The Cheating Mom Diaries: Michelle

Michelle, Mom of two, tells how her secret affair began.

200069518-001.jpg

"I've been married for 13 years to an attorney, and I have two boys, ages 12 and 8. My affair with "the devil" started exactly three years ago--January 2005. I distinctly remember having a conversation about affairs with my close friend, Chloe, just the month before in her TriBeCa loft. Chloe said in her darling French accent, "Michelle, you know that there are three rules to having an affair: First, never fool around with anyone with whom you might share your work day; second, never ever choose a partner that lives in your building; and third, affairs with other parents from your child's school are off limits." Two months later, I broke that third rule.

But I just couldn't help myself.

My best friend is named Angela. We met on our sons' first day of kindergarten. Our sons each came running out of the classroom of their new school shrieking, "I have a new best friend!" Excitedly, we asked, "Who?" My son Zane answered, "Anthony!" Simultaneously, Anthony answered, "Zane!" They were fast friends--and so were Angela and I. If you'd told me that day I would end up falling in love with Angela's ex, I would have never believed it. But that's exactly what ended up happening.

Angela was a single mother. I'd often go to her loft after morning drop-off, and we'd spend hours talking. Her favorite topic of conversation was Anthony's father, Natas--a Trinidadian man 15 years her senior. I heard dramatic, eye-popping, hair-raising stories of their time together. I would listen to her laugh, worry and cry almost every day about Natas.

Eventually, Natas made an appearance in her life once again, when our boys were in fourth grade. At this point, he was married with two very young children. He would come to Angela's every Sunday and cook a traditional Trinidadian Sunday feast for his son, and I was often invited. He was a flirt, and I enjoyed it immensely, as it felt very safe--he was married and he also had Angela on the side. Our relationship was strictly friendly...until he asked me if he could call me. Soon after, our affair began, and my life changed forever..."

...to be continued...

next: My Mom Was Committed Like Britney
chuckles February 11, 2008, 5:19 PM

you my dear are a s.l.u.t.

wizzokatz February 12, 2008, 10:55 PM

I know how easy it is for these things to happen, even when your brain is screaming “NO WAY!”

con_molto_amore May 7, 2008, 11:49 PM

Every healthy marriage deserves an affair! Someone told me that once.

youcallyourselfafriend June 3, 2008, 9:45 PM

You sat and listened to your BEST friend talk about this man for years and then you went behind her back and slept with him.

You are a bad person and a bad friend. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

mymy June 3, 2008, 9:52 PM

My my how judgemental everyone seems to be, and haven’t even heard the whole story.

Guess you all are just perfect and have never made mistakes , or had the strength to expose those mistakes to the world.

Clean up your own backyards before pointing at the dirt in others. Perhaps if you spent half as much time on your marriages as you did on the internet, your man wouldn’t be cheating, or contemplating cheating on you.

david June 3, 2008, 11:48 PM

I’m not sure why this website is posting these accounts of affairs. The accounts from the mistresses and the prostitute in the video might be helpful to women who want to keep their husbands from straying, and maybe even improve their marriages, but I don’t think Diane or Michelle have anything to say that anyone would find useful in order to improve their own life or marriage. Reading this stuff is a waste of time. It’s voyeuristic, nothing else. I’m getting out of here.

Anonymous June 3, 2008, 11:53 PM

remember when you point a finger at someone… Three fingers point back at YOU!!! Just a little something my told me! Thought you might want to think about it. One more… Until you walk in someone else’s shoes…

emerald June 4, 2008, 12:54 AM

Your son’s best friend’s father… Disgusting, selfish. Does not deserve to be a mother. A failure as a friend, a parent and a spouse.
All I can say is I pity her because she has to live with herself for the rest of her life.

Anonymous June 4, 2008, 1:51 AM

You have got to be kidding me, I’ve been cheated on and you know what I can’t create that type of pain and give it to someone i care for and love. Not to mention there are way to many diseases out there to not be able to “help yourself” and you know what whether you believe it or not your feelings for your husband have died out and now he has to suffer for it. Put yourself in the receiving position before you decide to cheat. When you love someone you love them, when you don’t you don’t. plain and simple

Anonymous June 4, 2008, 5:53 AM

How easy it is to be self righteous!

