Moms Unite to Help J. Lo

Moms of multiples have new Mom advice for Jennifer Lopez.

moms_help_jlo.jpg

Bringing home twins ain't for the faint of heart! Just ask Mom of 3-year-old twin boys, Jennifer Levinson, who's currently pregnant again with...wait for it...twins again! "The first year with twins is exhausting, overwhelming and at times, just seems like an endless marathon of changing diapers and midnight feedings," she says.

Although J.Lo can afford to hire all the help she needs, we turned to moms of multiples for help.

Twin mama Jennifer Levinson, Mom•Logic staffer and mother of triplets Dulce, and clinical psychologist and mother of twins, Dr. Pamela Varady have this advice for those expecting multiples:

Be Prepared!Stock up a few months in advance for the birth, as multiples are often born prematurely. Buy diapers, wipes, infant bottles and some small cans of formula, wash clothes and blankets and other clothing ahead of time and have all the baby gear purchased and assembled. You'll be scrambling enough without having to put together a crib last minute.

Create A Schedule. Develop and stick to a schedule for everything. Keep the babies on the same feeding and sleep schedule--it will allow for things to be as easy and less stressful as possible. Write down every time there is a diaper change (even how it looks), any medication given and every feeding including amount taken, time and day. This is incredibly useful to reference back to in case there's a question about one of the babies and you just can't remember who did what and when!

Ask for Help! Having twins is a gift, but the work and stress that comes along with them can sometimes be overwhelming. Sleep deprivation and two newborns is a recipe for disaster! Let friends and family help. Schedule with your partner to be "on baby duty" at different given times

Give Yourself a Break. Realize that you may bond with them as a group before you bond to them one-on-one. Don't beat up on yourself for this.

Share the Love. It gets hard. You're only one person and you're outnumbered--sometimes you've got to put one down and pick the other one up. They demand a lot of attention!

Dulce adds, "You'll get sleep when they hit 2 years old. But all of that hard stuff doesn't matter when you look in their little faces and they both (or all) smile at you at the same time." Levinson agrees, "Twins are wonderful and amazing. Parenting twins is unlike anything you can imagine until you experience it."

next: If He Did It, Would Moms Vote For Him?
Ann Marie Cregan February 22, 2008, 8:39 PM

CONGRATS to Jennifer and Marc. Enjoy every minute of your precious Angels! My twins girls are 12 years old and have been a joy since their birth in Pelham Bay (yes up the road from Jennys block) We now live in Ireland but they will always be my Bronx Babes. Twins have a special bond and are easier because they have each other so get them into a schedule and share them,love them and cherish them. I am sure that you both will be Wonderful parents! God Bless You All.

ANNA LEWIS February 22, 2008, 8:40 PM

JLO IS GOING TO BE A GOOD MOM
WHAT ARE THE BABIES NAMES

maria February 22, 2008, 8:59 PM

congrats hope your babies are okay
love from a boriqua

Patricia Holmes February 22, 2008, 9:10 PM

JLo will make it with all the help she gets. Just don’t spoil them at their young age. 1st time mom make god go with you with your twins. never had twins ,but know people who did. you will need a lot of help and please write everything down that you do with the babies. like this you will remember what you did.

Anonymous February 22, 2008, 9:11 PM

Priscila February 22, 2008, 9:25 PM

OMG CONGRATS TO MRS. JENNIFER LOPEZ! IM SO HAPPY FOR HER AND HER BABIES…I WISH HER THE BEST OF LUCK AND I KNOW THAT SHE IS GOING TO BE A GREAT MOTHER…I MEAN YOU WOULD BE TO IF U HAD A CUOPLE OF MILLION DOLLARS!
J.LO WILL FOREVER AND ALWAYS BE MY IDOL AND HERO! MUCH LOVE TO HER AND HER NEWLY BORNS!

Priscila February 22, 2008, 9:26 PM

Linda February 22, 2008, 9:45 PM

JLo congrats hope the best of luck I’m a mom of twins girls they just turn 23 Have alot of love for both of your children. Bring them up in the ways of the LORD and he will give you and your family strenght, joy , love and peace GOD BLESS THE FAMILY

take it from me February 22, 2008, 10:04 PM

0k well i wish the best of luck and i hope she can stay away from the paparzi(idk how to spell that) for a while and so can the kids when they get older. all the publicity is not good for kids.

Nancy February 22, 2008, 11:51 PM

how do you know she’s even going to come to this website and see what you guys wrote for her?

Belinda February 22, 2008, 11:58 PM

I just want to say to Marc and JLo no wait JLO and Marc after all she did all the work carrying those precious angels much congrats you had your babies on My birthday may their fav numbers be 2 2 2 for both of you Oh and Marc are you ever going back to JHS 99 where you played handball, LOL old neighborhood

Much Love From East Harlem artist~

jeanne February 23, 2008, 12:25 AM

AS A NURSE AND MOTHER OF THREE GROWN CHILDREN..THE GRETATEST THIMG YOU CAN TEACH AS THEY GROW IS TO RESPECT EACH OTHER FOR THEIR DIFFERENCES NOW AND AS THEY GROW,,THEY ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS WITH THEIR OWN LIKES AND DISLIKES..AND ALWAYS BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER WHEN THEY NEED HELP..I’M SURE YOU WILL HAVE MUCH HELP IN CARING FOR THEM..BUT THRY ALWAYS NEED THEIR MOTHER..MY DAUGHTER HAS A GODMOTHER WHO IS SPANISH..THE BOND IS VERY SPECIAL WITH THE LATINO COMMUNITY COD BLESS..YOU WILL ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES..GOD WORKS IN FUNNY WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanne February 23, 2008, 12:26 AM

