Secrets in the Suburbs: I'm a Dominatrix

For most people "The Suburbs" conjures up images of white picket fences, 2.5 kids, and doting moms baking cookies and driving carpool. Well, sometimes things aren't always what they seem.

In Part 2 of our "Secrets in the Suburbs" series, we take a look inside the world of a mother who is also a dominatrix.

Meet Allison, by day she's the married and the devoted mother of 1-year-old twin girls. But at night, she trades bottles for bondage and becomes Mistress Georgia, a dominatrix who inflicts pain for pleasure.

ML: How did you become a dominatrix?

Allison: I was in college on Long Island and taking an anthropology class. One of the assignments was writing a paper about a "different culture." I decided to write the paper on the SM (Sadism/Masochism) culture in NYC. I went to a club and a professional "house," and I was blown away by the whole lifestyle. I didn't really know much about it, but I had always dominated my boyfriends by making them walk behind me and carry my books and things like that. At the time I thought it was amusing and fun, but I didn't know that this could actually be a lifestyle. After I graduated, I waitressed at first, but then I thought, "Why am I doing this and making no money and not having fun? I'm going back to the "house" to see if I can work there." So I did.

ML: Did you start working as a dominatrix soon after that?

Allison: In most states in order to become a dominatrix you have to work as a "submissive" so that you can learn how to do everything correctly and safely. But in NY it's very different. I made friends with a girl and she taught me everything so I didn't have to work as a "submissive" first. I worked in NY for 2 years, and then I moved to Los Angeles, where I work now.

ML: Is being a dominatrix legal, and do you have sex with your clients?

Allison: In California being a dominatrix is legal because there is never any sex (at all) involved in being a dominatrix. But, it is illegal in some states -- not because of sex (because there is none) but because it's considered abuse.

ML: What does being a dominatrix entail?

Allison: First and foremost you're a psychologist. Secondly, you're an actress dressing the part and "on stage." The third part is a tech thing, knowing how to wield a whip or tie a knot without hurting someone. Well, you do want to hurt them, but you never want to really hurt them.

ML: Are all your clients into pain?

Allison: About 80% of the clients out there are not into heavy pain. There are that 10-15% who are, but most people are really into the outfits and the dramatics of me coming into a room. It's about the mind game and then the spanking comes along with it.

ML: Are most of your clients married men?

Allison: Most of my clients are married, and I would guess that their spouses don't know they visit me. But there are some men whose wives do know, and they will come in and give me a note from their wife telling me what a bad boy he's been. I much prefer when the wives know about it because I don't appreciate the lie. I wouldn't want that happening to me if I was someone's wife.

ML: You're married and have 1-year-old twin girls. How do you balance being a wife and mother with being a dominatrix?

Allison: It's hard sometimes. I especially find it difficult to change my mindset from mommy, putting my two girls to bed, to having to get dressed up and go on a session. I've noticed that sometimes I'll be getting ready and my husband will come into the room and I'll be in a bad mood. I really don't know why, but I guess I really just want to give all my energy to my kids, and when I go to work I have to give my clients all my energy.

ML: When you go to the park with your daughters do you tell the other moms what you do?

Allsion: I don't usually tell people that I'm a dominatrix. Sometimes I will, if I can feel people out and I think they'll be ok with it. It's not that I'm keeping it a secret, it's just that I find my kids to be the most interesting thing in my life, so I want to talk about that, not what I do to make extra money.

ML: What's the most unusual thing that you've been asked to do?

Allison: This might freak you out, but I had one client ask me to crucify him on a cross. He wanted nails put through his hands. There was no way that I could do that, but I found someone who could, and I ended up being paid just to watch. On the lighter side, I have another client who has a baby powder fetish. He likes to be tied up and then doused with it -- like 6 bottles of it. It's messy, messy, messy.

ML: How long do you see yourself continuing to work as a dominatrix?

Allison: If we didn't need to supplement our household income with my work as a dominatrix, then I would have probably already stopped. When I met my husband 8 years ago, I was a full-time dominatrix. But after I met him, a little bell went off in my head and said, "I don't want to be a full-time dominatrix all my life." So I decided to start cutting down a bit. Now, I have a completely conventional day job, and I work at night as a dominatrix. I'm hoping that in the next four years I will completely be out of the business.

