Trista Sutter's Guilty Pleasure

Mom•Logic friend Trista Sutter discusses her bikini cover.

trista_uscover.jpg

Trista and Ryan Sutter are reality show royalty, having met on the set of the Bachelorette, later marrying and now living happily in Colorado with their 5-month-old son, Max. Trista graces the cover of the latest issue of Us, looking quite svelte in her bikini. We reached out to her to follow up on her bod and babe.

On Sticking to her Diet: "Considering it is after the shoot in Hawaii, I have slacked off a little this week. I will get back on track next week, but I did eat some lemon tea bread from Whole Foods this morning for breakfast. When I am being really bad, I will go for Wendy's french fries dipped in a Frosty--its unbelievable. I don't believe in diets and will splurge now and then--its all about moderation!"

Her one weight loss tip: "I took two Revolution Abdominal Cuts every day, which are workout supplements."

On Trying for Baby #2: "We would love to have two babies close in age because I am an only child and think it would be nice for two children to grow up together. We're not necessarily trying, just being a normal husband and wife. It took two years for us to get pregnant with Max, and because it was our first, we were gung-ho about making the experience picture-perfect. Now that we have Max, we are a lot less stressed about getting pregnant. If it doesn't happen, we'll be satisfied with one child or consider adopting down the road."

On Facing Bikini Backlash: "The last time I was on Us, people were upset because they thought I was 'complaining' about my post baby weight too close to Max's birth. Some said I didn't appreciate Max or the body that housed him for nine months, which of course was not true. I just wanted to be fit and healthy so that I had more energy to care for him and live longer. The longer I live, the longer I can be with my child. So far everything I read about this cover has been positive."

On Max being almost 6 months old: "He won't fall asleep, and he's also developed this blood curdling scream when he's tired. The scream rocks me to the core, and I can't focus on anything. As a mother, it's so hard to hear, and you feel helpless. So right now, its about finding a way to get him to sleep more."

tristababy.jpg trista1.jpg

For more on Trista and details on her diet and workout, pick up the latest Us Weekly.

next: Today’s 'Oprah': A Mother’s Nightmare
sugar January 17, 2008, 4:39 PM

Holy ….., she looks too good! What did she take?

RK January 18, 2008, 10:41 PM

All this does is add to the CONSTANT pressure of moms to do everything, be everything to everyone, and look perfect all at the same time. Magazine covers like this just reinforce the idea that something is wrong with a mom who has a NORMAL body. What a disappointment; I really liked Trista before all this.

mary January 21, 2008, 4:37 PM

Sugar, I disagree with you. If a article like this makes you feel bad then you have something you need to address. Trista isnt saying that you have to get in the best shape ever, its saying that she wanted to because she wanted to be healthy for her family. Who dosnt like wearing a bikini and feeling great, if you had that body you would do the same. She didnt do it without help either, she took a diet product. I understand that pretty bodies on the cover make some feel threatened but those are your own demons, not Tristas

Heather January 25, 2008, 8:51 AM

Do you really think we are all so interested in your trying for baby #2. Please! Note to Ryan - you can do soooo much better then someone that controls you so much and never lets you get a word in edgewise, that’s not a marriage that a mockery of relationships with a man being the silent submissive type doing everything to please a woman who can’t be pleased and never stopping, you’re not helping to instill humility and appreciation which is something she needs to learn. All she does is sponge off people to get more and more stuff and show off the fact the she controls everyone in her family, it’s sad. But what’s more concerning is that there are people like ryan that are actually doing it. Normally, people wouldn’t stand for being used and abused like that

Brenda January 25, 2008, 8:56 AM

I’ve had 3 children and “have my body back”. I didn’t feel it was necessary to flaunt, heck I didn’t know that was all I needed to do to get on a cover, because we all know Trista isn’t really known for anything else, except mooching. I agree with the tip about her needing humility, trista probably doesn’t know what that words means though being the airhead she is. Ryan please get a spine and leave this person, she takes advantage of the fact that you’re sensitive and controls you and you may be too nice to realize that you’re being used.

erika February 7, 2008, 10:19 AM

what’s sad is people think Ryan should leave his wife and baby because you perceive her a certain way. Even sadder, you think you know all about their marriage. Ryan’s personality is more sibmissive than hers, but that does not mean he is spineless. The man has a job and probably makes most of the decisions, you just aren’t privy to them. yes, we all had babies, but we aren’t “famous” to be on magazines, big difference. Leave them alone, they are a happy family & nice people. It’s a joke to think Ryan is being used.

Heather February 9, 2008, 9:03 PM

Exactly erika-we all had babies and are not famous for it, and neither is trista, she is just milking magazine covers to sponge off us for mre and more things and ultimately to have more babies - don’t be naive and call ryan submissive, if you read any of the articles you’d know he is spineless and does whatever she wants him to do , its pathetic. i think he should leave her.