AS A NURSE AND MOTHER OF THREE GROWN CHILDREN..THE GRETATEST THIMG YOU CAN TEACH AS THEY GROW IS TO RESPECT EACH OTHER FOR THEIR DIFFERENCES NOW AND AS THEY GROW,,THEY ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS WITH THEIR OWN LIKES AND DISLIKES..AND ALWAYS BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER WHEN THEY NEED HELP..I’M SURE YOU WILL HAVE MUCH HELP IN CARING FOR THEM..BUT THRY ALWAYS NEED THEIR MOTHER..MY DAUGHTER HAS A GODMOTHER WHO IS SPANISH..THE BOND IS VERY SPECIAL WITH THE LATINO COMMUNITY GOD BLESS..YOU WILL ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES..GOD WORKS IN FUNNY WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanne February 23, 2008, 12:30 AM

Anonymous February 23, 2008, 12:37 AM

Fantastic! They will have the most amazing bond. I am the mother of 25 year old twins: they are boy and girl fraternal twins as well. I am 46 and just beginning the end of my BS degree; they have graduated from college. My son has a BA in English and my daughter is an RN with a BS degree. I am so proud and they are incredible human beings.

Tatiana February 23, 2008, 12:43 AM

hola mrs.jlo y mark quiero decirles que esto es un regalo de dios todo poderoso; no tengo jemelos pero tengo 3 hijos y es lo mas bonito que me adado la vida es duro aveces pero asi es la vida yo los sigo queriendo y muchos momentos bellos; yo los crie sola soy papa y mama; ya estan majores y todavia me precupo de ellos como el primer dia que estuveron en mis brazos; yo pienso que ustedes van acer gran padres y igual como otra personas cosas pasan; pero que dios siempre me los vendiga les deseo a ustedes y sus agenlitos; salud, contentos, hormonidad y siempre con dios adelante todo va a ir bien ustedes saben como es la vida y son pesonas con sentimientos iqual que todos; van hacer los mejores padres igual que ya el flaco es un gran padre para todos sus hijos, hay carino para todos; este email es de mi nina; yo me yamo wanda pero no tengo email; jlo me requerdo te conosi en Cambridge,MASS en central square eres lo ultimo compates con otros y eres ya una gran mama desde que los awantastes en tus brazos; quiero deciles y preguntales si lean esto si necesitan ayuda por favor necesito trabajo y me gustaria ayudarlos tengo un nene 18 y nena 17; pero vivo sola con mi pequena de 7 anos se yama India Taina;las cosas son duras aveces pero cuado la miro a ella todo se olvidad y sonrio; si van acer interviews para ayuda en la casa o agor por favor contacteme; soy una buena persona y respetuosa que apasado mucho en esta vida pero dios todavia me tiene aqui; antes trabajaba de social worker porque me gusta ayudar mi communidad y la gente; pero ahoro no estoy trabajando;
Dios me los vendiga a toda su familia;
com amor de
sinceramente
wanda lugo

POCAHOX7 February 23, 2008, 2:49 AM

I WANT TO WISH BOTH JENNIFER & MARC MY BEST WISHES ON THEIR TWINS. I’M SURE THEY WILL MAKE GREAT PARENTS! YES THEY ARE RICH AND THE TWINS WILL GET THE BEST, GOOD FOR THEM. BUT, FAMILY VALUES GOES WAY BACK. JENNIFER WAS RAISED WELL & HAS DONE GREAT..WHETHER SHE HAS NANNIES, FAMILY, FRIENDS HELPING HER …SO WHAT…I’M SURE SHE WILL BE THERE ALSO WITH HER TWINS. STOP THE NEGATIVITY! JUST WISH THE FAMILY WELL..MAY GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR LOVELY TWINS. YOU DESERVE YOUR HAPPINESS, YOU WAITED LONG ENOUGH…FROM A FAN WHO LOVES YOU DEARLY…CONGRATULATIONS!
ALWAYS..

mindfully mothering two February 23, 2008, 11:40 AM

oh, i’m sure JLo will survive. and if she actually reads this… girl, don’t feel bad hiring help! take it from people you trust to care for your children and people you love. you will be a better mom for it. you will know when you NEED to be with your babies without help from anyone just as you will know when you need the help. children were meant to be raised in a village of helping hands. not by a lone super mom. take care of yourself and please… stay out of the lime light for a while. as best as you can, anyway.

Laurie February 24, 2008, 10:39 AM

Hi, I am the mother of 12 year old twins (boy and girl). The best thing that ever happened to me. I exposed my children to music from day one. While they learned music they also learned their basics. Today both are wonderful musicians. Get great childrens music at Lakeshore Learning.com I did and it really helped!

sulma  February 24, 2008, 7:28 PM

Hi jennifer and father mark
also congratulations on youre twin baby.Iam also proud my little sister and only sister is having twin (boys).And on April 20,2007 last year we lost our only brother. Know our angel is sending us twin boys we are so proud.I wish i was there with here iam in miami florida and she is massachuttes. God bless on youre twins and family that will be there for you jeniffer love hug and kisses.