I Saw the "Childless Bitch" Shopping!

Guest Momologue response: Yesterday, I was doing some holiday shopping at the mall with my kids, and I bumped into the “Childless Bitch!

devilwoman.jpg

mamaloveshopping writes: "I’m pretty sure it was her, because she kept muttering “goddamn breeder” and “crotch fruit” under her breath while glaring at my 3-year-old, who immediately started to cry, “Mommy, that lady is sooo mean!” Gee, kids really do say the darndest things.

But the truth is, she turned my pleasant shopping experience into a real drag. So, here are a few tips for you Sexless in the City gals who decide to venture into the malls during the holiday rush.

1. Please don’t frighten my children. As a parent, I vigilantly protect my kids from scary and unpleasant imagery. I don’t want them to have nightmares of angry, embittered women skulking through malls in hot pursuit of the latest lip plumper they read about in Cosmo.

2. Those impatient cartoon noises you make while I’m trying to get my kids out of your self-entitled way aren’t going to make us move any faster. What’s your hurry, anyway? The bars stay open ‘til two—plenty of time for you to get sh*t-faced with your other childless friends and throw up in your purse.

3. And hey, I know you’ve had a hard night of partying and you reek of cigarette smoke, but please don’t get too near my child. Secondhand smoke kills, not to mention secondhand smoke on trendy secondhand clothes.

4. The holidays are a time for family and togetherness, not for sad lonely women who hate children and probably their own families—assuming someone in your clan has procreated. If you can’t handle the normal hustle and bustle of the Season of Giving–get out of the mall.

5. When you’re alone in the crowded food court (which is probably often), don’t sit yourself down at a table meant for four. If there are no seats available, then please, feel free to eat your meal on the go. That way, you can high-tail it out of the mall that much faster.

Oh, and last, but not least, follow your own advice: It’s called online shopping. Suck it up and pay the shipping costs. This will not only be a gift to your overall health and well-being this holiday season, but also a kind way for you to give back to your community.

And, if you ever change your mind and have children (Honey, believe it or not, the odds are good), those of us with children wish upon you a colicky baby and a temper tantrum-prone toddler—you’ll love them just as we love our children, but then you can endure the heartless comments of women just like you.

But for now, please be warned: Me, my kids and my stroller are at the mall to kick some shopping ass—so get outta our way."

next: Boy, That's a Nice Kitchen!
Anonymous December 6, 2007, 6:54 AM

Well, I’m a mom of two beautiful sons and I am disgusted of the person who wrote this POS. It really sounds envious of childless women. I myself went to the mall quite often without my kids when they were small because it’s simply more convenient to not have to look out for them. I guess I could have been one of those women who sat alone at the table. Or the one who looked irritated at the sight of a so-called parent who dragged the kids along instead of leaving them home with a relative or babysitter. Sure, there are times when you don’t have that luxury.

But still, thinking that every person who isn’t immediately smiling at your kids is somehow evil - that’s rubbish. They have their own lives and you don’t know what they’re thinking. Maybe something sad happened to them. You just assume it’s all about you and your kids. That’s incredibly self-centered and quite frankly, I don’t want to be lumped in with moms like you.

And I also don’t get why so many here complain about the childless people posting. Sure, I don’t like some of their comments as well. But you started it with this stupid article. If you’d just stop writing anything about women without kids they won’t come here. I really don’t get why there has to be any comment about childless people on a mom’s site. Their life is different from ours, so why is there any need to write something about them ? I never had any trouble with childless people, maybe you wouldn’t have either if you resorted to the “live and let live” philosophy.

Anonymous December 6, 2007, 10:11 AM

To the poster below me: I wanna shake your hand. The world needs more parents like YOU, instead of self-entitled breeders.

Anonymous December 6, 2007, 10:52 AM

This got a little heated didn’t it?

Anonymous December 6, 2007, 12:16 PM

You know I’ve been reading some of these posts on here and the other ones and I’m really appalled. Being a mom myself I don’t think I’ve ever walked in anywhere with my kids and felt like okay I’m here now and that’s all that matters and especially to all those without kids!
To add to the matter of saying I think your evil for not smiling at my child and say oh how cute. I don’t know who started this, but my purpose for going out to buy things for my family is not so some strange can comment on how cute my child is. I just simply need to go out just like everyone else does and I don’t always have that luxury of leaving my kids at home with someone and if I can I will, because it is nice to go do shopping without the kids sometimes.
The reason of the so called child-less people being on here is, because someone wrote an article about going out shopping and to basically keep kids out her way. Everyone has the right to go anywhere whether you have children or not.
Some of the posts made on this website by people who have chosen not to or if they can’t have a child have been to the point of wanting to hurt or see a child die. I think that is what has upset some of the mothers on here. Not just this article, but on some others as well.
If you do not have a child that gives you no right to wish harm or death upon another’s, plain and simple.
Maybe something has happened to them that was very sad, so that means wanting to bring sadness to others.
As,for the whole entitled thing I’m not that person I don’t feel I’m better than others for giving birth.

courtney  December 6, 2007, 2:02 PM

I would like to say you go girl! I think that you responded pretty well to the “childless bitch”
I do see both sides, but if you cant calm your kid down if they are upset or misbehaving then go home and come back at another time. But otherwise there is no reason a parent should not be able to bring her kids out with her. So for those of you who get annoyed with all the children at the mall, get over yourself this is life and obliviously you are in a PUBLIC place. Also to the people with children just deal with the fact that everybody cant be happy, just deal with yourself and your kids, again it is a PUBLIC place and there will be people who either dont like your children or may just be having a bad day. Just so you know I do not have children currently. But I think some people should get a grip on this site, it seems to me that some of you are a bit defensive. I saw this sight advertised on The Tyra show and was just looking for some help for a friend.

courtney  December 6, 2007, 2:10 PM

One more thing I dont think that mamalovesshopping was being as serious as you all are getting. lighten up because as an outsider I can tell you that almost all of you should like losers, you should be ashamed of yourselves. (Both sides)
now lets see how many of you will waste your time to reply, I hope you will take a hint and none of you will.

courtney  December 6, 2007, 2:11 PM

sound like*

Pam December 6, 2007, 3:24 PM

I completely agree. Well said, and thank you mamaloveshopping.

