Mom Forces Kids to Have Sex

A mom and her boyfriend have been sentenced to life in prison...another goes on trial today.

mom_forces_kids_to_have_sex270.jpg

A building that once housed a daycare center and later became a "swingers' club" in Mineola, Texas turned into a house of horrors for four children who were forced to perform sex acts on others and each other.

Shauntel Mayo, 29, the ringleader of this unthinkable abuse, made her three kids (then age 5, 6, and 7) and her own 6-year-old baby sister perform sex acts if they wanted dinner. "The unthinkable," said Smith County assistant district attorney Joe Murphy. "She had her kids have sex with each other and taught them to masturbate. She taught them how to strip. She withheld food from them. All so she could make money."

According to prosecutors, the kids were groomed for sex shows in what Mayo called "kindergarten" classes. At "kindergarten," they said they learned how to strip, dance and perform sexual acts--first on dolls, then on each other. Upon "graduating" from "kindergarten," they were forced to have sex with each other in front of 50 to 100 adult members of a swingers' club once a week. Before going on stage, they were given the painkiller Vicodin  -- which their abusers called "silly pills" -- to loosen them up for their performances. The children were forced to have sex with each other or perform sexual acts for club members who paid a fee to watch. Investigators believe up to 15 other children were victimized, and are still trying to locate them.

According to the Associated Press, the police department first investigated a complaint in June 2005 in which the siblings' foster mother said one of the girls described dancing toward men and another child said that "everybody does nasty stuff in there."

"We learned to strip (at 'kindergarten')," said the 7-year-old. " I had to touch my privates with my sister's and brother's privates for the people in the club."

The mother of the three siblings and her live-in boyfriend have already been convicted in the case and were sentenced to life in prison. A third person goes on trial today to face charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child, tampering with physical evidence and engaging in organized criminal activity. Four others are awaiting trial.

The siblings, who have been adopted and have gone through intense therapy, are now doing better, the welfare agency said. However, the man who gained permanent custody of the children, John Orville Cantrell, 64, of Mineola, was arrested last week for aggravated sexual assault of a child on a California case from 18 years ago.

His wife, Margie Cantrell, who has been a foster mom for 36 years, said Thursday she believes the accusations are in retaliation for their roles in the Mineola sex ring case. "What John and I want to do is continue to seek justice for the kids in this case," she told the Tyler Paper. "And if we have to climb a few mountains to get there, it will be worth it. And at the end of all this, John will absolutely be proven innocent."

What's your reaction to this horrifying case?

next: Celebrity Crib Notes
metalmyhem April 25, 2011, 7:31 PM

I HOPE WHEN THIS TO SICK PERVERTS GET TO JAIL SOMEONE WILL MAKE SURE THEY FORCE THEM TO DO A SHOWER SCENE WITH A BAR OF SOAP AND AND A BROOMSTICK..MAY THEY BOTH ROT AND I HOPE THEY ARE ABUSED EVERYDAY OF THEIR SICK PERVERTED LIVES…

Barb April 26, 2011, 7:04 PM

Life in prison is a fitting punishment for those sickos. As child molesters they are the lowest of the low in the pecking order in prison. They can look forward to their own rapes & beating for the rest of their lives. Couldn’t happen to more deserving scum.

Linda April 28, 2011, 11:42 AM

I’m not sure how to even put into words of this horrible, horrific, sick and discusting ordeal. I can’t believe what I just read, I’m so sick to my stomach and pissed off at the same time. My heart goes out to those poor kids, it breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes when I think about what those poor innocent children had to go through and endure of these sick and horrific acts. It really is so bad, I don’t think you really know how to put into words of how inhumane and just sick this is. Those bastards deserve to suffer, big time, no question about it, no doubt about it. They are not human, they can’t be, to actually treat a child like that and put them through something so horrible like that. A person on here, by the name of Loretta, made a very good point, why waste tax payers money and put them in jail for life, I agree, line them up and shoot them, no question about it. There is no way they could be cured, I don’t care how much therapy they go through, they can’t be cured. So, it would be pointless to keep these evil, disgusting and sick bastards alive. They don’t deserve to live, they deserve to die, suffer and rot in hell for what they have done to those children. It just pisses me off big time of how anyone can be so cruel and evil to a child and put them through of what they did to them. Again, just shoot them and be done with it.

