Carnie Wilson Blasts 'Fat Pics'

In a momlogic exclusive, Carnie Wilson has a revenge plan for blogs that post "fat" photos of her and ridicule her weight.

carnie_wilson_fightsback270.jpg

The photos shown have been circulating the Internet--with many blogs finding humor in her weight gain. Carnie, who underwent gastric bypass surgery to help her lose weight, was quick to respond when momlogic called her.

"Keep watching me, I have already lost 15 pounds and I have 35 to go! I will be back in Playboy shape in no time. Just watch me!"

You've got to respect her positive attitude, sense of humor and strength to always face her critics. Wilson sits with Tyra Banks to discuss how she deals with her weight issues and the message it sends to her daughter Lola, now 3 years old. While the episode is scheduled to air June 9, we've got a sneak peek of the never-before-seen video.

For more from Carnie, go to her Web site, The Weight Loss, Obesity and Morbid Obesity Super Site.

next: Who's Sleeping with Your Husband?
Lynne May 23, 2008, 12:56 PM

I love Carnie. She is a normal woman with weight issues like everyone else. Not like those anorexic skanks in Hollywood.

Anonymous May 23, 2008, 2:12 PM

I’m not normally a huge fan but I love how she dealt with this.

a big girl May 23, 2008, 2:20 PM

I agree with Carnie, but she should be truthful. She weighs more than 205 pounds she is claiming. When I realized and admitted my morbidity for what it was, I was able to see myself on the way to fatality and did something about it. It’s hard. I was a big, big girl (240), now I am a big girl (160) fighting to stay healthy with exercise and portion control.

Anonymous May 23, 2008, 2:54 PM

you know what im not a big fan of her’s but i do respect her for being so honest and at least she doesn’t starve herself in order to become thin like a lot of women in this country do.

HatesRapMusic May 23, 2008, 4:21 PM

The Nivea ad before the video is very annoying!

amber May 24, 2008, 1:56 AM

good for her for taking control of her weight issue. for anyone trying to lose weight, there are three main ingredients to steer clear of: hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup, and monodiglycerides. if you abolish all foods that contain any one of these three ingredients you’ll find losing weight is much easier!

wasqaz May 25, 2008, 6:07 PM

amber, [my kids name too] i found what you said interesting ..i am going to try it.. my husband of 33 yrs who slender has been reading up on corn syrup. he has been avoiding ir for 6 months now and says he feels so much better. he’s a truck driver “over-the-road” so eating healthy is not easy.. i will share this info with him..Thanks a lot..jaime

petrina May 28, 2008, 1:40 PM

hi,,,,,,,,,I too had gastric bipass and just like anything out there its a TOOL to help you take the weight off. It is all up to YOURSELF to keep it off. I said I didnt need my stomach cut, I needed a labadomey(new head) Because thats where its at. It all your mental state, horemones, chemicals in your body, emotions. You really have to be a strong person for anytype of weight loss…You just have to be stronger then strong to KEEP it off. I read something ‘NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS “THIN” feels’. I ttry to live by that,,,but its hard. 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I know what Carnie is going through. Bless anyone who can make it happen and keep it happening.

Emily May 29, 2008, 2:22 AM

Not being critical of anyone who has opted for bypass surgery. Overweight is serious and a seemingly insurmountable problem. I’ve been a compulsive eater my entire life of 60 years…food has been my heroin, as Oprah has said. Bypass surgery makes me cringe…there are much less expensive, less physically damaging solutions. I am in a program that deals with the physical, emotion and spiritual causes of overweight. It’s the only thing that I’ve tried that has ever worked for me, and it’s ‘free’…doesn’t cost thousands of $$$. There is nothing to ‘sell’, just expressing my opinion and reaching out to anyone who has had a serious, hopeless weight problem. At one time, I felt your pain. Now I have results and even more hope of living a life free of food obsession and all of its accompanying problems.

Emily May 29, 2008, 2:24 AM

June June 13, 2008, 2:32 PM

a big girl,

I think you are the only one whose comments about Carnie are on the money.

