From one bachelorette to another...
Trista turns to momlogic exclusively to pass on tips to the new lucky lady. Plus, Trista makes her pick for the best man for DeAnna.
1. Like any other relationship, it takes work. Regardless of whether you met on TV or in church, you need to be 100% committed to each other and create a life that you can both be invested in and proud of.
2. Move away from the craziness that will surely follow you! It's one thing to attend fun events and enjoy a getaway to Hollywood every now and then. However...living away from the chaos allows you to truly focus on your relationship and not the spotlight that you will be in immediately following the show.
3. Appreciate that you've been given a gift...a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Thank your lucky stars (and the producers!) for showing you the path to your someone special...someone you would most likely have never met before!
4. Be open about what happened on the show. Obviously, your guy will see everything eventually when it airs on ABC, so be sure to communicate with him about anything you may have said or done that could take him by surprise.
5. As you said on the first episode, DeAnna...it is your time. Enjoy it, embrace it, and don't listen to any pessimists out there who want to bring you down. You have to live your life for yourself, so continue on the path you've gracefully chosen to find the man of your dreams, and hopefully you will find the fairy tale that I've found with Ryan!
And, my personal fave is Graham. He seems like an all-around good guy...motivated, real, didn't try too hard the first night, easy on the eyes, and genuine. I'm all about genuine guys with beautiful blue eyes!!
All my best,
The Bachelorette airs on Mondays at 9/8c on ABC.