27 Slutty Prom Dresses

Recently, one prom dress got a teen arrested...we might've found 27 more.

When we brought you the story of the Texas girl who was arrested because of the dress she wore to her prom, we wondered: What other tasteless attire is being marketed to our teens? Turns out there's a lot. So, in honor of the hit chick flick movie 27 Dresses, we found you 27 dresses that may not be bad enough to land your kid in handcuffs but could ground them for life.

27_prom_dress270_btn.jpg

Click here to see our "Slutty Prom Dresses" gallery.

Below, find advice on what to do if your teen insists on going to prom dressed like a teen tart and how to put some class back into prom.

Carrie May 23, 2008, 11:04 AM

Now really, where are the parents when these dresses are being bought? If a daughter is allowed to wear the dress, the parents as much to blame, if not more. Step up parents - act like parents! It is not our job as parents to be our child’s best friend - it is our job to set boundaries so that someday they can make good choices on their own.

Carrie May 23, 2008, 11:06 AM

Now really, where are the parents when these dresses are being bought? If a daughter is allowed to wear the dress, the parents are as much to blame, if not more. Step up parents and act like parents! It is not our job to be our child’s best friend - it is our job to set boundaries so that someday they can make good choices on their own.

jlw May 23, 2008, 11:19 AM

Are some of these actually advertised as prom dresses? There’s a big difference between cutting edge and over the edge. I’m thinking prom’s a biiiiit too early to have 2 sided tape keeping ones clothes on.

Carolyn May 23, 2008, 11:33 AM

Girls who choose these types of dresses are really showing how ignorant and unsophisticated they are. What classy girl (woman) wants the whole world to see her ASSets?

Sue May 23, 2008, 11:36 AM

It’s up to parents to try and teach their kids what is apppropriate to wear. There is a time and a place for certain clothes and you take into consideration age, be it young or old when chosing an outfit. You also take into account what looks best on your body type and what the occasion is. I have always told my daughter it is always better to be understated at work and church. My daughter would get heck for wearing an outfit like this and she is 27, it just screams “I haven’t got a clue.” She may not listen but I would still feel compelled to tell her it’s TACKY! She would probably be compelled to tell me to butt out, but she is 27.

LINDA May 23, 2008, 11:50 AM

OH.HOE.NO

LINDA May 23, 2008, 11:52 AM

OH.HO.NO…..

LINDA May 23, 2008, 11:56 AM

0H H0 N0

Joanne May 23, 2008, 12:03 PM

The dress was not what got that teen arrested! She was arrested because when they told her she couldn’t go to prom in the dress, and she needed to cover up or leave, she protested and refused.

terrie May 23, 2008, 12:06 PM

i wentto a senior prom also and let me tell u i as the other girls looked liked ladies and not dime store sluts. any parent that would allow their daughters to wear slutty gowns aught to have their heads examined.

terrie May 23, 2008, 12:07 PM

SIAMESEIAM May 23, 2008, 12:18 PM

Kids don’t buy their own Prom Dresses. What were her parents thinking while paying for it???

christian May 23, 2008, 12:37 PM

shes hot

Bebee's Human May 23, 2008, 12:49 PM

The girl was asked to leave before entering dance because she had NO panties (underwear) on! When she refused to leave cops were called in.

She was not refused entry because of the dress!

ALL schools seem to have a panties “check” for the girls nowadays.

BRINLEY May 23, 2008, 12:55 PM

Well, I guess I am a fortunate mom who has sent 6 daughters to Proms amd Semi-formals

My girls always wanted me to be a part of their dress selections, AND if I can brag a little, they all looked like royalty princesses!!

My youngest just went to her senior Prom wearing a JOVANI gown, and honestly, she looked like she should have beem “walking the RED CARPET”!!

In fact….she looked classier than some of the celebs that do walk the red carpet!!

WISH YOU COULD SEE THE PICS!!

BRINLEY May 23, 2008, 12:57 PM

WISH YOU COULD SEE THE PICS!!

Brin May 23, 2008, 1:10 PM

Well, I guess I am a fortunate mom

I have sent 6 beautiful daughters to Proms and Semi-formals and they all wanted me to be a part of their dress selections

My youngest just went to her senior prom wearing a JOVANI gown and, honestly, she looked like she should have been “walking the RED CARPET”

(in fact….she looked classier than some of the celebs that do walk the carpet)!!

All my girls looked like royalty princesses!!

I wish you could see the pics!!

cory May 23, 2008, 1:30 PM

does it come with a lamp post?

Anonymous May 23, 2008, 1:38 PM

Don’t you know? This is the hooker generation. The guys know what this is all about. Too bad the girls don’t have a clue anymore!

Suz May 23, 2008, 1:45 PM