My Husband Won't Buy Tampons

I know he took health class growing up, he certainly isn't shy about sex and he practically caught my daughter when she came out of my--as Borat would say--'vageen'. So what's the problem?

tampon_man270.jpg

Earlier this week, my husband offered to go to the grocery store--a job that somehow has become mostly mine over the years. He forgot the list (normally a cute guy trait, but not today) and when he called me from the store and asked what I needed I told him "tampons" among other items.

He said "No." He may have added a polite "I'd rather not," but the sound of myself mounting my high horse clouded my hearing. This "no" makes me question his maturity, dwell on how he helps me, but with conditions, and it annoys me because now I have to stop at the store. It causes me to get red-faced and makes me want to take control of the remote and never give it back. It makes me want call my wonderful mother-in-law and yell at her. I have to stop myself from screaming, "Grow up!"

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I just cannot imagine refusing to get my husband ANYTHING he needed. Actually, now I can. I'm going to boycott buying condoms. We'll see how well that goes over.

next: Thieves, Step Away from Our Minivans!
Anonymous May 31, 2008, 7:41 PM

This guy’s a father?

Parenthood: No Maturity Required

Amber May 31, 2008, 10:38 PM

Wow. If I forget to pick up anything female related in that department while I’m out shopping I send my husband out. He doesn’t care. People aren’t going to see him with a big box of tampons and assume HE uses them, so what’s the big deal??

My sister’s boyfriend wont do things like that for her. Real winners, some men are.

Anonymous1 June 1, 2008, 11:04 AM

My DH won’t do it either. That’s okay because I won’t buy his jock itch cream for him.

Wendi June 1, 2008, 10:28 PM

My husband will do it as long as I give him a total discription of what I need, including the color of the box. He does not have a problem with that type of thing at all. Why should he?? It is a fact of life and I do anything he asks of me. Seems only fair that he could do that one little thing for me once in a while.

Larry George Sutton June 4, 2008, 5:43 AM

Be A man. Stand up and take care of your woman, whatever they need, love and lust , God We Gladly
share our bodies with them, Total God
given pleasure,so what is the problem

Michele July 25, 2008, 2:55 PM

I still have to give the label from the box to my DH, but at least he gets them for me..and he started it when we were dating! My boys (16 & 20) both SWEAR they will never ever get them for their wives, I just laugh! It would have angered me too if my DH refused to buy something I needed.