Moms Are Buzzing About...

Here's a taste of what's being discussed in the momlogic community.

moms_are_buzzing_abt1.jpg

A secret Mom shouldn't keep?

"Sometimes it is better to tell and other times it's not. One secret someone had was that their husband was not the father of her oldest child. When her daughter tried to see if she could donate to help her brother during his time of medical need, the daughter was devastated to find out this family secret.

Sadly the Mother who didn't deserve it wound up with the secret out and her children were outraged. Her husband knew but her children didn't. She was pregnant when he met her. I felt bad as I would have done the same if I was in her shoes as they didn't have the technology so many decades ago like they do now. It was heartache all around." - Heather, When Mommy Has a Dirty Secret.

moms_are_buzzing_abt2.jpg

Who's minding Miley?

"I think some historical perspective has to be thrown into the mix. People act all shocked, like this is some NEW thing here. Yes, the photos were meant to be edgy, sexual, shocking...probably. But they could have been far worse.

Sexuality? It is definitely being foisted on children as something to emulate even before they know what they are really doing. They just want to look and act "sexy'. They see top singers and celebs doing it. They see it on American Idol. They see it on "family shows" on tv. Don't forget, Brittney Spears (before she decompressed) started out at Disney as did Justin Timberlake.

Spears was known for far worse behavior than Cyrus, in time, unless people consider flashing one's private parts to be something they'd like their kids to do for the publicity hounds. Britney was not a child when she did that but who was keeping tabs on her? Where were her parents?" Jo. C, Who's to Blame for Miley Photos?

moms_are_buzzing_abt3.jpg

When breast isn't best for Mom and baby

"When I got pregnant, bottlefeeding never crossed my mind. At the hospital, Sam nursed once. The lactation consulatant was never available. When I paged a nurse for the 10th time, with Sam screaming, me in tears and my husband about ready to blow, her solution was to bring us a bottle of formula "in case I changed my mind" about attempting to breastfeed.

When we left the hospital, Sam hadn't latched on since that first feeding. I was in shock and terrified. After a couple of days of a screaming baby and having every mother I knew come over to manipulate my breasts and my baby's mouth to no avail, and after spending an hour attached to a breast pump for a tablespoon of results, my husband and I went to the store for bottles and formula.

I was sick from crying. I was so disappointed and exhausted. My red-faced, miserable little baby turned into quite a little charmer after taking right to the bottle and eating to his little heart's desire. Honestly, I'm still a little defensive about it." - Tabitha, Those Brilliant Breastfed Babies!

next: Tween Vanity Gone Bad?
Le Ann May 17, 2008, 7:41 PM

I am mom to 5 and have breast fed all 5 children. Some do better than others. No matter what you do for your baby is right and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I have both breast fed and bottlefed ALL of my children, with no harm to any.

I also felt sick and cried and felt as if I was a failure. YOU are not and should never be mad to feel that way.

Good for you!

do follow list 2009 March 29, 2011, 12:21 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

do follow search engine March 29, 2011, 1:56 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

debt to income ratio calculator March 30, 2011, 10:50 PM

Interesting, I wonder what the statistics are on your first point there…

long island gut renovation March 31, 2011, 5:00 AM

I feel that is a captivating aspect, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record.

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 1:26 PM

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

computer repair services March 31, 2011, 1:47 PM

Hi my loved one! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 2:35 PM

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

book of ra March 31, 2011, 3:32 PM

I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it friend :)

pc repair April 1, 2011, 2:16 AM

I think that is one of the so much vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However should remark on some normal things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is actually excellent : D. Just right process, cheers

attract men April 1, 2011, 4:17 AM

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap techniques with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Greenenergydude April 1, 2011, 3:38 PM

Hi and thanks a lot for putting up this!

reliacard April 1, 2011, 5:58 PM

I couldn’t resist commenting. :)

rankpay review April 1, 2011, 8:16 PM

So not really on the same topic as your post, but I found this today and I just can’t resist sharing. Mrs. Agathe’s dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told him, “I’ll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I’ll mail you the check. Oh, and by the way…don’t worry about my Doberman. He won’t bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT under ANY circumstances talk to my parrot!” When the repairman arrived at Mrs. Agathe’s apartment the next day, he discovered the biggest and meanest looking Doberman he had ever seen. But just as she had said, the dog simply laid there on the carpet, watching the repairman go about his business. However, the whole time the parrot drove him nuts with his incessant cursing, yelling and name-calling. Finally the repairman couldn’t contain himself any longer and yelled, “Shut up, you stupid ugly bird!” To which the parrot replied, “Get him, Spike!”

Alba Fewell April 1, 2011, 9:22 PM

hello!,I love your writing very so much! share we keep up a correspondence more about your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to see you.

Solarpowerforhome April 1, 2011, 10:34 PM

Your publishing is excellent and gives food for thought. I really hope that I’ll get more time and energy to go through your articles. Regards. I hope that you simply publish new texts and invite for you to greet me

wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 4:42 AM

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 10:21 AM

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

Private Jet Rentals April 2, 2011, 2:03 PM

Brilliant, thanks, I will visit again soon!

Custom Motocross Graphics April 2, 2011, 3:05 PM

Awersome Post! I am so glad I stumbled onto this. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the post. I’ll definately visit again! Ty