My Man's Better Than Yours

Mom•Logic's Jackie: How my husband got himself a get-out-of-nag-free card this week.

Like most wives, I have to stay on top of my husband sometimes to get things done--get the car washed, don't forget to pick up milk, what about the mess in the garage--the list can feel endless, and I sound like a broken record.

But when he wrote and recorded a song for our daughter--who we're waiting to adopt from Taiwan--and then edited a family video to the music... he made it easy to remember why I chose to spend the rest of my life with him.

So this week, honey, I've got the trash.

Don't you think he deserves that?

bethe April 1, 2008, 3:03 PM

so touching! even my husband cried watching this.

katie April 1, 2008, 4:31 PM

what a beautiful baby! I hope she can come home to you soon!

cyndi April 7, 2008, 6:56 PM

bless you! I hope she comes home soon.

Danielle April 7, 2008, 10:55 PM

Bravo!!!! Bravo!!!!….Now that’s what ‘love’ is….god bless

Jen April 10, 2008, 11:47 AM

Wow!!! What a lucky girl Lucy is ( :

Tina Albert October 11, 2008, 3:59 PM

Dear Lucy’s family- I just found MomLogic and was very moved by Lucy’s video and adoption story. In 1992, my husband and I adopted a 15 mth. old boy from Jamaica. We have 2 biological children and I took my then 10 year old daughter with me to get our son. When we got home, we had a huge party and everyone we know came to welcome him. After 15 months of waiting, it was finally over and he was home. Only families like yours know what that was like. Now, Johnoy is 16 and a football and basketball star. Today, in the mail, we received our first picture of his biological father. We have had contact with his mom and siblings, but never knew what dad looked like. Seeing your story, brought all the emotions of adoption back to me. What a journey it is. Now I get to see my son look at his biological father for the first time. There are so many touching first moments like this. God bless you for waiting for Lucy. She’s gorgeous.

Sarah k October 24, 2008, 12:53 AM

I cry when I hear this song!!! Dang it!
Ok.. I may have to ask for use rights for our video of Jo.. just letting you know now..lol…

Sarah k

Rebecca. April 3, 2009, 8:26 AM

You’re right. He is better. I’d want to marry him too….