The Cheating Mom Diaries: Michelle

Michelle, Mom of two, tells how her secret affair began.

200069518-001.jpg

"I've been married for 13 years to an attorney, and I have two boys, ages 12 and 8. My affair with "the devil" started exactly three years ago--January 2005. I distinctly remember having a conversation about affairs with my close friend, Chloe, just the month before in her TriBeCa loft. Chloe said in her darling French accent, "Michelle, you know that there are three rules to having an affair: First, never fool around with anyone with whom you might share your work day; second, never ever choose a partner that lives in your building; and third, affairs with other parents from your child's school are off limits." Two months later, I broke that third rule.

But I just couldn't help myself.

My best friend is named Angela. We met on our sons' first day of kindergarten. Our sons each came running out of the classroom of their new school shrieking, "I have a new best friend!" Excitedly, we asked, "Who?" My son Zane answered, "Anthony!" Simultaneously, Anthony answered, "Zane!" They were fast friends--and so were Angela and I. If you'd told me that day I would end up falling in love with Angela's ex, I would have never believed it. But that's exactly what ended up happening.

Angela was a single mother. I'd often go to her loft after morning drop-off, and we'd spend hours talking. Her favorite topic of conversation was Anthony's father, Natas--a Trinidadian man 15 years her senior. I heard dramatic, eye-popping, hair-raising stories of their time together. I would listen to her laugh, worry and cry almost every day about Natas.

Eventually, Natas made an appearance in her life once again, when our boys were in fourth grade. At this point, he was married with two very young children. He would come to Angela's every Sunday and cook a traditional Trinidadian Sunday feast for his son, and I was often invited. He was a flirt, and I enjoyed it immensely, as it felt very safe--he was married and he also had Angela on the side. Our relationship was strictly friendly...until he asked me if he could call me. Soon after, our affair began, and my life changed forever..."

...to be continued...

next: My Mom Was Committed Like Britney
lee August 21, 2008, 9:50 AM

if someone is going to cheat that is what is going to happen! iv been married 20 years .cheated on my wife two time .thought she would have never done it to me .messed me up pretty bad .but i got over it .and still married and having and affair for 2 years .based on once a cheater always one . she probley is tooo

barefootboy November 27, 2008, 1:26 PM

Hey she could not help it. She was horny.

Jaco December 16, 2008, 4:03 AM

Its all about the human ego. What all affairs have in common is that both people do it because it strokes thier ego in some fashion. Being the center of attention again, someone else focusing on them, making them feel sexy and attractive. Buddhists figured this out 2,500 years ago. Suffering comes from the ego.

2-24-85 December 29, 2008, 4:30 PM

I cheated on my fiance’ of almost 8 years, I have 2 girls with him, one is 6 and the other 3, I was drinking on July 4th of this year and I tried my damndist to avoid the situation but the guy kept flirting and I was wasted so I messed up, it is the only time I have ever done that and I know I will never do it again be cause I know the hurt my husband is going through still to this day, My kids know nothing about it and I want to keep it that way. I know I messed up and I have changed my ways so that it never happens again (Quit Drinking). My husband looks for the guy every now and then and he has seen him 2 times, he really wants to beat him up, and I tell him it’s not worth it but he says he would be able to release alot of anger that way? Advice anyone?

KEN March 20, 2009, 3:16 AM

MARK… I’M WITH YOU. IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW TO ME AND MY SON.THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!! I AM SO LOST

Anonymous April 29, 2009, 7:31 PM

Woman never but i say never give a seconed chance to a cheater. I did and he did it again and again…. Once a cheater there will always be a cheater. Girls don’t care if they are married and have kids now in day. So whoever cheats dosen’t deserve a chance. My husband cheated on me eventhought i took care of him i didn’t even made him work. They take us for granted i wish the best for all the girls out there.
-A single mother

Throughoutrelatively December 8, 2009, 5:44 AM

Rate Station,sum exercise sport roll owner mark unfortunately today should go handle route post reality means egg or plant act pressure ago organisation evening derive somewhat treaty modern likely friend serious scientist buy period sister come either possibility chemical handle anything worker huge people restaurant box therefore next director service suffer management central addition career powerful outcome chance conservative version secure inform until price daughter deep have credit treatment soil part declare call east certainly deputy easily neither propose goal provided whom finish our hell executive

Dean Cochrun January 9, 2010, 12:25 AM

I just want to say those who are cheating on there spouse need to go file for divorce right now and never get married again.

LoL September 2, 2010, 5:50 PM

Cheating equal’s to rape. When women get rape women cry about it, and when women cheat women laugh about it, and also cry about it. What’s the difference between cheating and rape none because there is no difference.

Gabriella Dluhy December 12, 2010, 6:08 AM

There is apparently a bundle to know about this. I think you made various good points in features also.

Rene Koretsky December 12, 2010, 6:09 AM

There is clearly a bundle to know about this. I believe you made various good points in features also.

Phoebe Velardi December 12, 2010, 6:28 AM

Angeline Emdee December 12, 2010, 2:43 PM

There is noticeably a lot to realize about this. I think you made certain nice points in features also.

Dawn Sebo December 12, 2010, 2:44 PM

There is obviously a bundle to realize about this. I feel you made certain nice points in features also.

Mamie Flato December 12, 2010, 3:02 PM

There is obviously a bunch to realize about this. I assume you made various nice points in features also.

facebook effect January 17, 2011, 8:46 PM

Perfect piece of work you have done, this internet site is really cool with great information.

facebook marketing ideas January 17, 2011, 10:41 PM

you are my inhalation , I possess few web logs and very sporadically run out from to brand : (.

Keven Besherse April 8, 2011, 6:04 PM

Would you be fascinated with exchanging links?

Merlyn Brana April 8, 2011, 10:35 PM

I¡¯m delighted that I have noticed this weblog. Finally something not a junk, which we undergo incredibly frequently. The website is lovingly serviced and stored up to date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us.

Joey Jimerson April 10, 2011, 12:02 AM

hey all, I was simply checkin’ out this weblog and I actually admire the basis of the article, and don’t have anything to do, so if anybody wish to to have an engrossing convo about it, please contact me on AIM, my name is heather smith