Dad Wins the Dumb Award

Guess that "Don't Feed the Raccoon" sign didn't apply to his kid.

Are we just being paranoid, or is this just no good?

feedingtime.jpg

next: Mommy's "Busy"
Anonymous June 29, 2008, 10:29 AM

Since coons are one of the top rabies carriers and since even a scratch can transfer the disease to a child and having personally gone through a horrible round of rabies shots with one of my children I would have to say that the guy is nuts.

MEM June 29, 2008, 11:59 AM

WOW..what an IDIOT!!! Raccoons are very dirty, mean and nasty animals! What was dad thinking, better yet, what was the mom thinking? Where were her motherly instincts to protect her child? They need help!

Ryan June 29, 2008, 2:16 PM

wow! dads are just so dumb! They are sooo stupid. I can’t believe on a women’s/mom’s site they would have something that makes the man look stupid. Why not show the picture of the mom giving the kid whatever they want? Oh…wait…is that the mom holding the popcorn?

Carol Myers June 29, 2008, 4:09 PM

Im sure the child wanted to feed the raccoon so dad hung the child down there so he could. It wasn’t the smartest thing to do but I don’t think the dad was doing it to hurt the child, he was trying to make him happy. Since these raccoons are in a zoo or some other confined area, I doubt that they have rabies or other diseases but could still be dangerous. Lets applaud the father for trying to make the childs day, but give him a time out for doing something so dangerous.

Melanie June 29, 2008, 4:12 PM

I really dislike parents who think their child should have a whole different set of rules!

Anonymous June 29, 2008, 6:01 PM

Idiot.

Sheri June 29, 2008, 8:28 PM

Maybe the kid leaned over to far and the dad caught him, ever think of that?

Or that the woman isn’t the kids mom?
Could be a daughter, niece or girlfriend?

Kelley June 30, 2008, 12:09 AM

Can’t we have an IQ test before someone reproduces? What a MORON.

sofia June 30, 2008, 10:14 AM

that is so stupid! Racoons are not tame animals and at any time his son could drop and the racoon could scratch him badly.

BAD DADDY,BAD DADDY,BAD DADDY,BAD DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous June 30, 2008, 12:49 PM

Wow! This dad is so fired!

Jody Reale June 30, 2008, 12:53 PM

Dumb: Yes, there’s no doubt about that, not to mention that it’s probably not great for the animals to be fed caramel corn and ho-hos all day. (I get that raccoons eat trash most of the time, but geez.)

Deb June 30, 2008, 12:53 PM

This is just NUTS! Both parents (Mom’s standing beside him by the looks) should be yelled at for that dumb move.

Kiki June 30, 2008, 12:56 PM

He’s probably some sort of slacker genius. He’s doing this so his wife never makes him watch the kid again.

Tomorrow he’s going to put dirty underwear in the dishwasher with Tide.

In the future his only reponsibility will be sitting on the couch. Just the way he likes it.

CGH June 30, 2008, 1:16 PM

So I’m thinking to myself looking at the picture and I can’t help but wonder if the mom was right there with him. Just a thought.

Anonymous June 30, 2008, 1:51 PM

I don’t throw this word around lightly but that man is an IDIOT! Raccoons ARE bad all around. Not the friendliest either.

Anon July 1, 2008, 11:05 AM

Another example of bad parenting.

Allen .mary k June 5, 2010, 9:18 AM

I think the mother should do something like a mother should because shes just watching her husband do that. And if you could see iam not talking about the father iam talking to the woman because iam 83 and i know how to be a mother unlike she could be on if she was one i have 3 kids 28,22,31.And they all have kids so i should no more you cant just watch ur kid like that do you know what those stikn’ racoons could do!!! Sheesh!

Anonymous June 5, 2010, 12:28 PM

BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN BRING BIG BANG SOUTH KOREA BAND ON YOUR SHOW.. I LOVE YOU ELLEN