Toddler Forced to Smoke Pot

A horrific video surfaces of a toddler being given marijuana against her will. Warning: This video is disturbing.

videogonebutton.jpg

The images of this 18-month-old girl being forced to smoke marijuana by 18-year-old Melvin Blevins and his 16-year-old girlfriend have Moms everywhere enraged. In the footage, Blevins holds a pot pipe up to the squirming child's face, and the toddler can be seen choking on the smoke. The couple has been arrested for child endangerment and Blevins has been arrested on drug dealing charges.

This terrible scenario got us thinking (scared, really) about how safe our kids are when they're in the hands of others. And just what is the physical effect of this kind of experience on the child?

Pediatrician and Mom of two Dr. Alisa Hoffman says little research has been done about the effects of direct exposure to marijuana on small children.  "Of course it is dangerous, but what kind of long-term damage is
unclear," says Dr. Hoffman, who is the Associate Director of the Center for Special Health Care Needs at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia.

"There is literature out there regarding chronic marijuana use so we would have to assume that information would extend to young children if exposed in this way. Certainly if they had underlying respiratory illnesses, like asthma, it could be very dangerous."

How much do you really know about who takes care of your kids?

next: Have a Hot Date at Home
Anonymous April 18, 2008, 2:39 PM

This is sickening! I can’t believe they had the audacity to TAPE that…and ques: it’s not clear—are these the girl’s parents or babysitters?

Pissed Off Dad April 18, 2008, 3:13 PM

If that was my daughter, those kids would be dead! She doesn’t have to be my kid to feel enraged by this video. Who picks on a little toddler?

I would beat the living sh*t outta them and willingly go to jail because it would be worth it.

Scumbags!

BusyDad April 18, 2008, 3:15 PM

Prison would be too light a sentence for these monsters, in my humble opinion.

Sonya April 18, 2008, 6:13 PM

who would leave their kid with these drug addicts???

jjdavis04 April 19, 2008, 11:46 AM

this is horrible. i am in tears for this poor child. how can people like this be let near children?

Tuni & G April 19, 2008, 1:07 PM

I just can’t keep watching, this is horrible! what type of monster would videotape this…what is wrong with these people!

Tanya April 19, 2008, 1:10 PM

Oh My God! what is wrong with these kids. This is beyond crazy, I feel horrible for the parents of the poor child.

LadyRedRose April 21, 2008, 9:10 PM

Horrible Horrible..I have made this aware on a few of my Groups I am in to spread the word of A World That’s Gone Wrong! These 2 Moronic Idiots will not get what they deserve..The Female will get to stay in Juvinille (unless someone let’s her be tried as an adult) The Male, Whew once he gets to Prison and gets released into the General Public..Look out because he’s in deep, He’ll get what he deserves in his own way.
*PROTECT ALL CHILDREN*

kmstevens09 April 28, 2008, 12:40 PM

OMG! This is outragous.
Dont parents check the backgrounds on babysitters now a days? or do they just leave there kids with who ever they want so they can get out? Un-beleivable. These kids need more than just jail time. I agree!!!

jackie April 28, 2008, 2:36 PM

I didnt get to see the video because it is no longer available. I can not understand why anyone would subject anyone, especially a baby, to anything so horribly stupid. Animals have better protection than children and that is upsetting in itself. A prime example of why birth control is needed in teenagers and why some people do not deserve children.

Jennifer May 27, 2008, 5:26 PM

You people don’t care about anyone. If you would spend more time being “christ like”, maybe you could see more.
Yes it was wrong of the CHILDREN to give t toddler drugs, but this is an oppertunity to help them. Why lash out at them. God forgives all sins when confessed to him. People have NO RIGHT to judge. You are not any better than anyone.
It should be against the law for you to write things that you have. If they were to get on here and say they were going to hurt someone they would be arressted. Thoses are direct threating comments ment for one person. Who are you to say things like this? I will pray for you as well.
Blevins is very sorry for his actions. If you all took the time to see maybe you could understand. Not everyone has a GREAT life. You should pray for those who have to learn this way not lash out at them. I am a very proud sister of melvin Blevins. I am proud of him because he has learned his wrong, and he feels great pain and guilt for his actions. He is just a child. It dosnt matter if you forgive him or not. His God does and you are no better than him if you lash out! I will pray for you all.
God Bless

Jennifer May 27, 2008, 5:28 PM

God Bless

General February 21, 2009, 3:03 AM

dude..
i smoke pot..
but even then i say thats f***** up..
why would you do yhat to a child?
your a discrace to potheads every were.

john September 2, 2009, 1:46 PM

im gunna give all of you guys a little tip here. Whenever you try to prove your point to someone else, try to avoid using insults or being rude at all costs. Calling someone ignorant or stupid because of something they did is pointless, and further adds to the confusuion. When u call someone ignorant for thinking differently than u u are essentially saying that u are a better prson than them, we all make mistakes and the most important thing is to forgive, and love UNCONDITIONALLY. Whenever you get into a dispute about certain beliefs with someone, respect them and they will be more inclined to listen. Using hate to prove your point only spreads around the hate. Spread the love, live to love and u will love to live- garenteed, sry for going on a tangent on a pot forum, but i know u’ll all forgive me cuz i luv you=)