Anonymous June 4, 2008, 9:18 AM

Self righteous easy? No I think you have got it wrong. Cheating is easy.

Mark June 4, 2008, 11:37 AM

My wife had an affair on me a few years back. I was a very good husband. Very attentive. We did date nights. I cooked, cleaned, raised the boys with her, did not work late and was there for her during very traumatic times in her life.

An old flame of hers contacted her. Someone who had rejected her a long time ago. Pure and simpe, anyone who cheats is immature emotionally. She had a conversation with her best friend of over 35 years who was cheating on her husband and it sounded good.

My kids learned about it before I did. The idiot left her AOL account up and running and his IM messages were there.

She traumatized our kids and wrecked our marriage because she wanted a f’ing thrill and wanted to hook up with someone who jilted her when she was 20.

Some women have no self-esteem and are very self-centered. That’s exactly what this P.O.S. lady is in this article. It really makes me wish and yearn for the times when adultery was against the laq. The problem was that it seemed to be a man’s law and enforced only for men. What a shame because it was a good law.

I can tell you that after this long of time, I’m still a wreck. I had put my complete trust in my wife and it was shattered because of her immaturity.

Why this website feels a need to give a voice (and a prominent one at that) to this type of behavior is beyond me.

Anonymous June 4, 2008, 10:32 PM

Mark I am sorry to hear your story. I was involved with a cheater and I know the devastation it can cause. Like some one so aptly put in another message: “You do not get over it but you get through it.”
I got some great advice from my doctor that really helped me “get through” it. It still makes me sad even after all these years but I do not dwell on it. I went on to a healthy happy relationship and a better life!! So there is hope and here is the advice:

Take care of yourself first then you will be able to take care of your loved ones so..

1. Get lots of hugs from your children because the loving touch will help to heal without the complication of a relationship.

2. Exercise – it will release endorphins which will help you to cope.

3.Get counseling - a regularly scheduled confidential session with a professional will help you to work through this.

4.Do stretches, yoga or tai chi – as you stretch the muscles and release it lets out the toxins in your system.

5.If depression sets in seek medical advice – there are many new medications that can give you relief.

6. Faith – don’t lose it if you have it and find it if you don’t.

7. And remember it is thru our tears that we heal.

Peace and love to you.

just a person June 6, 2008, 2:09 AM

there is nothing worst then betraying your husband and your best friend…

Janet June 6, 2008, 8:30 AM

What ever you sow you will surely reap.

understands June 10, 2008, 12:53 AM

I can relate to it. I won’t critize you. I’ve been married for 13 years. Trusted my husband with everything I had, and then found out he was having an affair. Then he did it again 2 more times. Although he told me he never had sex with these women, idk if I belive that. Turns out…i got him back…I didn’t plan it though. It just happened. I lost everything i had for him. We are still married but now I’m cheating with a married man. I never thought I’d do that to another woman but he gives me what I’m missing and apparently I do the same in return. Only problem is….I’ve fallen in love with him. I didn’t mean to do it…I think about his wife and kids…but, there has to be something missing at home when one cheats. He gives me everything I’ve been longing to feel in years. There really are two sides to every story and people shouldnt be so judgemental!

Marsha  June 18, 2008, 11:50 PM

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for cheating on your spouse or partner .
If you are not happy then get a divorce they are legal in every state . Cheating shows a lack of repsect for your spouse/partner , your children , yourself and God .

goche21 August 3, 2008, 1:51 PM

While I don’t think your decision was right, I wont judge you. It is up to you to decide if you want to stop the affair, or continue it.

For those of you insulting this woman, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Think of all the sins you’ve committed, and the actions you want to take back. Before you ever try to judge another human being, judge yourself. I can promise you your life isn’t flawless.

adyme35 August 15, 2008, 10:16 PM

BITCHS don’t get mad sometimes things happen when you dont expect them, and if you are a good girl you never expect a affair.

rulsgrl August 19, 2008, 11:16 AM

She sounds pretty proud of the fact that not only is she hurting her friend by scr$wing her ex, she is also breaking up a family. Just because this guy flirted with her and made her feel special (btw, guys like that only do that so they can get in your pants). I guarantee you that his wife wouldnt think it was so cute.