Mom Forces Kids to Have Sex

A mom and her boyfriend have been sentenced to life in prison...another goes on trial today.

mom_forces_kids_to_have_sex270.jpg

A building that once housed a daycare center and later became a "swingers' club" in Mineola, Texas turned into a house of horrors for four children who were forced to perform sex acts on others and each other.

Shauntel Mayo, 29, the ringleader of this unthinkable abuse, made her three kids (then age 5, 6, and 7) and her own 6-year-old baby sister perform sex acts if they wanted dinner. "The unthinkable," said Smith County assistant district attorney Joe Murphy. "She had her kids have sex with each other and taught them to masturbate. She taught them how to strip. She withheld food from them. All so she could make money."

According to prosecutors, the kids were groomed for sex shows in what Mayo called "kindergarten" classes. At "kindergarten," they said they learned how to strip, dance and perform sexual acts--first on dolls, then on each other. Upon "graduating" from "kindergarten," they were forced to have sex with each other in front of 50 to 100 adult members of a swingers' club once a week. Before going on stage, they were given the painkiller Vicodin  -- which their abusers called "silly pills" -- to loosen them up for their performances. The children were forced to have sex with each other or perform sexual acts for club members who paid a fee to watch. Investigators believe up to 15 other children were victimized, and are still trying to locate them.

According to the Associated Press, the police department first investigated a complaint in June 2005 in which the siblings' foster mother said one of the girls described dancing toward men and another child said that "everybody does nasty stuff in there."

"We learned to strip (at 'kindergarten')," said the 7-year-old. " I had to touch my privates with my sister's and brother's privates for the people in the club."

The mother of the three siblings and her live-in boyfriend have already been convicted in the case and were sentenced to life in prison. A third person goes on trial today to face charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child, tampering with physical evidence and engaging in organized criminal activity. Four others are awaiting trial.

The siblings, who have been adopted and have gone through intense therapy, are now doing better, the welfare agency said. However, the man who gained permanent custody of the children, John Orville Cantrell, 64, of Mineola, was arrested last week for aggravated sexual assault of a child on a California case from 18 years ago.

His wife, Margie Cantrell, who has been a foster mom for 36 years, said Thursday she believes the accusations are in retaliation for their roles in the Mineola sex ring case. "What John and I want to do is continue to seek justice for the kids in this case," she told the Tyler Paper. "And if we have to climb a few mountains to get there, it will be worth it. And at the end of all this, John will absolutely be proven innocent."

What's your reaction to this horrifying case?

next: Celebrity Crib Notes
Jennifer M June 23, 2008, 4:39 PM

Sick, sick, sick. These people are inhuman. They should be stripped of all their human rights since they are subhuman. I was molested when I was a child and still have sexual issues, to this day, and I’m 30 years old. I feel so sorry for these children. I pray that they will get past this horrible ordeal and they can get on with their lives in a normal healthy way. Pretty sad, most states require a license to have a dog but any jack a** can have a child.

Connie June 23, 2008, 4:52 PM

The only good that will come of these disgustingly sick people is that they will spend life in prison where not even hardened criminals look past pedophiles. May they get what’s coming to them, here and in hell.

Batik June 23, 2008, 4:55 PM

Well they don’t know a good time until they spend some time in jail. Oh boy are they going to be sore! You’ve got to be a sick son of to mess with children, like that especially.

PISSED OFF June 23, 2008, 4:56 PM

This people aren’t even HUMAN…they’re DISGUSTING, perverse, evil bags of flesh. Rotting away in jail is the BEST thing that could’ve ever happened to this pig and those like her.

Horrible, absolutely horrible!
I’m so angry and sad for those poor children…I do hope they get better, but seriously HOW CAN THEY?

Jennifer M STILL remembers her abuse & she’s 30!

These poor kids are scarred for life.

anon June 23, 2008, 5:12 PM

I want to know how they ended up in foster in the first place. My pedophile dad encouraged me to make false allegations against other men and boys to distract authorities and provide explanations for my injuries. With the allegations against the foster father I have to wonder about such a possibility.

In any case, it’s unquestionable that these kids have been victimized by at least one set of adults in their life. It’s very very sad.

KILL 'EM ALL June 23, 2008, 5:25 PM

Here’s what you do: you castrate these inhumans (without any anaesthesia or pain meds), then you torture them (i’m ok with torture), and leave them to rot. Preferably in a field with vultures.

