30 Days Without Sex?

Sex therapist says a bonking break will actually help your relationship.

thirty_days_without270.jpg

Sex therapist Ian Kerner, that hunky doctor who appears on the Today show a few times a month, has come out with a new book that many moms (especiallly of young kids) will consider a godsend: Sex Detox. In it, he claims that going without sex for 30 days will enhance the experience on Day 31 and beyond. "Just following doctor's orders, honey!"

Dr. Kerner tells momlogic: "Many moms (especially fairly recent ones) are often dealing with big adjustments to their libidos and love lives and have a lot of anxiety in the area -- the detox is a chance for mom to rejuvenate and renew and start to put much of the focus that they've been putting into their children into their relationships."

Momlogic is putting two moms on opposite "sex diets" -- one on a 30-day detox, and one on the 30-Day sex challenge for moms (where you do it once a day for 30 days). Stay tuned for the revealing results!

next: 27 Slutty Prom Dresses
Holly May 21, 2008, 8:46 PM

I’m interested to see what the results are. There were times in when my daughter was a baby that the Sex Detox would have been wonderful. Really, with swollen and leaky breasts, no sleep, and the baby blues, who wants to even think about sex?

Donna May 22, 2008, 8:04 AM

My husband had an affair eight years ago. For a while there we had sex occasionally but now for the past 6 years he will not touch me. He will not even hold hands. He is va very selfish man and is very high maintance. He had a heart attack for years ago and is on medicaiotns but he even refuses to meet my needs. I have attempted to talk, yell and beg with no success. I feel at 57 I don’t have many arosal years left. I am a very patient man but this is nuts

reneejohnson June 3, 2008, 4:52 AM

if i wasnt married i could go thirty days without sex, i probably would be miserable as hell but i could do it. but knowing that i am married and my husband is here in the house why should i go so long without.if he didnt want sex for thirty days i would definetly think something has gone wrong in our relationship, because i know my husband loves to make love.

Ohio June 12, 2008, 1:01 AM

Ok, is this for real? How can I become a participant? :)

Alexis June 28, 2008, 1:34 PM

nice dress….IN THE STRIP CLUB

Anonymous August 12, 2008, 4:56 PM

I cant imagine my husband going without sex for thirty days. He would be unhappy, so as me. However, if there a medical reason then thats understadable.

Anonymous August 15, 2008, 10:24 AM

It diferent but it could work.

ADEBAYO August 18, 2008, 9:12 AM

LOVE IS LIKE A BRIDGE WHICH

Sheila September 17, 2008, 5:26 PM

Haha we have probably gone longer than that!!

NNEKA September 30, 2008, 8:30 AM

MY HUSBAND WORKS OUTSIDE THE CITY WHERE I LIVES,AS SUCH WE SEE ONLY THREE DAY IN A MONTH. SOMETIMES I FEEL HIM, BUT DUE TO HIS UNCLEAR HABIT, I DO NOT REALLY MISS HIS LOVE MAKING. I HAVE OFTEN TOLD HIM TO KEEP HIMSELF CLEAN, BUT HE IS HARD IN NATURE THAT DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO ANYBODY EXCEPT HIMSELF. PLS WHAT DO I DO

Andre November 19, 2008, 3:26 AM

Sex, marriage, and relationships are like fingerprints. Every single one is different. I can agree that no sex for 30 days is like WOW on the 31st day and yet if it is that good you want it often. where is the balance? Most recent we went three months with out relations and when we did get together. Well I don’t think I need to say anymore but unless she lied to me ummm. again I shall say no more but even she says she wants almost everynight, criticize me if you want but unless she is lying to me her quote, unquote words almost every night.