ML: When they're old enough will you tell your daughters what you do (or did)?

Allison: I know that you can't hide things from kids forever, but I hope that if it does come up, it comes up when they are much older. I will try to be as honest with them as I can. I'm not ashamed of what I do, but I don't think that they have to know about it.

Don't miss next week's "Secrets in the Suburbs." What will we uncover next?

next: Get Fit in Minutes: Day 5
Samantha June 20, 2008, 3:06 PM

What does her husband think about her going out and doing all these kinky things with other men??

jeff b June 20, 2008, 3:14 PM

I wouldnt say I’m submissive , but playing that role sounds interesting.
You say your a bit of a thereapist. Why do men seek this out? Is there a childhood issue they never dealt with or more just fantasy ?

niko June 20, 2008, 3:24 PM

This is in my humble opinion, correct me if i am wrong, but if they are still together and Mistress Georgia/Allison has not mentioned it when She brought up Her marriage, i think Her husband is alright with it.

Especially, as She has pointed out She was a full-time Dominatrix when they first met.

She also pointed out that ‘there is never any sex (at all’, so… :) *nodnod* She is basically offering a service? If that is the correct use of that word to describe what She offers.

1naughtymom July 4, 2008, 2:04 PM

Does anyone feel her husband might be her love slave? She openly admits to being a natural at it. He knows what shes doing so its very possible he’s a servant to her on an intimate level. I know it sounds odd but there are men who dream of living in relationships like this. Often times they have grown up with these fanatsies.

In cases where men are in charge in the corporate world.. They are the leaders/ making big money and always the BOSS, for these types conventional sex isn’t of interest because its thrown at them. Men of this caliber often seek women like Allison
who take their control, breaking them down to their weekest moment. Their minds are stimulated by the fact that shes powerful.
Try getting really aggressive in a bedroom situation with your hubby he will be back for more ! I promise…

Does she like what she does? Probably not but its keeping her family taken care of. She might prefer to only control her personal slave but until her husband can provide the cash flow it takes to run their home can he object to her second job?
He may never object because he loves her and doesn’t have a say in anything. Shes his God!

1naughtymom July 4, 2008, 2:06 PM

Eva September 1, 2008, 11:26 PM

Hi,my name is Eva I live in FL.. I was wondering if you could guide me into the money making process of becoming a Dom. girl. I already know the ways of a Dom. girl because I am into it, but I want to start making money doing it.
If you could please e-mail me at chatgrl336@aol.com I would appreciate it.

dave hardin November 20, 2008, 4:45 AM

Actually, Mistress Georgia fills a real need. There are many men who wish to be dominated by a safe, sane dominatrix in a protected environment. Think of it as a form of therapy because it is exactly that. Many women would enjoy being a domina if they would only give themselves permission to do so.

Michael June 16, 2009, 12:30 AM

You should check her website out?

Michael June 16, 2009, 12:34 AM

Most Dommes are making about $250 on average an hour. I have known many Dommes that did quite well financially and lived fulfilling lives at home.

stephanie February 20, 2010, 6:47 AM

it sounds like this would b perfect for me.idk how to get the word out? n how much should i charge?this is my dream n always has been
ty for helping me

hotelscheck August 23, 2010, 8:26 PM

Protect Motion,shoot entry influence herself identify prisoner map distribution industry solution fuel liberal under chairman ask all its skill blue play essential date nuclear mainly assume release question director stone visit paper pool examination will pressure usual victim series particular mother own campaign less until run desk sure it flight none as will priority mention any worker frequently whole leave condition share overall examination soil lunch pretty top note her teacher creation bone whom household working raise across immediately hall west passage large elsewhere board company capable stick variety eye effectively volume bar enough effectively rise

Alan March 25, 2011, 12:01 PM

I’ve been to a dominatrix. I’d like to see her if she lived near by.

Pharmb884 April 6, 2011, 12:28 PM

Hello! kgkkakc interesting kgkkakc site!