Exes Get Even in Public

How does airing dirty laundry affect the kids?

alec baldwin see more photos exes gallery

This week, a vile voice mail Charlie Sheen left for ex-wife Denise Richards was leaked online. In it, he called Denise the n-word, and he's since issued a public apology--not to Richards, but to his African-American best man.

But Richards, who often vents about Charlie on her E! reality show, makes no apologies. "The gloves are off," she told TV Guide. "When I keep my mouth shut, [Charlie] continues to fuel [the feud] anyway, so I'm not gonna sit back anymore."

This is just the latest in a long string of bitter exes getting even with their jilted lovers in a very public way.

When Alec Baldwin's hate-filled voice mail to his daughter was released (in which he called her a "thoughtless little pig"), he placed the blame squarely on ex-wife Kim Basinger, with whom he's been embroiled in a bitter divorce and custody battle for years.

MTV Road Rules star Kendal Sheppard went off on her baby's dad, actor Josh Henderson of Desperate Housewives, on her MySpace page on Father's Day. She wrote: "A feeling of anger and rage sweeps my body when I think of little Asa's biological deadbeat dad."

Of course, these aren't the only people to air their dirty laundry online or in print ... Mia Farrow, Dina and Michael Lohan, the YouTube divorce woman ... the list goes on and on.

But one has to wonder: How does this affect the kids?

Divorce recovery coach Suzy Brown, author of Radical Recovery: Transforming the Despair of Your Divorce into Unexpected Good, says, "This type of vitriolic public expression is very harmful for kids," she says. "After all, children these days are getting online younger and younger"--and that means as soon as they're old enough to Google, all of this negative information about Mommy and Daddy is just a click away.

Remember, she says: No matter how you feel about your ex, he's still your kid's father. "Spewing all the hatred is damaging to your children because he is still your kid's parent, no matter what," says Brown, who was divorced in 2000 and is a mother of four. She says parents' public battles can stress a kid out, strain their relationship with both parents, and damage their self-esteem. "Getting revenge rarely works. It's very detrimental for the kids when all this negativity is out there for everyone to see."

According to Brown, it's natural to experience feelings of grief, anger, and despair. But you can never move forward if you are still harboring those feelings of hatred. "You just have to figure out how to move on, especially for your kids," she says. "People always say how terrible divorce is for children, but we can teach them some very valuable lessons by our behavior if we make the right choices. You can teach kids to how to work through emotions and control their anger. You can't always keep yourself from being angry or sad, but you can control the way you deal with those feelings."

What do you think of these exes getting even online?

next: Political Drama-Rama
buy backlink February 10, 2011, 4:41 PM

Howdy, i read your weblog occasionally and that i personal an identical one and i was just wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or something you possibly can advise? I get a lot currently it’s driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good supply like this.

complete link building February 10, 2011, 5:32 PM

There are certainly lots of particulars like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to deliver up. I offer the thoughts above as basic inspiration but clearly there are questions just like the one you convey up the place crucial thing will be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, however I am sure that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good supply like this.

edu backlinks February 10, 2011, 11:35 PM

Excellent information here. This attention-grabbing publish made me smile. Possibly when you throw in a couple of footage it’s going to make the entire thing more interesting. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

viec lam nhanh February 11, 2011, 3:10 AM

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I actually appreciated that part, but hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He always tells me loopy stories back in the day and calls me a loser. I guess it’s time I transfer out of my dad and mom’ basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad assume xD” Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

backlink building February 11, 2011, 4:54 AM

Howdy, i learn your weblog sometimes and that i personal an analogous one and i was simply wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any assistance may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good source like this.

viec lam online February 11, 2011, 6:12 AM

I was questioning in the event you would be considering changing into a visitor poster on my weblog? and in trade you would put a hyperlink the publish? Please let me know whenever you get an opportunity and I’ll ship you my contact details - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good source like this.

backlink building February 11, 2011, 6:17 AM

Wonderful learn, I just handed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he really bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good supply like this.

tuyen dung viec lam February 11, 2011, 5:32 PM

Completely understand what your stance on this matter. Though I might disagree on a number of the finer details, I think you probably did an awesome job explaining it. Sure beats having to analysis it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good supply like this.

tuyen dung viec lam February 11, 2011, 6:44 PM

Howdy, i learn your weblog occasionally and that i own an analogous one and i used to be simply wondering for those who get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any help could be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good source like this.

cheap conveyancing solicitors February 14, 2011, 5:17 PM

31. I do believe all the concepts you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for starters. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

south beach diet recipes February 17, 2011, 11:19 AM

Howdy, i read your weblog often and i own an analogous one and i used to be just wondering for those who get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or something you may advise? I get a lot currently it is driving me mad so any assistance is very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good supply like this.

link wheel February 25, 2011, 8:11 AM

I was questioning what’s up with that weird gravatar??? I do know 5am is early and I am not wanting my greatest at that hour, however I hope I do not appear like this! I would however make that face if I’m requested to do one hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.

linkwheel February 25, 2011, 10:07 PM

I was wondering if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you possibly can include a hyperlink your publish? Please reply whenever you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

fish recipes February 26, 2011, 5:29 AM

Thank you for the smart critique. Me & my neighbour had been getting ready to perform a little research about that. We got a very good book on that matter from our native library and most books the place not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such info which I was searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

link wheel service February 26, 2011, 11:09 AM

Utterly understand what your stance in this matter. Though I’d disagree on some of the finer particulars, I think you did an superior job explaining it. Certain beats having to analysis it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good supply like this.

raw food diet February 26, 2011, 8:05 PM

Wonderful learn, I just handed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he truly purchased me lunch as a result of I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

link building services February 27, 2011, 2:40 AM

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve got something good here. But what if you happen to added a couple links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or perhaps you could possibly give us something to take a look at, something that might join what youre saying to one thing tangible? Just a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

cabbage soup diet recipe February 27, 2011, 7:43 AM

Howdy, i learn your weblog occasionally and that i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get loads of spam feedback? If that’s the case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you possibly can advise? I get a lot lately it’s driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good supply like this.

cabbage soup diet recipe February 27, 2011, 8:49 AM

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve bought something good here. But what should you added a pair links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to look at, something that would join what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.

cabbage soup diet recipe February 27, 2011, 9:56 AM

I used to be more than happy to find this site.I wanted to thanks for this nice read!! I undoubtedly having fun with each little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.