Pam December 6, 2007, 3:24 PM

I completely agree. Well said, and thank you mamaloveshopping.

a grown up December 14, 2007, 12:13 PM

It seems to me that everyone on this site is acting more like children than my actual children. Lets all grow up and learn to accept the differences that we all bring to the world. UNBELIEVABLE!!

a grown up December 14, 2007, 12:14 PM

Jude December 14, 2007, 3:25 PM

Okay, I happened on this site and I didn’t know there were such sad and burdened people out there. The language used to describe children apparently does not apply to the single gal who originally wrote in…or does it? WHO’S AT FAULT HERE? THE WEBSITE! Just who did you think you were serving by posting this? The decision to post this did not serve humanity one whit and in fact had to be to drum up readers via shock and awe. So as far as I’m concerned you are just as bad as the people who choose to denigrate children - and on a site for mothers, no less. Let them rant on their own websites and start monitoring this site closer.

Yvonne December 24, 2007, 6:44 AM

Can someone tell me how we are supposed to react? I am childfree by choice (looong, painful story), but I’m not a child-hater by far and I think the hate spew by many Childfree is wrong. But I think parents treat people wrong, too. Example: I’m in a store looking around and I hear a squeal, giggle, and fast little feet flying behind me. When I glance up and notice the frantic mom isles away and that little Jr. is about to dart out into the mall, I will quickly go out and try to corral the little guy back or at least squat down and try to talk to him until his mom can catch up. Does she ever say thanks for stopping her little one from running right out into the parking lot or up on the bench he was aimed at and right over the second story rail? No. I understand mom’s stress levels are high and she’s just had a scare, but that doesn’t excuse her yanking the kid away and glaring at me like I’m some child molester or kidnapper! How many times has this situation happened? Every time—and I worked at the mall for years. After a guy friend of mine did this one day, a mother reported him to the mall cops and to the store manager; he was fired! Now when I see Jr. taking off like this, my ability to help these mothers protect their kid is severely damaged—I find myself frozen between fearing for that toddler’s safety and fearing that I’m going to get arrested or lose my job! What am I supposed to do? Similarly, I don’t want to run your kids off of my property because I’d love to help them build a tree house in my yard and join them playing tag—who doesn’t want to be the cool neighbor? But I’ve been left with such a bad taste in my mouth by UberMothers anymore, I’m afraid little Mary will get a boo-boo and I’ll get sued for everything I own! What am I supposed to do? I’m really looking for honest advice here…

Yvonne December 24, 2007, 6:48 AM

Sandra January 23, 2008, 3:52 PM

Wow, there are some scary folks out there.

Kat February 11, 2008, 4:40 PM

I’m seventeen and I work retail part time. I love kids, anyone who brings a kid into the store while I’m working can attest to that. While I was cashing someone out, a women with her stroller said, “excuse me” so the guy I was helping moved out of the way immediately. But as she went by she shook her head and muttered, “a**hole!” He had his back to her, it’s not like he was waiting for her to ask before he moved, he just didn’t know she was there.

So, don’t you think this bitch thing could go both ways? Oh by the way, when she came around again he smiled at her kid, who waved at him from the stroller. This was a nice guy!

UguysRfunnyLOL March 7, 2008, 2:13 PM

I think this posting was just a fun-hearted response to CB. Like I asked before, why are we wasting energy on her?
She’s probably some poor girl who was abandoned by her mother, treated poorly by whom ever took upon the task of raising her, and has had no luck finding a man (or woman for that matter) who loves her and makes her feel warm towards other humans… including children.
Lets just let her continue climbing up the corporate latter by providing explicit favors to her boss… while we stroll the malls with our adorable children.

Naomi April 10, 2008, 4:04 PM

Wow, is this post for real? Scary. I understand when women don’t want to have children for assorted reasons, but when they actually just straight out HATE children? Yikes, that’s evil. And yes, again, I was wondering why childless women are even on this site. Do they have dogs they dress up or something and call themselves moms? I don’t know. This is all fairly confusing and weird.

cakewalk May 27, 2008, 2:59 PM

not all childfree people hate children. i choose not to have kids because i want to enjoy my life the way it is. also, why do all childfree women have to be described as spinsters with cats? i have cats, but i also have a husband, who is coincidentally childfree as well. we spend a lot of time on our hobbies and our house, and children just dont fit into our lifestyle. i understand that motherhood is a wonderful thing for most, but ninety percent of women i know with children are so miserable. i guess it all boils down to choice, and everyone should respect the choices of others regardless of their path.

Anna September 4, 2008, 11:01 PM

if everyone was considerate of other people- with or without kids, you would never have lame articles like this. I dont have kids, I never scare other people’s kids (in fact, we get along fine usually). I am only peeved when people don’t have the common decency to know when to take their kids back to the car when misbehavior starts up. My Mom did it with me when I was a child and it worked.

The truth is that kids are not my pet peeve when shopping its when a slow fat/ old person waddles in front of you and you cant get past them; Another case is when you have two people with shopping carts who know each other and start chatting, thereby blocking off the aisle.

We would all be happy if everyone respected the fact that there are other people who are in public areas other themselves and, in some cases, their children.