Meet Baby Miley?

Hottest baby names influenced by Hannah Montana, American Idol and America's Next Top Model.

miley_baby270.jpg

A growing trend among new parents is to name their infants after pop singers and reality television stars. Move over, Madison--in five years, there'll likely be at least three Mileys in every classroom, thanks to the popularity of Miss Hannah Montana.

According to Baby Name Wizard, the fastest-rising baby names of 2007 were:

1. Miley - As in Cyrus.

2. Kingston - It's not the name of a pop diva, but it's the son of one -- Gwen Stefani.

3. Mylee - For the parents who want to be trendy but hold onto a bit of originality.

4. Jordin - All those American Idol fans who just couldn't get enough of the 17-year-old singing sensation are now naming their kids after Ms. Sparks.

5. Jaslene - The former winner of America's Next Top Model can soon start a mommy and me group comprised solely of all the babies who are named after her.

Friend of Momlogic Jennifer Moss, who runs the popular Baby Names.com site, comments on this trend. "If the name is fairly mainstream, it may continue to climb the charts, but we're not seeing Pilot Inspektor or Peaches Honeyblossom explode in popularity," she says. "And there are many stars who follow the trends, like Britney naming her son Jayden and Jennifer Lopez naming her twins Max and Emme. Just as in real life, there will be celebs who follow the trends and celebs who create trends."

Have you or would you name your kid after a singer or TV star? Come clean.

next: Adoption's Not for Sissies
Paula May 13, 2008, 4:00 PM

Um…no. They’re just celebs! What makes their choices better than anyone else’s?

Ashley May 13, 2008, 4:55 PM

My daughter’s name is Miley but that’s just because My husband and My name put together made it… MIcah and ashLEY makes Miley!! :)

jacob May 13, 2008, 7:10 PM

THAT IS WRONG SHE IS A HUMAN TO PEOPLE!!!!
PICK ON PEOPLE WHO ARE WRONG NOT HER!!!!!!
IM HER 1# FAN PEOPLE SO BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Kate May 14, 2008, 11:42 AM

What’s up with jacob? I think he commented on the wrong story…

Melissa May 16, 2008, 10:55 AM

My daughter’s name is Miley also and it is not for a !@#$#ing pop star. We heard it in Hawaii on our honeymoon. You don’t think every Brittney is for Brittney Spears do you?

Leanne  January 14, 2009, 10:28 AM

Hey, when I was a LITTLE GIRL before Miley Cyrus was even born I wanted to name my daughter MILEY. I was named Leanne after my great, great grandmother and her maiden name was MILEY. LEANNE MILEY. (My family is big on family names). So, in 2003, I had a baby girl and named her MILEY. I was so excited about having a little girl. Then when MILEY CYRUS came out, yes, I was a bit dissapointed because I had this name for so long and then it was all over the place. It is alright though, it is a family name. It is not after Miley, it is not after anything or anyone but Mileys great, great, great grandmother and that is what she tells people too.

Ju March 19, 2009, 6:08 PM

Why are people being so touchy about this? They’re just showing a trend, not stating “THIS IS SO”. The only Celeb name I would pick would be one from Korea, she was my Idol as I was growing up and makes me proud of my heritage.

sara May 24, 2009, 11:17 PM

that is not mileys baby it is not born yet and jacob u dont have 2 pick on people that have probs and miley i lllllllooooooove hannah montana the movie.

xbox live codes December 7, 2010, 6:37 PM

Thanks targeted using time to debate this particular, I feel strongly about it and love learning greater on this subject. If possible, while you acquire experience, could you intellect updating the weblog with more information? It is extremely useful for me.

xbox live code generator December 8, 2010, 3:11 AM

horoughly, the write-up is actually the freshest for this extraordinary topic. I entirely approve along with your conclusions and may eagerly look ahead to the upcoming updates. only saying thanks won’t just be adequate, for your distinctive lucidity within your lettering. I am going to immediately seize your rss feed to remain current using any updates.Solid function and really a good deal accomplishment as part of your business pains!tkank you lots.

Pharmk764 April 6, 2011, 12:23 PM

Hello! agaggbd interesting agaggbd site!