If ANYONE ever did that to my kids, they BEST pray that the police find them before I do…

No need to send them prison. Why should we pay for this horrendous crime? Just get it over and done. Simple. Enough BS from the ACLU and goodie 2 shoes interest groups.

Loretta June 23, 2008, 6:23 PM

Why waste the tax-payers money by sending these freaks to jail? Just take ‘em out back and put a bullet in their heads, saves money and time. Reality check - people who perpetrate these types of acts are not capable of being “cured”, they are predators who kill off children’s innocence and futures, the only cure is death, sex offenders should be put to death with the murders, for that is what they are childrens futures are killed when they are preyed upon by pedophiles.

Amy June 23, 2008, 7:24 PM

This article made me cry. It scares me that someone can orchestrate something like this. These children will never recover and I pray to god that the abuse doesn’t get perpetuated. I think I’m goin to go throw up now.

Randy in Virginia June 23, 2008, 8:45 PM

It is a shame that the media portrays this as a “Swingers” club. It is not even close. This is more of a sick peep show than anything. It is a shame that the media groups open minded law abiding citizens in with these sick people. The media needs to grow up and do their research before making such a statement.

reneejohnson June 24, 2008, 11:21 AM

that is just to sick to even think of a child having to go through what those innocent children went through.those people involved dont deserve to have children, there are many people who are trying desperately to have more children and cant and yet these people or shall i say animals are allowed to have as many children as they want and they treat them so badly. it makes me want to cry.its very very sad.

Olga June 24, 2008, 6:26 PM

What disturbs me is the fact that there were 50-100 people who were WATCHING this being done. What about those individuals? What alarms me is people paid to watch this and those people are still out there with their sick sexual urges. Does anyone worry about that!!!!???? It should be investigated on who was attending these meetings and who was paying for it. They should be placed on some sort of watch. GOOD GOD! This disturbs me so much!!! ANGER is what I feel. right now!!!

saddened June 25, 2008, 2:25 PM

i totally agree with Olga….those who paid to watch are JUST AS GUILTY…they will just move on to the next victim(s)….pretty soon watching will not be enough……Find them BEFORE they find the next baby on which to prey

A.E. November 7, 2008, 9:27 AM

THIS IS SO SICK AND MORE THAN EVERYTHIG SAD.SAD BECAUSE THE LIFE OF THOSE KIDS WILL BE RUIN FOREVER.I DEFENETLY AGREE THAT THE ADULTS INVOLVED SHOULD BE KILLED,WHY GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO THE SAME THING AGAIN.

Adrian  November 7, 2008, 10:38 AM

This is so crazy, how in the hell could anybody do this to a child? I hope they get gang raped by the whole prison, while being beaten!!! How can a mother do this to her own child? The woman is completely insane! She can just sit there and get off by watching her children and sister. I hope she has fun in jail…DEATH TO HER AND HER DAMN BOYFRIEND, I HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL!!!

Steph November 10, 2008, 4:15 PM

I think all people like this deserve the worst things possible in life. I hope the other criminals make her and everyone like her suffer for the rest of her life!! May she rot in jain and rot in hell!

Suzanne Eller November 11, 2008, 2:31 PM

I pray that these children will receive counseling and not just be shuffled around in the system. The parents need to be punished, and so do the people who watched. I’m grieved by the lowest denominator of humanity that we can creep to, and especially with beautiful little children who deserve to be nurtured rather than exploited.

Random November 16, 2008, 5:36 AM

wut they dont think that ther kids dont want to have sex? sex iz happy and me cousin and sex and she still isnt pregnate… were both 16 by the way

sherry November 25, 2008, 4:38 PM

This is by far the sickest woman on the planet! I have four boys of my own and I am a single mother, this just makes me want to throw up!

Steph January 21, 2009, 6:18 AM

This is why humanity sickens me…

ANNIE February 1, 2009, 3:31 PM

I do not know if this case is true or not. I do know the Margie Cantrell is capable of convincing anyone of anything. She is a scary, powerful, controlling and evil person. She does everything with rage with threats or claiming she is a loving Christian or claims of mothering many with selfless love. She toots a very loud horn. Her foster parenting for dollars has caused many children great emotional harm. One of the many ways she controls the foster children is to convince them she is their only answer; no other person will protect them, love them or help them. DO NOT base any of your case on what she or anyone under her control has to say. If these kids are being coached by her they will be under her spell. Get them away from her for an extended period of time. Take them to a professional that can judge their truth. These kids could be harmed again by Margie filling their heads with stories and false memories.
Look at the comments from the ‘Vacaville Reporter’ blog in California.