Trista Responds to Divorce Rumors

Is there any truth to the rumors? Trista spoke to momlogic...

Last night, we were shocked when we received a Google Alert that "Trista and Ryan divorce" was one of the top 10 searches on the Internet in the 11 o'clock hour. Could it be true? To find out, momlogic went straight to the source: Trista herself!

The first Bachelorette told us, "There is no validity to the rumors on the internet insinuating that Ryan and I are divorcing. We are perfectly, 100% happy, and divorce has never been a topic of conversation and never will be."

The Sutters met on ABC's dating show The Bachelorette, which premiered in January 2003. They were married on December 6, 2003, and 26 million people tuned in to watch the three-episode special, Trista & Ryan's Wedding. They have one son, Maxwell Alston, who was born July 26, 2007. And now we have confirmation that there will be no Trista & Ryan's Divorce special...ever!

trista_sutter_family.jpg
Click on an image to view the Ryan Sutter Exclusive Gallery!

next: Child Actor Attended AA Meetings
Michael June 6, 2008, 12:44 PM

Why is their marriage pathetic? They met on TV via an entertaining reality show and now Trista is just setting the record straight on a rumor that’s floating around. That’s it. What’s so terrible?

Bobcheesedoodle June 6, 2008, 12:52 PM

Trista has been carrying on with Flavor Flav. DNA tests have shown the baby is Flavs. That’s pretty obvious from the picture.

lin June 6, 2008, 12:56 PM

Probably she made up story to drum up publicity and to get the spotlight on them. But who knows for sure? I do wish them well especially for their baby’s sake. I have no reason to wish them anthing bad nor do I envy them. I am lucky enough to still be with my first and only love, and have been married thirty years!

BUTTON June 6, 2008, 12:57 PM

PEOPLE WHO ARE UNHAPPY FOR ANY REASON WANT EVERYONE TO BE UNHAPPY ! ! LEAVE THE POOR COUPLE ALONE. THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE!

Cheryl June 6, 2008, 12:59 PM

My husband died 14 years ago…..true love…married 2 other times after that… 2nd marriage…he snorted my paycheck…3rd marriage…well, my mother in law said it all, the third time is the charm. guess what, it doesn’t matter what we think, it matters how the people involved feel. We don’ t truly know that, so who are we to judge? I hope they make it. We are in it for the long haul!!!!

Lyndsey June 6, 2008, 1:00 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me if she started the rumor herself. They are media hounds & need the constant attention. Their 15 minutes are soooo over….no one really cares anymore, if they ever did to begin with!

Shelia June 6, 2008, 1:00 PM

FYI - Pauline

Carl June 6, 2008, 1:04 PM

7 month baby??

jan June 6, 2008, 1:11 PM

2008 Bachelor Matt picks Actress Shane - now what is going on between them>

zombie June 6, 2008, 1:29 PM

Hey Carl did you flunk math? According to the article, they were married Dec 26, 2003 and the babay was born July 26, 2007. Last time I checked that’s 3 years and 7 months.

Jules June 6, 2008, 1:39 PM

Lindsey says she doesn’t care and yet she takes time to read the story and comment. Sounds like celebrity envy to me!

sheila June 6, 2008, 4:50 PM

Whoever wrote about “celebrity envy”. Here’s a newsflash - you have to do SOMETHING instead of annoy people to be considered a celebrity. She is a nobody, and I agree with the others that because she doesn’t have a job or anything else for that matter - and she wanted more stuff she decided to come up with a new rumor of divorce just so her name would be in the paper again and she could make money on interviews. You have to remember she is not some sweet person - that’s just what you’re buying into obviously that she wanted you to believe. If you watched the original show you’d know she’s obsessed with money and said on the bachelor that she wanted a million dollars and lots of money and more presents. But because everybody paid attention to the 2nd show and not the 1st one she thought she could get away with saying she never said that. She is shallow. She said people’s houses and apts were too small. I’m sure she had a mansion when she was single - she was paind that $1million to get married. So, dont give props to people that represent nothing but greed and emptiness

Broom June 7, 2008, 8:58 AM

Went to my 10 year class reunion. I told another person to watch three different couples trying SO hard to show everyone how in love they are. I bet him $5 that at least two of those three couples would be divorced by reunion 15. Just got back from my 15 year reunion. All three were divorced. This moronic couple driven by we-are-the-worlds-greatest-couple-watch-meeeeeeeee is so obviously in trouble. That insecure narrcistic fool and her loser husband have a foot out the divorce door. I will bet anyone $5.

Michael June 7, 2008, 6:01 PM

It is so pathetic that so many people want to bash everything that is out there. I really did not care for the program, but to spread gossip about them is going below WS on the Oceans floor.

EDWARD June 8, 2008, 9:47 AM

IS THERE ANY REAL WOMEN OUT THERE ?? EDWARDAPPLET@AOL.COM

meredith June 13, 2008, 2:42 PM

momlogic please stop covering her. She’s shallow - just like the bachelors said. I respect momlogic but please….the number one priority after you have a baby is not to find ways to get rid of him so you can go work out so you can get laid. that’s exactly what trista said in an interview with us weekly is you search it. that’s not the message we want to send out to mothers, she represents herself only who is a self-absorbed insecure person. I am a size 2 so I dont need to hear her boast constantly about nothing. Of course I worked out after my children but it wasn’t what I talked about 24/7 like she does. My priority was to take care of my children - not “get rid of them so I could get laid”. Please correct your role models and stop covering trista.

GW June 16, 2008, 9:03 PM

Every so often she pops up because she craves attention. She’s famous for being famous. Had enough.

wow June 18, 2008, 3:45 PM

I guess this site has no moderators. Seriously, these people have done nothing to elicit such hate. It’s sad to think these are really mothers responding to this. If it bothers you so much, go elsewhere and don’t seek it out. They are hurting nobody. They are far more famous than YOU that is for sure.

kaRA July 11, 2008, 2:00 AM

Do ppl have better things 2 do than talk aBOUT trista

tinamarie March 4, 2009, 7:00 PM

trista and ryan are for real, none of the rest of the bach/lettes seem to be able to make it, i guess they just want to be stars ;-}