haley April 28, 2011, 3:43 PM

nasty

Dani  April 29, 2011, 5:07 PM

This is extremely disturbing and NO child should EVER have to go through this. These people DESERVE to rot in jail and i’m glad that they are getting double punishment. It would be nice for them to be executed, but I would much rather they spend 60 years in jail and then die rotting in jail then having them die and leave what they did to these children here. They get to do double the punishment. I pray for these children to recover from this horrible incident.

me. May 1, 2011, 4:28 PM

They should suffer in jail every day for the rest of their life… then maybe they’ll feel a little bad for the horrible terrible things they did to those kids.

BUNNY May 3, 2011, 5:06 AM

KEEP HER LOCKED UP ALL BY HERSELF…NO WINDOWS..NO LIGHT..THESE KIDS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME…NEVER,,

Kirsten May 3, 2011, 11:38 PM

These molesters are pure evil. Those poor sweet babies. May God bless them. Hopefully they get intense psychiatric care and are now with people who love & care for them. When these sick people meet their maker, they will learn what real justice is.
Note to Random: Stop having sex with your cousin & get some professional help.

Staci May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM

This is beyond disgusting. That’s all.

David May 4, 2011, 9:43 PM

They need to be put in the cell with the worst of the worst so they can get what they deserve and than some, those kids need to stay together but needs alot of help and a real loving family.

bren May 5, 2011, 12:53 PM

@olga, my sentiments exactly, what about those sick bastards, the 50-100 others who paid to see these children perform these disgusting acts, they should be seeked out and charged as well cause its just another 50-100 perverted pedophiles to worry about in the world who will more than likely go on to perform their own perverted acts on children, i also agree with some that say they shouldn’t waste our tax money by sending these monsters to jail, just take’em out cause they don’t deserve to be treated as human beings, hopefully they’ll get whats coming to’em in prison cause they don’t take to kindly to people who hurt children in prison, they make sick, f**king sicko

X May 6, 2011, 7:47 PM

Kinda amazes how vindictive people are. Makes one wonder what would happen if things such as this were the norm. Before I’m attacked by schools of outspoken Christian-born people, I speak theoretically, and such a scenario could refer to any similar situation.

Shiny May 7, 2011, 12:39 AM

Yes, this is a horrific and sickening story. I have no sympathy for the perpetrators. But every time I read a story like this, and then read the barrage of comments afterwards ranting “torture them and let them rot and I wish them pain and hellfire etc etc”, I wonder if people realize how rabid and inhuman they themselves sound.

louis vuitton bags May 7, 2011, 11:39 AM

What a great story. I am trully glad. Keep writing amigo

louis vuitton Handbags May 9, 2011, 3:44 PM

Well I truly enjoyed studying it. This post procured by you is very useful for good planning.

kathy May 10, 2011, 1:00 AM

It sickens my stomach. These people should get the death penalty is what I would do to them. SICKO’S

valarie May 11, 2011, 9:10 AM

horrible! how dare they treat those children like that! it makes me sick to think that any child be abused. they did not ask to be here and they deserve to be loved and cared for. i am so sorry for the things these children had to go through and i pray that they are able to overcome this..

Me May 11, 2011, 6:15 PM

Reaction? I’m about to go throw up. And those people who watched this happening? I hope they were arrested for not telling anyone. Gross.

Jonathan May 11, 2011, 10:20 PM

Execute them!

Capital punishment for molestors now!

Paul May 11, 2011, 11:17 PM

In my opinion anyone who even observed these crimes and did not contact authorities to report them within 15 minutes of having seen it should themselves be charged with felony crimes.