Trista Responds to Divorce Rumors

Is there any truth to the rumors? Trista spoke to momlogic...

Last night, we were shocked when we received a Google Alert that "Trista and Ryan divorce" was one of the top 10 searches on the Internet in the 11 o'clock hour. Could it be true? To find out, momlogic went straight to the source: Trista herself!

The first Bachelorette told us, "There is no validity to the rumors on the internet insinuating that Ryan and I are divorcing. We are perfectly, 100% happy, and divorce has never been a topic of conversation and never will be."

The Sutters met on ABC's dating show The Bachelorette, which premiered in January 2003. They were married on December 6, 2003, and 26 million people tuned in to watch the three-episode special, Trista & Ryan's Wedding. They have one son, Maxwell Alston, who was born July 26, 2007. And now we have confirmation that there will be no Trista & Ryan's Divorce special...ever!

trista_sutter_family.jpg
Click on an image to view the Ryan Sutter Exclusive Gallery!

next: Child Actor Attended AA Meetings
Anonymous June 4, 2008, 3:29 PM

I hope they don’t get divorced. It seems like they are out of the spotlight so maybe they actually have a chance.

gigi June 4, 2008, 4:08 PM

her show was on VH1 yesterday. The entire series with the wedding. It ran from 11:00am to 11:00pm. That probably was how the rumor got started. They have always appeared to be in it for the long haul. She moved to Colorado where there isn’t much of a spotlight to live in.

brent June 5, 2008, 3:11 PM

I hope it is true that Ryan finally wised up enough to leave her. She is an airhead and has no substance, is obsessed with money for doing nothing, and is extremely unattractive to boot. If Ryan has a clue - he’ll see that he is being used to get more and more “free stuff” and because he was the only man she could control because he’s soft, that’s not a relationship. that’s just sad. so, hopefully he has seen the light and has left her. It would make us other men actually respect him for standing up for not being used instead of think less of him for being wimpy

molly June 5, 2008, 3:37 PM

i think he should leave her too. everybody does. but they are not going to divorce you know why? because every other man on earth has a spine so she would not be able to control any other man the way she does with him and then dellude herself into thinking it’s love when really its her controlling him. and he is just so thrilled that a woman is interested in him that he lets her control him. They are not poster-people for love, they are models of what is sad when you let your ego blow up. Plus, she wont get divorced because that would mean she would have to actually get a job instead of giggling about how no man can please her as her sole way of earning income

shannon June 5, 2008, 3:47 PM

i’m sick of seeing them on momlogic and everywhere else that I USED to enjoy reading. Trista - go get a job - talking endlessly about wanting to get pregnant, then being pregnant and then post-pregnancy is not all there is to life. I agree with the other articles that you need a kick in the head when it comes to priorities. Ryan - do me and my friends and all our husbands a favor and set an example that a woman can’t act like an airhead to get a free wedding, you brought a kid into it now. Leave her, she deserves to be alone for the greedy immoral way she has acted

sheila June 5, 2008, 3:51 PM

do you guys ever notice that ryan has never ever said anything in these articles - i thought the one was funny where trista kept blabbing relentlessly and annoying as ever and there were always like two words at the end where it would say “Ryan added…” it’s ridiculous. He hasn’t even commented on these latest rumors because she is too busy running that annoying mouth of hers. that overbite of hers is ugly too. maybe she’s trying to work it out so much so her top lip comes back. !!

Anonymous June 5, 2008, 7:55 PM

so why are people reporting that they’re heading for divorce when she obviously is saying they’re not. damn media

Susan June 6, 2008, 6:30 AM

1) WHEN YOU TRY TO VOTE “DISAGREE” ON OTHERS’ COMMENTS, IT COMES UP AS AGREE!!

2) These entertainment articles are getting ridiculous. When someone says there will never be talk of a divorce, well, that’s the truth.

3) I tried to watch The Bachelorette reruns this week but had to change the station because Trista kept saying “…with Ryan and I.” How can these producers keep letting segments air without correcting their starts grammatically? I’ve even seen this in movies today! “Ryan and I” is used correctly above, but not throughout the show. Check out a grammar book, or ASK SOMEONE SMART!

Susan June 6, 2008, 7:07 AM

That comment from Susan is not what I wrote

Susan June 6, 2008, 7:08 AM

I think they are really in love. I watched them meet and I believe it’s true love. Good luck to them and the baby.

Barb June 6, 2008, 7:35 AM

I’m glad the rumors are not true - Trista and Ryan gave hope to Americans that there really is true love and respect and that even though couples may have differences, they are willing to work it out.

They are an example for young couples today!

Julie June 6, 2008, 7:44 AM

Who cares if they stay married or not? Don’t you all have relationships of your own to figure out?

Granny Annie June 6, 2008, 8:09 AM

It looks as though Ryan is more involved
with his son than w. Trysta.

Michele June 6, 2008, 8:29 AM

Well I dont know whats going on in their marriage, obviously, since I dont know them personally. What I do know though, from watching them on tv, is that she is annoying, especially her voice.

Jcovert2849 June 6, 2008, 8:45 AM

To Susan: In case you didn’t know, you have been watching re-runs and what is said can’t be changed….it’s not “LIVE” you know! One other thing, it’s “stars”…..not “starts” Ask someone smart!

Ian June 6, 2008, 9:11 AM

they will get divorced when they have been out of the limelight for a while, and want back in it.

mark elliott June 6, 2008, 9:18 AM

Who cares about Trista & Ryan. I’m watcing Robin Mead on CNN and god is she eatable. I could spend a month with my face buried in her lap. This is the first time I’ve seen her and I’ll be watching every morning now. Not only is she hot, she’s funny and smart too. There’s nothing like good food and stimulating conversation while you eat and she is definately the meal.

Anonymous June 6, 2008, 9:24 AM

They are SO annoying. Can we divorce them??

Dashie June 6, 2008, 9:39 AM

Who the hell really cares one way or another? Keeping up with other peoples lives doesn’t do a positive thing for mine. If it paid one or two of my bills then yes it would be worth some read time but since it doesn’t….. I have to focus on much more important aspects of life like GASSING up my SUV every week.

Sam June 6, 2008, 9:43 AM

Don’t these celebrity people always say the rumors are 100% not true and then a month later they are fighting in divorce court???