35 PM

A guy commenting here? Well, sure, why not.

Well, here’s a smart young woman. Wish there were more of them out there.

Sadly, what I notice looking at the bigger picture is that many of the young women working in the entertainment industry whose parents let them be hypersexualized at a young age have a higher occurrence of “issues.”

And no, that’s not always the case, but there are some corralaries.

Jennie  December 21, 2007, 2:49 PM

I think Amanda is a terrific role model to point out to your young children as an alternative to those whom are now be idolized. She’s a little older, but not much, has been a sweetheart in all that I’ve heard regarding working with her and she’s pretty without dressing like a tart. I do wish she’d be offered or accept more movies where she could shine and stand out as the role model young girls,in particular, need right now, desperately…thank you.

marilyn January 23, 2008, 8:06 AM

amanda bynes is a terrific role model!((::admire her lots

Amanda~ January 23, 2008, 7:10 PM

I never have a temptation like that either.
I love how she can be so straight edge and keep things together.
We also have the same first name. n_n

Aisha July 17, 2008, 7:35 PM

Amanda Bynes rock! She’s beautiful and has a great sense of humour. Plus,shes so much fun to watch! I lurve her body!

Jessica August 25, 2008, 12:01 PM

Amanda Bynes is really beautiful!

shady September 13, 2008, 9:07 PM

hi amanda i am 25 and iam a dentist
i love you tooo much and i hope to read my message
i am sure that there is no body love you more me
plz amanda feel me
i love you until toy feel me
thank you very very much for reading my message amanda

zayan November 15, 2008, 8:41 AM

hi amanda. this is for u.

I L L U U
I O L O U U
I V V U U
I E E U U
I E U U U

I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE U.
if you EVER come to India, do meet me.

ps. the extra letters on love r for emphasis and to show extra love to you !!!!!!!!!!

zayan November 15, 2008, 8:50 AM

darn. they ruined my format. all those jumbled up letters were supposed to be I LOVE U with all the I’s combined to form a big ‘I’ and LOVE in the shape of a heart and the U’s to form a big ‘U’, which spelt I LOVE U.

-SORRY AMANDA
ZAYAN

zayan November 15, 2008, 8:56 AM

again. they linked my name this time.

REALLY SORRY AMANDA !!!!!!!!!!

Kit December 28, 2008, 9:02 PM

Oh, go to hell with your role model crap, people! Great for Amanda if she doesn’t drink or party, but that doesn’t make her a saint! It’s time that you people wake up, smell the coffee and realize YOU as parents carry the sole responsibility of teaching your children right from wrong, not Jamie-Lynn Spears or Amanda Bynes or ANY celebrity for that matter. This role model nonsense is simply a ploy for parents to excuse their poor child-rearing skills and point the finger at celebrities instead. What you people are doing is raising a generation of children who will not take responsibility for their actions, but instead blame strangers they see on TV for their mistakes, just as their parents are doing. You’ll blame the Spears family or Lindsay Lohan for everything that is wrong with your kids, and yet you’ll teach them not to fall under the peer pressure of their pill-popping and booze-guzzling classmates. What kind of contradiction is that? Momlogic, if you had ANY bit of logic at all, you would know BETTER than to make celebrities pillars of morality. Their ONLY responsibility the public is to entertain, NOT to be “role models”. Anyone else can feel free to challenge or disagree with my statement, but that will NOT change the reality of it.

Kailee April 7, 2009, 2:58 AM

Kit, i am 13 and i hear celebrities like Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Debbie Ryan, The Jonas Brothers, Hilary Duff, and many more say they want to be role models all the time. Don’t blame parents for what celebrities say!!!!! And get your facts straight before you go and yell at people for trying to find a suitable role models for their kids.Because there are a lot of parents out there that do not want to be role models for their kids they want someone who they can understand better.

3 peaks challenge March 6, 2011, 4:08 PM

A really good set of info which I will be certainly coming back to read again. Thanks very much to all those who contribute.

high pr do follow blogs March 29, 2011, 1:30 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

mortgage qualification calculator March 30, 2011, 10:44 PM

Thats some good fundamentals there, already knew some of that, but you can always learn more. I doubt a “kid” could put together such information as dolphin278 suggested. Maybe he’s just attempting to be “controversial? lol

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 2:49 AM

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!