Mom Forces Kids to Have Sex

A mom and her boyfriend have been sentenced to life in prison...another goes on trial today.

mom_forces_kids_to_have_sex270.jpg

A building that once housed a daycare center and later became a "swingers' club" in Mineola, Texas turned into a house of horrors for four children who were forced to perform sex acts on others and each other.

Shauntel Mayo, 29, the ringleader of this unthinkable abuse, made her three kids (then age 5, 6, and 7) and her own 6-year-old baby sister perform sex acts if they wanted dinner. "The unthinkable," said Smith County assistant district attorney Joe Murphy. "She had her kids have sex with each other and taught them to masturbate. She taught them how to strip. She withheld food from them. All so she could make money."

According to prosecutors, the kids were groomed for sex shows in what Mayo called "kindergarten" classes. At "kindergarten," they said they learned how to strip, dance and perform sexual acts--first on dolls, then on each other. Upon "graduating" from "kindergarten," they were forced to have sex with each other in front of 50 to 100 adult members of a swingers' club once a week. Before going on stage, they were given the painkiller Vicodin  -- which their abusers called "silly pills" -- to loosen them up for their performances. The children were forced to have sex with each other or perform sexual acts for club members who paid a fee to watch. Investigators believe up to 15 other children were victimized, and are still trying to locate them.

According to the Associated Press, the police department first investigated a complaint in June 2005 in which the siblings' foster mother said one of the girls described dancing toward men and another child said that "everybody does nasty stuff in there."

"We learned to strip (at 'kindergarten')," said the 7-year-old. " I had to touch my privates with my sister's and brother's privates for the people in the club."

The mother of the three siblings and her live-in boyfriend have already been convicted in the case and were sentenced to life in prison. A third person goes on trial today to face charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child, tampering with physical evidence and engaging in organized criminal activity. Four others are awaiting trial.

The siblings, who have been adopted and have gone through intense therapy, are now doing better, the welfare agency said. However, the man who gained permanent custody of the children, John Orville Cantrell, 64, of Mineola, was arrested last week for aggravated sexual assault of a child on a California case from 18 years ago.

His wife, Margie Cantrell, who has been a foster mom for 36 years, said Thursday she believes the accusations are in retaliation for their roles in the Mineola sex ring case. "What John and I want to do is continue to seek justice for the kids in this case," she told the Tyler Paper. "And if we have to climb a few mountains to get there, it will be worth it. And at the end of all this, John will absolutely be proven innocent."

What's your reaction to this horrifying case?

next: Celebrity Crib Notes
That Guy May 12, 2011, 5:52 AM

How progressive!

Mary Ann May 12, 2011, 7:24 AM

Execute them. They will enjoy being raped in jail, beaten in jail, and all while everyone watches. There are instances where the death penalty applies, and this is it. Because the Canadian government won’t do their duty to society, we can only hope that an inmate carries out justice.

Anonymous May 12, 2011, 9:26 AM

I find it interesting that only the female is displayed and makes the headline.

If you removed the males from the audience, would there be anyone left? The boyfriend? No photo or name.

Where are the fathers of these children? Did they just drop their seed and not care? Newsflash, check back in 6 months. Yes, even with a sex worker you are still ethically responsible.

Comes down to supply and demand. If men didn’t want to use children for sex, would this have happened?

MaryAnn May 13, 2011, 5:11 PM

HANG THEM ALL including the WATCHERS.
Sick B…….

Darr247 May 13, 2011, 11:05 PM

Why haven’t all you recent posters noticed this article is like, 3 years old?

Ever noticed how often someone that rails long and loud in public against some behavior is later found to have been engaging in that same behavior during all the time they were acting so holy?

hahahaha funny article May 15, 2011, 9:29 PM

Lol sounds hot :D

Rebekah May 17, 2011, 10:38 AM

I know this is wrong to say but I hope they are victimized in prison…Prison might just be to good for them. This is sickening….wow people have serious issues.

Logan May 18, 2011, 1:03 PM

This is so sick and the children My God we live in evil monsterous times. The people who went to that show those things Those children dont have an ounce of a chance at anything normal in life. With all this real evil in the world we have much more pressing matters than race and the lack of money the children of the future are in danger and I hope this is our wake up call. We do not stand by and let this happen ever again

Jay May 18, 2011, 4:24 PM

OMG…I actually feel nauseeous and dirty for just reading about this sick story. I can’t believe “50 to 100” adults did this. Where do you even find one or two perverts of this degree? In the same geographic area? My God…

BIG HEART May 19, 2011, 12:47 PM

I can’t believe these animals, I think their life is worth a twenty cent bullet
they need to pay the price for damaging those little angels from heaven. soo manys good people are trying to have little angels from heaven.

Jenny May 19, 2011, 1:21 PM

I have never heard of anything so awful and disgusting in my life. That parents…a child’s mother; could do something like this to ANY child, her own or someone else’s; is so far removed from any reality I have ever known, I find it impossible to comprehend. Damaging little kids like this is worse than murdering them outright. It’s like killing their soul. These people deserve the death penalty or something worse (whatever that may be).

p May 19, 2011, 4:17 PM

I’m just now reading about this and I think the world need to be reminded of this story. I believe something like this is happening in my family but I can not prove it. I can only go by vaginal smell on the kids and that is a little boy and a little girl. I can not believe how a mother and father can do this to their kids and what lies they are telling them to make them think this is okay. If the parents believe in a higher power, god is everywhere and he sees everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly. NO ONE should get away with this. Sex should be between adults and not between an adult and a kid. If this is happening to you or if you are the one doing this GET HELP!

sue1mar3 May 19, 2011, 6:01 PM

It is too bad they weren’t able to do a sting operation and arrest all of the people viewing these acts and participating.

Sarah Derkum May 19, 2011, 11:51 PM

Life in prison?WTF they did this to their kids and they still get to eat and sleep and get cared for in a cell.I just wanna rip their heads off this is really disgusting.I dont usually rant but this is SICKENING ugh

Gwen May 20, 2011, 7:28 AM

They should be put down like a rabid dog. Disgusting. Those poor kids.
So terrible!

SUMMER May 20, 2011, 8:05 AM

I AM SPEECHLESS.

Tiger55 May 20, 2011, 2:02 PM

sick bastards should have gotten the death sentence

Clemente May 20, 2011, 5:59 PM

I’d say a public execution is in order, and yes, I am 100% serious. This lady does not deserve to live, she’s likely ruined all the lives of these kids, they will be scarred for life emotionally, spiritually and mentally.

Mandi May 22, 2011, 10:28 AM

I am absolutely horrified and cannot stop crying. These children were being kept with monsters. I just can’t wrap my mind around what thier innocent minds must have been going through. My God your mother is suppose to be the one to love and protect you. I pray they can track down the other monsters that were paying to sexually abuse these innocent babies. They may have lost thier childhood in that club but hopefully they can recover and start a new life with love and trust.

beckycanada May 22, 2011, 11:03 AM

Could barely finish reading this. The most disturbing and saddest thing I have ever read.