Heather February 11, 2008, 8:55 AM

yes, thank you! We all want Trista to go away. Trista - kindly take your exit que for once - you were the first to be voted off several series ever, dont you get it by now that people dont want to see you.

erika February 14, 2008, 1:49 PM

sorry Heather, but you don’t speak for everyone, just yourself. She is famous, like it or not. Not a movie star, model or singer, but still they are both famous in their own right, hence the magazine covers, that is the difference between them and non-famous people. Articles do not tell their life story. No, Ryan is not spineless, nice, respectful and intergrity does not equal spineless.

Heather February 19, 2008, 9:03 AM

Actually Erika- majority does rule - everybody i know shares the same opinion about trista, I live in Vail, and know personally a lot of people that moved out of the area because they dreaded running into her after the show aried and people knew she was coming. So, it seems that I am not just speaking for me. She must be good, I dont know anyone that can make people want to leave an area. And by the way, in case you’ve been living on mars, you do need to do SOMETHING to claim to be famous. All trista has ever done is mooch off people, I think she’s an awful role model. I would rather have my daughters seeing bright young ladies who work hard for a living, not sponging off the public and controlling a man’s every move, watch an interview sometime sweetie-you’ll see that she never lets ryan get a word in edgewise - it’s degrading and sad. She also posed for maxim…if that, in your mind, constitutes an admirable woman worthy of respect-god help you. Ryan I hope you read these comments - you can do a lot better, you gave this person what she wanted…someone to control fully - that didn’t help instill humility…getting the message through to her that she doesn’t control everybody - would have worked better then giving in to everything she wanted and being the yes dear type.

Melissa  March 24, 2008, 3:20 PM

To Erika , I completely agree with everthing you are saying ! I love Ryan and Trista and feel they are a great couple. He is a man that truly loves his wife and that is very apparent. I guess if you do not have that same type of love in your own relationship you wouldnt understand. Hense , all the people that are sending the not-so-friendly comments. Maybe they need to take some notes from Ryan and Trista. I think they are a very nice couple , and wish them all the best in their lives.

Angie March 29, 2008, 7:55 PM

to Heather: I completely agree with you. I have been married for 20 years Melissa - so I dont need our advice on not having love in my love. Trista hasn’t even married for 7 years so save your nonsense. She was in a rush to look good in a bathing suit and not worrying about what was really important which was caring about a new baby. Ryan is not a “lving person” Read any article on him and you’ll understand, he checks everything he’s gonna say out with her first and never gets a word in because she talks too much. It’s annoying, it represents a mockery of marriages - not a great one as you dellude yourself into thinking but thatnks for your pointless comment

Anonymous June 7, 2008, 7:27 AM

She has aged so much…..lol

Stephanie June 17, 2008, 2:28 AM

What is very amusing is that you guys are exchanging harsh words for what??? Why are you waisting your time fighting about your feelings of this complete stranger??? WOW grow up!!! How old are you guys???

no Name June 19, 2008, 1:30 PM

To Heather… You only wish you can be in a Maxim magazine. She wants to be a heathy mom that can play with her baby not fat mom that cant even run after her baby. I am also from Vail and no one moved because of her that is just non sense. Stop being so jealous. Get up and go work out so you can feel a little better about your self and stop hating on the people that are happy when they look in the mirror.

Jenny June 19, 2008, 1:32 PM

has anyone tried the Abdominal Cuts she is taking to help her loose the baby fat. I have read that they are natural and contain no stimulants (i like that i dont do too well with caffeine). I need help around my stomach area…

Angie July 1, 2008, 8:45 AM

Um…No Name - pretty cowardly way to get out of responding to Heather’s comment. I live in Colorado too and know people that moved out because they didn’t want to run into her. So, instead of denying the truth - and coppingout by hiding your identity - try being forthright and realistic - which is that the main priority after you have a child-is not to “get rid of him so you can get laid” as trista said in an interview- it’s supposed to be to take care of the child. And I know Heather and she’s a size 2 even after having children so she’s probably smaller then you so save your worthless advice and get a life yourself….no name.

molly July 22, 2008, 3:45 PM

Please tell trista to go away. She’s not an expert in parenting or an expert in anything for that matter except annoying people and taking up valuable space that should be being saved for real experts and advisors that are more credible then some “former” dancer who does NOTHING now except sponge off people and does everything for money - that huge $1 million she got paid for getting married. This makes for a ***** which is someone who does everything for money, this does not make for a reliable source or a good mother.

gig July 29, 2008, 1:17 PM

well, if you have to move from your home because you might run into someone you don’t like, then you will just find someone else in your new place you won’t like. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read. Fact is she is a good mom and probably a good wife and a good person. Get over your Trista hate. By the way this whole forum is annoyomus! Newflash! She IS famous. Plain and simple.

Jenny July 29, 2008, 2:16 PM

She IS NOT famous. She IS ugly and taking up space from the real celebrities who are good mothers and dont spend their whole time talking about ditching the kid to get laid. She’s a horrible mother, I feel bad for the kid who has to look at her constantly and hear that baby voice she puts on, the same as she did because in her “mature mind” she thought that was the way to get a man to like her, that along with saying things like “no man has ever been able to please me in bed, maybe you can”. Get some help if this is what you think is respectable as a woman. God help you if you think non-stop talking about dumping the kid and caring more about sex is the #1 priority of motherhood.