Do Your Kids Eat Minced Chicken Skin?

Celeb Chef and mom, Susannah Locketti, finally says no to fast food!

Chicken nuggets and fries are the classic mommy-on-the-go meal and with good reason. They're cheap, and silence your hungry nagging kids in a millisecond. Chicken nuggets are on every fast food and family restaurant menu because nobody wants to sit next to the child whining about having to eat sautéed chicken with fresh herbs and a baked potato instead of fries. You know the song: "But I waaaant chicken nuuuuggeeeets!"

For years, my kids were nuggaddicts! It was until I decided to google chicken nuggets and found out they're made with minced chicken skins. When's the last time you yelled "Kids..dinner...hurry up we're having minced chicken skins!" Luckily, my homemade recipe for chicken nuggets doesn't have an ounce of chicken skin, anti-foaming agents or reconstituted meat slurry.

Click here to download the recipe.

next: A Daughter's Darkest Secret Revealed
Butterfly19 April 25, 2008, 8:25 PM

Happy to see some alternatives
to America’s Fast Food Health
Crisis.

Kids deserve better. This recipe and the nuggets look great!

Thx!

Clare Stella April 25, 2008, 9:55 PM

I have followed Susannah’s career for a long time and it is just wonderful to see her giving moms hints about how to feed the kids in healthy ways. I hope you will have her do more videos; she is great!

Anne Boeckh April 26, 2008, 6:58 AM

This recipe is easy and I love that she includes the kids in the kitchen! Always a plus to get them interested in cooking and helping. I can’t wait to try this recipe with my own little ones. I look forward to more from this Mom-chef!

Patti DeLoid April 28, 2008, 11:13 AM

These look so easy and I have all the ingredients on hand —- I will try this receipe out this week with my 5 kids.

Karen Macri April 28, 2008, 11:23 AM

We will be having these tonight! My kids watched the video and can’t wait to shake, shake, shake.

Hey Susannah, do you have a healthy alternative to french fries?

Erin Brenton April 29, 2008, 6:11 PM

We are big fans of Susannah’s. My 5 year old daughter asked me when we can have that chicken for dinner. Can’t wait to make them. All three of my kids will love it.

Thanks Susannah!!

Danielle May 9, 2008, 2:15 PM

My kids are huge fans of chicken nuggets and these do not disappoint. Easy to make. Super tasty! They loved helping out!!