Secrets in the Suburbs: We're Swingers

Momlogic peeks over the fence to show you the racy stuff that might be going on in your own neighborhood.

The new CBS primetime drama Swingtown brings the wild '70s trend of key parties and wife-swapping to the masses. But is this a thing of the past, or does it really still go on behind closed doors?

Momlogic investigated and found Tara, 28, who has been married to James, 36, for three years and has a 2-year-old son. Here's what they had to say about being swingers.

tara_and_james230.jpg

ML: How long have you been swinging?

Tara: James and I have been swinging off and on for nearly six years. We dated three years prior to getting married.

ML: What does swinging mean?

Tara: Swinging to us means "playing" as a couple with another couple. We meet compatible couples for drinks, so we can chat about things. Within the first couple hours, we know if they are a couple we want to have sex with.

ML: What was your first swinging experience like?

Tara: We had a threesome--including James, myself and another man, and that led to swinging with other couples. The first time was OK, but it continued to get better every single time.

ML: How does the swing lifestyle work when you have children?

Tara: Well, it's very hard to find other swinging couples who have children, but once you do, it's a plus, because we can all relate to something other than just sex--we become friends as well.

ML: What do you do with your son when you have couples over?

Tara: He's at a babysitter's house.

ML: Do you plan on being open about your lifestyle with your son?

Tara: Yes, absolutely! As soon as he is an adult, we will be open with him. We are also OK with him choosing the same type of lifestyle as long as he knows it's not an everyday thing.

While Tara and James appear happy with their decision, if you're a suburban couple craving some variety--beware! Most of the couples we talked with made it very clear trying to replace a bad sex life and/or relationship with swinging is not healthy, and is a sure-fire way to end your relationship.

If you would like to share your "Secret in the Suburbs" with momlogic, click here. Next Friday, we'll get a peek inside the life of a neighborhood mother of twins who moonlights as a "mominatrix."

next: Who's Your Celeb Baby Daddy?
Dietroly November 20, 2009, 8:08 PM

This is the welcome page for the dietguidance.us Association web site.

Inferno January 18, 2010, 4:04 PM

It is funny to me how people attack on the grounds of moral or religious reasons.
Who couldn’t be attacked on those grounds for one aspect or another of their lives.
Like the people who use the bible as grounds to be monogamous.
Read the bible and it turns out the first person you lay with is your spouse for life…. after that you are in SIN!
It’s o.k. however as most churches don’t pay attention to that part.

At least the hypocrisy rate is lower with swingers. It requires a certain level of honesty with oneself and the spouse to be involved in the swinging lifestyle.

juliejvargas July 27, 2010, 1:34 AM

ya you are right,You can find many swingers in every country or area. Adult swingers do not care about physical boundaries. Most adult fantasies about other men or women. if you want to learn more click here…..http://bit.ly/cDsZaw

juliejvargas July 27, 2010, 1:41 AM

You can find many swingers in every country or area. Adult swingers do not care about physical boundaries. Most adult fantasies about other men or women. Who does not want to spice up your sex life? Do visit these places? The answer is no, do not travel here and there to meet swingers. to learn more click here…….http://bit.ly/cDsZaw

MsPhotogLady August 28, 2010, 5:34 PM

I’m really to be finally posting online after all these years. There really is no mystery about it, is there? I just dropped by your blog and had to write something. I’m a recent college grad, journalism major if you must know, and I love photography. I’ve got my website up but it’s nothing to brag about yet. None of my stuff’s been posted. Soon as I figure out how to do that, I’ll spend the day posting my best shots. anyways just thought I’d drop a line. I hope to return with more substantial stuff, stuff you can actually use. SPG

CHARLESDEVIN December 29, 2010, 3:37 PM