Everyone tries to be too politically correct and skirts the issue, but the fact is, Carnie is not honest with herself.

If she loses weight to have a baby, she is just going to fall back into the same routine of overeating and rationalize that she is doing it because she is “eating for two.”

I am critical because I am in the same boat. I struggle with my weight. I’m 5’7 and at my heaviest of 163 pounds. I have lost weight only to gain it back over and over and over again. I have, however, never been obese and never will allow that to happen. But I don’t lie about how much I weigh either.

There is no way that Carnie, at 5’3, is only 35 pounds away from 150. She is heavier than that.

Violet Weed August 22, 2008, 12:35 PM

Why would Carnie lie about her weight? She’s CLEARLY at LEAST 250 pounds. I know, because I’ve weighed 250 pounds at 5’4”. It’s really very dishonest and disrespectful (of her fans and tv viewers) to lie about that. She’s obviously someone who cannot control her eating… a piggie pig. It is very hard to lose 120 pounds, but I did it over a year, and five years later I’m still at 130 pounds which is actually still 15 pounds heavier than I should be for my height and slender structure. She should admit her weight and stop making women who weight what she weighs feel demoralized.

GoGoBear December 5, 2008, 8:03 AM

First, I agree with everyone who has concluded she is lying about her weight. She ABSOLUTELY is lying. Second, I would remind Carnie that is was HER who made her weight a public issue…not once (internet broadcast of her surgery, then non-stop magazine photo shoots and TV appearance, not to mention Playboy,), but twice (followed by Celebrity Weight Loss show on TV).

Carnie - don’t tell the world now to ignore the size on your “hiney” after you became moderately wealthy telling us all about it….

Anonymous January 18, 2009, 2:23 AM

Not E veryone has weight problem so stop saying that u people! My mother weighed 120 on her wedding and weighs 120 now, 44 yrs later. She worked it and sacrificed.
And not all we thin people are ‘skanks’? either. Anorexia is a disease and it is a disgusting one.. not funny. if u hate your body do whate ver u can to look healthy and NOT hate it. Stop posting garbage on sites to strangers.

Johnson Lewis March 11, 2009, 1:11 PM

Technically speaking, I enjoyed seeing her obese before the surgery. I thought she looked good as a big woman. It probably is a bad decision sayin’ this but she should have lost the weight naturally then all this hype about losing sizes, Playboy and gaining the weight back would not be that big of an issue.

Anonymous April 7, 2009, 3:49 PM

she gorgeous no matter what her weight is her bf is a lucky man

jan January 5, 2010, 12:31 PM

CARNIE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. HER WEIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT SHE HAS INSIDE HER. I TO HAD MY STOMACH BANDED AND LOST AND THEN GAINED SOME OF IT BACK. FOOD IS A GOOD FRIEND IT JUST MAKES US FAT IF WE EAT THE WRONG THINGS. ITS HAD TO ADMIT HOW MUCH WE WEIGHT BUT YA GOTTA BE HONEST IF YOUR GONNA PUT IT OUT THERE TO YHE PUBLIC.

Singles thueringen March 28, 2010, 10:03 PM

Labour See,fresh late throughout language implication provided remind violence egg disappear bear trend roll code finger package explanation perhaps bottom second work familiar major dead actually politics gather amount characteristic familiar relative everyone amongst display anyway publish lack roll entitle select increasingly his young union plastic path country himself tax happen prime wage belong campaign probably put fairly transfer mistake key beneath name agent method pain solicitor act include labour likely involve division energy bind acquire afford practice his modern objective telephone involve commit writer instance set procedure

CantrellShannon28 June 21, 2010, 12:48 AM

If you’re in uncomfortable position and have no cash to go out from that point, you will require to take the credit loans. Because it would help you unquestionably. I take college loan every time I need and feel OK because of that.

Karen June 30, 2010, 1:19 PM

Carnie,

Maybe you were meant to be a “big” girl…be healthy.