Kiddie "Tramp Stamps"???

As if it isn't already difficult enough to keep kids dressing (and looking) like ... well ... kids, Toys R Us has added some fuel to the fire.

In addition to selling gumballs and stickers in their vending machines, the stores now also sell lower-back temporary tattoos, sometimes known as "tramp stamps." Yes, for a mere 50 cents your li'l girl can look like she's all grown up--and then some. Would you let your daughter wear a temporary lower-back tattoo?

tramp_stamp.jpg

next: Denise Cuts Fat Talk in Front of Her Girls
Lynette April 1, 2008, 7:17 PM

I don’t see what’s wrong with a little fun body art…Cracker Jack used to have them! But I wouldn’t put it on my little girl’s bum like the pic, though.

jean April 1, 2008, 7:30 PM

I think temporary tattoos for kids are just as bad an idea as candy cigarettes were when we were growing up. C’mon you guys! Ridiculous!

lisa April 2, 2008, 4:38 PM

I agree with jean-not only is it a bad influence, it numbs kids judgments about what’s appropriate or not.
yuck.

MommaCarla April 3, 2008, 8:56 PM

*lol* I think Jean was being sarcastic there.

craig April 7, 2008, 10:32 AM

RIDICULOUS! It’s not the tramp stamp that is going to make your little girl a tramp….. I’m more afraid of letting my little girl watch cartoons or go to school than I am body art, At least the body art I can tell her she is getting to carried away and wash it off, cartoons sometimes have hidden inuendo’s and sometimes they learn a little more than you want them to at school. I am sure there are a few more things I can blame on bad upbringing but it all comes down to the parents not the temporary tats….

Bob April 7, 2008, 1:28 PM

The fact that 40% of the voters found this crap to be harmless is alarming.What does this portend for our young children now and for future generations in terms of values and morals? Whatever happened to “childhood innocence? That used to be a very beautiful thing.

Anonymous April 7, 2008, 2:02 PM

Given that lots of young Moms have “tramp stamps” plenty of little girls will goof around trying to look like mommy.

Anonymous April 7, 2008, 3:55 PM

What ever happened to let kids be kids or let them be little come on people these temp tats have been around for years now they are just changing to the environment. ITS TEMPORARY it comes off with a little soap and water. Every little girl wants to act older always have and always will it called being a kid.

anonymous April 7, 2008, 3:59 PM

I think the “tramp stamps” not only makes little girls look a lot older than they should but who knows what disgusting pedophile is getting more aroused by them when they look at these little girls… look where they’re putting them on their bodies..

maria April 7, 2008, 4:11 PM

UUGGH!!!!!! WHILE SURFING YOUR SIGHT I went into the love &sex section…..I’m sleeping w/ my sons coach, umpteen articles about threesomes… THATS WAY MORE HARMFUL TO A KID THAN A TEMPORARY TATTOO..at lest they go away in a few days. but the damage caused by the others will last forever…

V April 7, 2008, 4:38 PM

I completely agree with Marie. A loving home makes far more of an impact. Besides, do they do it every day? And we all know the bigger a deal we make out of it the more they’ll want to do it! If it makes you uncomfortable, you can do what I did; get one made for their arm or something, and depending on how old they are, talk to them!

Stacey April 7, 2008, 5:13 PM

Okay I want to speak out as a child, not a mother. I’m 18 years old and my mother never let me put on temporary tattoos or body glitter when I was little, so as I am now older I want more than ever to get a tattoo. Although I want to get one to remember my dad forever, he’s dying from lung cancer, I still want one-maybe just to spite my mother. I don’t know. Just saying some things are worth fighting for and some you should just let be.

LINDA April 7, 2008, 5:18 PM

PLEASE I AM WITH MY HUSBAND OF 28 YEARS.
WE OWN A TATTOO AND BODY PIERCING SHOP.
ITS ALL HOW YOU BRING THEM UP. REMEMBER THEY LEARN WHAT THEY SEE, AND THATS THE PARENTS. AND NO TO PUTTING THEM ON THERE LOWER BACKS I DONT THINK THATS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR A CHILD, YOU SHOULD WATCH WERE YOU PUT THEM ON THERE BODY, BUT THAT IS A CHOICE THE MOTHER MAKES. OUR KIDS BEING TENNAGERS DO NOT WANT TATTOOS OR PIERCINGS EXCEPT THERE EARS, NOW OUR KIDS GREW UP IN THE BUSINESS,
GO FIGURE. AGAIN IT IS HOW YOU BRING THEM UP.

Steve April 7, 2008, 5:27 PM

My 11 year old daughter came home with a”tramp stamp” last week. As the name implies, tramps are who they are designed for. Why don’t they just put “rear entry” because that is all they are meant to be, art for the guy in back.

Angela April 7, 2008, 5:32 PM

What is so wrong with tattoos anyway? I don’t condone tattooing children but so what if they wear temporary ones? A little girl has no idea what a “tramp stamp” is anyway. And any adult that would look at a child that way has a whole different set of problems. Problems that a temporary tattoo alone wouldn’t cause. By the way, I think it is time for society to stop vilifying people who are tattooed. A tattoo isn’t an indication of low morals or perversion. It is an art form.

Rochelle April 7, 2008, 5:43 PM

i dont think kids should be wearing those “tramp tats”…they are meant for grown up to wear them and it is suppose to be entertainment for men to look at while interacting in sexual matter…

Mary April 7, 2008, 6:17 PM

Wow people. a 7 yr old girl doesn’t know what a tramp stamp is. If everyone stopped complaining about a name of a tattoo then people who have something o say religious tattood on their lower back are u going to consider that trashy and trampy. Because of adults who are so close minded with one sided judgment who only think they are right then thats why people are sterotyped. Honestly teenagers don’t even consider tramp stamps to be because a sex and for guys to look at while they are doing you from behind. Honestly people lighten up and get a grip. If you don’t want your daughter to get a tattoo on her lower back be realistic and tell her if she gets a tattoo there then she wont be able to get an epidorle (spelling) when she is pregnant and in labor. A girl who is about to get a tattoo on her lower back is then going to find a new place, and it wont be because “mom and dad said so”. Kids rebel against their parents.

Kirsten April 7, 2008, 6:27 PM

With everything that our children are facing these days, with the way the world is, Im ashamed of most Americans!! You are seriously “disturbed” by temp tats that wash off? Dont you have better things to be worried about? Like maybe teaching your children not to hate someone because they are different? Or raising them to appreciate the things they earn and not to expect everything handed to them? What about education? Get a grip folks!!

Jesica April 7, 2008, 6:42 PM

ok so as a 14 year old i have 2 say something here…..this is stupid its a temp. so wats the fuse? and as i most point out if you dont let your kid have one EVER and they just wanted a temp then chances are good when they get older they will want a real one!

it was never aproved here and i want one more than ever! partly 4 me and partly 2 spite ppl! and i am NOT a Tramp im a straight A student

mallory April 7, 2008, 7:16 PM

OMG a temporary tattoo is not gonna influence a child to be immoral…get real. It’s people who think like that give kids the wrong ideas about whats ok and what isn’t. It’s harmless as long as the tattoo itself is appropriate but having them in general shouldn’t be a problem.