Victoria's Dirty Little Secret

Vuv-A-Licious Mom: A California woman is suing Victoria's Secret, claiming she suffered permanent damage to her cornea. The perpetrator: a pair of panties.

vicoria_secret_suit270.jpg

Marcrida Patterson, 52, saysshe was trying on the Victoria's Secret undergarment when ametallic embellishment attached to a thong popped off and hit her in the eye. Now she wants the company to pay.

I have many questions as a consumer, woman, and attorney.

Was she putting the thing on her head? Practicing yoga in the dressing room? Why was she trying on a g-string? I didn't realize people tried on thongs, and I am traumatized by the news.

This is a "products liability" case alleging the g-string was defective. I must ask her attorney, defective for what purpose? Should the product have a label that says, "Do not attempt to wear as a hat"? "This product was not created for use as a slingshot"? "Do not attempt to put g-string on at lightning speeds that will cause jewels to ricochet in your face"?

I don't get it. This Vuv thinks this is just taking "litigious-ness" to new levels and the plaintiff, Ms. Patterson, should simplify her life by dropping the suit and either dropping the panties or choosing less-adorned ones.

By Leslie Adler of thevuvclub.com

next: Moms Are Talking About...
SugarPlumFairy June 19, 2008, 2:53 PM

Like I said, unless she was trying on the thong backwards and peeking in her crotch, I have no idea how it popped in her eye.

AnonymousOne June 19, 2008, 4:22 PM

Another example of a frivolous lawsuit.

cmj June 20, 2008, 10:22 AM

Gosh I sure hate it when my underwear beats me up.

What a ridiculous case.

Anonymous June 20, 2008, 3:26 PM

Maybe underwear should now come with instructions like my bluetooth headset did.

Zak June 21, 2008, 5:05 AM

It would be my guess that VS only makes panties so big. She was prob try’n to get her fat A$$ into something she shouldn’t even think about. My ex wife wore many things from VS and other lingeri items, and she never had a problem with things fly’n off and hitting anything esp her eyes. Heck at times we even tore them off very fast and they were still intact. This is just some stupid lawsuit.

Ash July 1, 2008, 6:17 AM

me my mom my brother and my dad were making fun of her in Denny’s how stupid is this case? i mean come on.. she’s 52 :\ thats kinda old for a woman to wear a thong in my opinion and wtf? how the hell could she have been hit in the eye? my mom says they don’t even have metallic embellishment on their thongs ahaha w/e i can’t stop laughing at this. She’s going to lose the case. (:

guessitbitch November 13, 2008, 9:32 PM

lol i was laughing so hard at this case.
my cousin first told me about it and i looked it up
she’s 52 i cant believe she would still wear a thong her wrinkles probabaly cover the entire thong plus i didnt know there was metal stuff on thongs o.0 and howd it fly up and smack her eye

Anonymous December 4, 2008, 11:59 AM

This case just presents a horrible mental picture.