Moms Are Talking About...

seanpennrobinwright.jpg
Sean Penn calls off divorce: After separating in December, Sean Penn and his wife, Robin Wright, stopped divorce proceedings and had their case dismissed. The couple have two children and were seen out together at a concert earlier this week.

Girls charged as adults in videotaped beating: The seven teen girls who posted a tape of themselves beating a 16-year-old girl will be tried as adults. The Florida girls face battery and kidnapping charges and up to life
in prison.

Families of Virginia Tech victims agree to settlement: Almost a year after the Virginia Tech suicide massacre, the families of the 32 victims killed have reached a financial settlement with the state, estimated at $11 million.

Military Mom brutally raped in Iraq: Dawn Leamon, a mother of two sons on active duty in the U.S. military, testified this week on Capitol Hill about how she was drugged and brutally raped by two men in Iraq while she was working for the U.S. contractor Kellogg Brown Root (KBR), a subsidiary of Haliburton.

Police had informant in polygamist compound: Texas authorities revealed today that they had an informant for the past four years who lived inside the polygamist cult. Police would not say why they waited so long to take action, only that the informant gave them good information.

More Info: Sean Penn, Video Assault, Virginia Tech, Military Mom, Polygamist Informant

next: Torn Fishnets for 6-Year-Olds?
Joselyn April 10, 2008, 7:31 PM

Those girls were tried as adults…GOOD. They face life in prison. EXCELLENT. That girl will never hear, see or live her life the same ever again…why should those horrible girls get to? I don’t care what the “teen brain” factor is here—they made a conscious decision to lure, humiliate and beat a person for their personal pleasure. Sounds like an adult decision to me fit for an adult punishment!

Leonie April 10, 2008, 7:48 PM

They threw their lives away over a MYSPACE comment!?!

They wanted to be “famous…” well, look at them now! Be careful what you wish for…

Daniela April 10, 2008, 8:03 PM

Have you seen their faces?? OMG…they’re gonna get pummelled in prison which serves them right! I think it’s very karmic that such horrible teens who maliciously beat a person are now possibly gonna spend their lives in prison where THEY will get beaten down physically, emotionally and psychologically.

Karma. A beautiful thing.

Amy April 10, 2008, 9:41 PM

I am so glad those girls are being charged as adults! Psychos!

marie April 11, 2008, 6:46 AM

I think they need to get whatever it takes to punish them for what they did to that girl…. More serious punishment like that needs to go into affect and also in schools… That is what is wrong with kids today, they know they can get away with ruling parents, teachers and etc. It’s ok for the system to turn drug and sex offenders out time after time but you can’t correct your kids…..But then again
some parents don’t care… just so they are out of their hair!!!!

V April 11, 2008, 6:18 PM

Real tough girls huh? What was it 6 on 1? The ladies in prison are going to have a field day with these girls. What goes around comes around. I cant wait.. My heart goes out to Victoria and her family.

M.J. April 13, 2008, 8:16 PM

This is absolutely DISGUSTING. Those girls deserve serious punishment for what they did to Victoria. She was completely innocent, and she didn’t even fight back! I respect her and am so sorry for what the others did, I hope that she recovers both physically and psychologically. Those girls are ANIMALS, and will pay for what they did.

Sam April 14, 2008, 8:38 PM

How could you do that to someone? How could you sit there and watch someone get tortured to death? I am glad that the girls got charged as adults. That was really immature and I hope that they learn their lessons. Best wishes to Victoria and family

Chrissy April 15, 2008, 6:48 PM

This morning I saw that Dr. Phil actually bailed one girls out to put her on his show! When it went public, they cancelled the show! Does she go back to Jail!? NO! She is under house arrest! Are you kidding me! House Arrest is not the same as jail! Paris Hilton was under house arrest and she had donuts delivered to her house. What is this world coming too! These girls gets to visit with family, play games, and as far as their house, FREE! Is this what we are teaching our kids that it is ok to be bad when your a kid! That nobody will hurt you untill the age of 18! You can do anything and get away with it. What about the victom? Is this our Justice System! A Rabid Pack of Cheerleading Teens gets Bail because of a TV SHOW! Come On! She is lucky to be alive. There was an Angel looking after her!

Chrissy April 17, 2008, 12:04 AM

Ok I even have to admit that what they did is wrong and they are a bunch of punks!, But they are babies! I know that they should spend some kind of prison time, but to send them away for the rest of their Lifes? These are kids! Everyone makes mistakes and I am by far not making excuses for them but life in prison? Come on? I was so hurt and I cried for Victoria and I think they should pay for what they did, but they are children! Make them serve 10 years! Anything, but life in prison? I question the punishment? 6 months behind bars will do a number on you. Life in Prison?

Niya April 17, 2008, 8:41 AM

The way i see this case is those girls were some very immature girls and were obvisouly not happy with themselves to want to beat another girl…i understnad that she did post horrible things about them but im sure they have been called worse so they just should have sucked it up and moved on with life…The fact that they do not show remorse makes me so sick! How could you do that then when you appear in court you laugh about it? that shows that they are nothing but animals that have no morals and values for themselves. If i were the parents i would defintely not make excuses for what they have done, anyway you twist it they were WRONG! my heart goes out to victoria and her family..God Bless!!

Christy H. April 24, 2008, 9:13 PM

These girls deserve to be tried as adults and need to spend the rest of their lives in prison! Imagine it as if it were your child who was being beat on, wouldn’t you want to see justice brought down in a stiff mannor? I sure would … These girls didn’t act for any reason other than for their own pleasure … it is sicking to me. I cannot stand bullies …. I hope they never see day light again!!

Undetaker May 30, 2008, 2:11 PM

The fact that they showed no remorse at the time and haven’t since will be the thing that works against them the most.Let them do some hard time then they can see how tough they really are.

Ms. Thang  July 10, 2008, 12:49 PM

I Just think that the parents should not try to justify what their child did. Because if the shoe was on the other foot they would want justice for their child. That girl ws beating almost to death and all one parent could say that it was a one on one beating. He needs to watch the tape again, and stop being in denial. Ijust pray that Victoria will fully recover. And the ones who did this to her should get back plus 10 what they did to her. Victoria and Family you are in everyone prayers. God Bless.

Shuppy November 13, 2008, 10:16 AM

All involved in this beating is being tried as adults, they want to play grown up let them suffer the consequences of commiting a crime as a grown up. They are not kids, children but adults. They schemed and planned to lure her to beat hear which is a grown up crime of assualt, False imprisonment for not allowing her to leave, and kidnapping by FORCING her into a car and threatning her life if she talked. All Adult Crimes. They should spend their lives in prison as an adult would do, they will get plenty of time to think about what they did. The parents would not get off either I would sue them for everything they had for their indifference of the well she did it to herself mentality and they are legaly responsible for the actions of their children until they are 18.

Kenneth January 25, 2009, 2:33 PM

Hey, maybe they’ll post the videos of those girls being raped and beating to death in prison!! I’d buy that for dollar =O)

Leona February 1, 2009, 3:50 AM

stupid girls. deserve to be humiliated and get the crap kicked out of them for that

mockingjay March 15, 2011, 1:55 PM

Just keep making good stuff. %WEBSITE%