Do You Suffer from Momnesia?

The Today show explores whether Momnesia is real or just a state of mind.

Finally, scientists are acknowledging what we've been suffering from for years: Momnesia! You know, when you totally space on throwing your kid's science project in the minivan the day it's due, even though you spent umpteen hours helping him on it. Or you walk into your daughter's bedroom to find something, but then suddenly forget what you were looking for in the first place. Could it be that you're suffering from Momnesia? This morning's Today show took a look at this growing phenomenon.

videogonebutton.jpg

Have you ever had bouts with Momnesia?

next: Who's Looking at Your Kids Online?
Paulette March 6, 2008, 10:55 AM

I thought I have been losing it more and more with each birth of my girls. Now I know I am not alone- it is also nice to give this forgetfulness a name.

Tracy March 6, 2008, 11:17 AM

WOW Never knew that there was a name for this type of forgettfulness. By my third child I thought I had literally lost my mind. It’s encouraging to know others experience this.

Tracy March 6, 2008, 11:27 AM

paula March 6, 2008, 12:02 PM

I’m not alone!! (I’m writing this after just spending the last 5 minutes looking for my unfinished coffee) I’m glad there is a name for it because I have been going crazy since having my 2nd child 8 weeks ago.

dulce303 March 6, 2008, 1:35 PM

Just like Kim Deal from The Breeders once said… “Motherhood equals mental freeze!”

stacey tellez March 6, 2008, 8:24 PM

i am with all of you!i have been so forgetful.I seem to overload the diaper bag just so i don’t think i have forgotten anything!It’s crazy.

stacey  March 6, 2008, 8:25 PM

I am with all of you!i have been so forgetful.I seem to overload the diaper bag just so i don’t think i have forgotten anything!It’s crazy.

kendallsmom March 6, 2008, 10:11 PM

I live in the county and i drove all the way in to town and forgot why i drove that far. I blame it on the lack of sleep!!!! And i also overload the diaper bag.

Carol March 8, 2008, 12:06 AM

OMG I have that I have 2 boys and I can’t remember a dang thing LMAO. My hubby gets mad at me al lthe time as does my boss they tell me well write this stuff down so you don’t forget but I even forget to do that :| agggh LOL