Like this story?

Michelle Obama on Hannah Montana and Toned Arms

Thursday, July 31, 2008
filed under: celebrity
  Momlogic asked our next First Lady 20 questions and we found out everything from what her kids watch on TV to what she finds surprising about the spotlight.
1. What's the biggest lesson your mother taught you? Growing up, my mother always taught me to work hard to achieve my dreams and to never let anyone tell me that I couldn't do something. It's definitely the most valuable lesson I've learned, and Barack and I work to instill that same confidence and sense of self into our girls each day.

2. Everyone notices your toned arms. What's your workout regimen? That's so flattering! I go to the gym three times a week, as often as I can really. I work with a fabulous trainer for about an hour each session. We do a lot of cardio and weight training. For me, exercise is more than just physical -- it's therapeutic.

3. What's the family's favorite movie and TV show to watch together? When it comes to family TV and movie time, what the girls say goes. We love to watch The Incredibles, Shrek, Harry Potter and Hannah Montana together. But the girls will tell you, they only get an hour of television time each day -- after their homework is finished. Thankfully, they're great little readers. Barack and the girls have read every single Harry Potter book out loud together.

4. How do you keep your girls grounded with all of this going on around them? Well, we're lucky that they're at an age where they really don't care about what's going on with the campaign back and forth. Of course they ask questions, but when they walk through the door at night, they don't want to know how my day was. They'd much rather talk about school, soccer, or the latest birthday party invitation. Those two do a great job keeping us grounded.

5. When you met the Senator, did you know he was destined for big things? When Barack and I first met, I was instantly drawn to his strong set of values and morals. His compassion, empathy, and dedication to his work in the community were his most attractive qualities. I knew he was brilliant and could follow any career path of his choosing, but I never imagined that he'd end up running for the presidency.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

michelle_obama_gallery_extended.jpg
Michelle Obama on Hannah Montana and Toned Arms

previous: Back to School: Hoochie Style
next: Children of Divorce Survey - COPPA

filed under: celebrity

12 comments so far | Post a comment now >>

Wow, it’s kind of cool to see a different perspective of Michelle. I really enjoyed this!
- Lucy
Posted 07/31/08 11:16 AM

awesome - great interview
- erica
Posted 07/31/08 12:05 PM

This really changed my views on her and Barack. She seems like an everyday, strong woman who just happens to be in the spotlight. Thanks for this!
- Anonymous
Posted 07/31/08 12:20 PM

how great is she!
- Anonymous
Posted 07/31/08 03:55 PM

She seems totally cool. I’m impressed. She has really got it together. Nice to hear about good, happy families.
- foxymama
Posted 07/31/08 06:19 PM

I think a mother who exposes her children to a hate-filled church like TUCC and says her daughters love Snoop Dogg is a poor excuse for a parent.
- Denise
Posted 07/31/08 09:57 PM

Speaking of parenting, I was listening to a radio show of an old clip of Obama saying his at the time 3 year old’s favorite rap song was Drop It Like It’s Hot. Since the B word is in it, ho, the F word, and on and on, I found this extremely disappointing. 3 years old?? Especially since in light of the latest Ludicous “scandal” he says he would never let his daughters listen to him. But Snoop Dog is no better, in fact he may be worse. What kind of parents are they? This is about as disturbing as Katie Couric admitting the other day that her 11 year old loves Sex & The City. Geeeze.
- Anonymous
Posted 08/01/08 05:46 AM

Typical political wife stuff. I don’t believe a word of it except the fact that she loves her family. Her thesis from college speaks volumes to me…not this politically spun pre-written tripe. It will take a lot of actual action in the future from her to make me believe she isn’t a racist and a general malcontent by nature of which she has demonstrated herself in the past to be by her work in college and people she chose to be around before all the political hubbub.
- Sylena
Posted 08/05/08 10:53 AM

- Sylena
Posted 08/05/08 10:55 AM

Woah! No one wud say negatives about emselves
- Tish
Posted 08/09/08 05:03 PM

Woah! No one wud say negatives about emselves
- Tish
Posted 08/09/08 05:03 PM

she is coco coco coco coco, and WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Anonymous
Posted 11/04/08 06:18 PM
  remember me?

Avoid clicking “Post” more than once.

resources
experts guides
bloggers staff
newsletter videos
games twitter

Win jewelry every day till Mother’s Day!
Enter Here

Win jewelry every day till Mother’s Day!

enter here

community

Join the Momlogic community!

momlogic community logo

Enter without joining

coupons       More special offers     momsview coupons

Tiny Love Chimes Recall