Moms Unite to Help J. Lo

Moms of multiples have new Mom advice for Jennifer Lopez.

moms_help_jlo.jpg

Bringing home twins ain't for the faint of heart! Just ask Mom of 3-year-old twin boys, Jennifer Levinson, who's currently pregnant again with...wait for it...twins again! "The first year with twins is exhausting, overwhelming and at times, just seems like an endless marathon of changing diapers and midnight feedings," she says.

Although J.Lo can afford to hire all the help she needs, we turned to moms of multiples for help.

Twin mama Jennifer Levinson, Mom•Logic staffer and mother of triplets Dulce, and clinical psychologist and mother of twins, Dr. Pamela Varady have this advice for those expecting multiples:

Be Prepared!Stock up a few months in advance for the birth, as multiples are often born prematurely. Buy diapers, wipes, infant bottles and some small cans of formula, wash clothes and blankets and other clothing ahead of time and have all the baby gear purchased and assembled. You'll be scrambling enough without having to put together a crib last minute.

Create A Schedule. Develop and stick to a schedule for everything. Keep the babies on the same feeding and sleep schedule--it will allow for things to be as easy and less stressful as possible. Write down every time there is a diaper change (even how it looks), any medication given and every feeding including amount taken, time and day. This is incredibly useful to reference back to in case there's a question about one of the babies and you just can't remember who did what and when!

Ask for Help! Having twins is a gift, but the work and stress that comes along with them can sometimes be overwhelming. Sleep deprivation and two newborns is a recipe for disaster! Let friends and family help. Schedule with your partner to be "on baby duty" at different given times

Give Yourself a Break. Realize that you may bond with them as a group before you bond to them one-on-one. Don't beat up on yourself for this.

Share the Love. It gets hard. You're only one person and you're outnumbered--sometimes you've got to put one down and pick the other one up. They demand a lot of attention!

Dulce adds, "You'll get sleep when they hit 2 years old. But all of that hard stuff doesn't matter when you look in their little faces and they both (or all) smile at you at the same time." Levinson agrees, "Twins are wonderful and amazing. Parenting twins is unlike anything you can imagine until you experience it."

next: If He Did It, Would Moms Vote For Him?
Marie Noguerole February 25, 2008, 12:24 PM

Having happy and healthy babies is a blessing from above…and JLo got a double portion. Congratulations to the new parents and may they raise their children to remember their cultural roots,teach them not to judge a book by its cover(or people either)and to be kind to themselves above everything else.

ML February 25, 2008, 1:41 PM

CONGRATS TO JLO AND MARC

GOD BLESS YOUR TWINS.
FOREVER
X0

ML February 25, 2008, 1:43 PM

CONGRATS TO JLO AND MARC

GOD BLESS YOUR TWINS.
FOREVER
X0

mel March 1, 2008, 4:03 PM

Anyways Congrads to Marc and J Lo. Regardless of what anyone says i hope your children are beautiful and healthy. Show them as much love as you can. with or without help. You two will be great parents. As long as those children know that you love them. Its okay to have help. Good Luck !!

Debra March 29, 2008, 12:29 PM

I would like to say that I am very happy for JLo and her husband. My advise to you is to enjoy your twins and let no one tell you differently. You are truely bless, the both of you.It does not matter that you have money, all that matters is that you are happy. People are going to say good things and bad things, but it only hurt if you listen to them. May God continue to bless your family and enjoy those beautiful babies. God Bless

angelica March 29, 2008, 12:36 PM

es duro pero no imposible yo se que ustedes van a ser los mejores padres para your twings por que an vivido lo malo y lo bueno don’t let no one fool you.amgelica P.R

sunny April 2, 2008, 8:09 AM

Jlo will not need any advise from any people person from he internet, she will have and will continue having all the things that she wants (needs?)lol, I’m a dire fan of her but lets face it she is not like US, she will never be one of us. like she said once a while back in a SNL showing, “Do U know who I am, I am JENNIFER LOPEZ, AND DON’T FORGET IT” yup, she said it, i remember well. but i am a fan,

Ava July 2, 2008, 7:47 PM

first of all congradulations on the birth of your babies. my only advice is do what feels right to you and your husband after all no one but the two of you have to live your lives other than that if you feel overwhelmed dont be afraid to turn to mothers you know and love(your mom) and steal bits and pieces of their parenting style and change it to suit yourself.

Vardenafil November 18, 2008, 5:03 PM

The site very professional! Keep up the good work! Oh yes, one extra comment - maybe you could add more pictures too! So, good luck to your team!

Music_Mp3_MonyAminync February 4, 2009, 8:57 PM

Hello to all :) I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Help me, please

Mp3_Music_PSEUSFAMGEF February 5, 2009, 8:20 AM

knockoff bags September 18, 2010, 4:05 AM

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post

instep Jogger Stroller November 19, 2010, 3:34 PM

Some genuinely interesting details in this article. I am not sure whether you are aware or not but it does look like your footer is actually overlapping to some degree. Must be a problem within the actual program code not quite right. In either case, great blog you have got here and you unquestionably can’t beat wordpress platforms for a Website cms program.

Cheap Computer Monitors December 27, 2010, 4:56 PM

I recently discovered your blog/website and have actually enjoyed reading this and some of the other posts. I thought I would dive out from the shadows and leave my first comment. I’m not certain what to say other than I have enjoyed reading and will continue to visit as typically as I can.

Healthy Aging And Doctor Visits March 17, 2011, 4:19 AM

How can we begin to recognize just what you are saying right here without first completely knowing the ramifications? I go along with the earlier mentioned commentor whom hints we will need to provide it with far more time and let it be.