52% of Women Have Had Sex with Other Women's Husbands

Our series, Who's Sleeping with Your Husband?, definitely created some heated conversations at home and among women. But it's the results of our survey that really have people talking.

women_cheating270.jpg

We polled over 3300 women and discovered...

52% of women have had sex with a married man: Momlogic contributor Shannon Fox says one of the reasons women will sleep with a married man is because women tend to be very competitive. "If they can get a man who's committed to someone else, they take it as a win."

81% of women have been approached romantically or sexually by a married man: Dr. Fox points out that 60% of married men cheat--and the 40% who don't cheat aren't likely to be in the bar or places where these women are being hit on. If a married man is determined to cheat, he's apt to go to a bar to pick up a woman or-- more commonly now--on the Internet.

Only 12% of women felt guilty about cheating, and only a shocking 5% always used a condom: "I would suspect people who cheat with a married man often have been cheated on themselves," Dr. Fox says. "It's their way of getting back at men who hurt them. They also blame the wife for not giving her man what he needs--it's their way of justifying it."

What's your man telling (or not telling) these women to get them in the sack?

• 19% of women were told by the man that his wife wouldn't have sex with him anymore

• 22% say the man never even told them he was married

And it's not the young, hot thing who has her eyes on your husband:

• 4% of women were 18-25 when they slept with a married man.

• 7% were 26-35 when they slept with a married man.

• 13% were over 35 when they slept with a married man.

Why are they interested in your man?

• 18% said they did it for the "thrill"

• 11% of women have had sex with a married man because the sex was hotter than with her own partner or other guys

• 14% said the married man was more romantic than her partner or other guys (more romantic? Try marrying him--that'll stop.)

Of all the women we polled, 87% know someone who's had an affair with a married man, and 60% polled said they had considered it themselves.

So does this mean that your husband is destined to cheat and you have no control in preventing it? Dr. Fox says, "A marriage is a kind of living, breathing organism and you have to feed it every day--you have to take it for walks, you have to pay attention to it. It means that you value your relationship enough to make sure that it stays together."

This morning, momlogic's Shannon Fox appeared on the Today show to discuss our exclusive survey and pull back the curtain on infidelity and the women who sleep with married men.

next: Toddlers and Ice Cream Cones are a Lethal Combo
larry July 7, 2008, 9:24 AM

check this out fool. do you think she really loved you? maybe now’s your chance to find out. better sex huh? I hate you for what you have done. Sure hope this mess you’ve created has built your self esteem and your ego Mr Gigolo

Anonymous July 7, 2008, 12:58 PM

I know that men can be dogs but they can’t cheat without these sluts offering themselves up. You’d think women would have some sort of moral code with each other.

Sonny July 7, 2008, 1:52 PM

Hey if you want to classify yourself as a dog, be my guest. As a 36 yr old single male, I have been with many married women and ALL of them were in unhappy marriages; women in happy marriages don’t cheat. The wrinkle in all this is that there really are not many happy marriages, not that I have seen, which is why I plan to stay single. People have asked if I think about the husband and the answer is hell no, why should I?

Anonymous July 7, 2008, 2:05 PM

excuse me what about the moral code of men. it is ridiculous that a woman who cheats is a slut but a man is a dog. both sexes cheat. and for whatever reason that is it doesn’t automatically make a woman a slut. everyone including the wife/girlfriend being cheated on plays a role. stop being solely upset and the “other woman” or “other man”, your significant other messed up too by cheating.

Honor July 18, 2008, 1:00 PM

I don’t believe the statistic that 52% of women cheats with married men. Out of 100s of people in my circle, only one girlfriend cheats on her husband but with a single guy. This is disturbing statistic and should not be glorified if true.

Anonymous July 19, 2008, 1:59 AM

I really resent this notion that women go after married men to “win.” What a crock. I have never gone after a married man, but I’ve sure been pursued by a lot of them. People have affairs for a multitude of reasons, but I do agree that for the most part, people in happy relationships do not cheat. Affairs are the result of problems in the relationship, not the cause.

Anonymous July 19, 2008, 6:22 AM

fdfdjrfdsdjssjjedwswjjswywqueewqwqjuuwquuaqqyywqqytyewqquuwqyywwqqjiiwwuuwqqywuqyywwqauuywqqytyequyywwwqquuewwiewquwwiwqiewwqi17er5wqqttwqquuwquuaqyywqwquwuywwqquuewqiitrwqque4qquwwqquiewqudeuide18ew2qttwwwuuew2yurwqiswquuewueww2urew3uewwqyewie3wwqiuiewwiewiirewwwquuewquewquwqqu3wuwwuewwwii3ewwjiurwiiewwitwwwieiewwqyewqquyewqyewwiiutewwiirewwquewwiequwwquewqyyewquetwwqyewy8uewqye319dqqtwwue2qqysquequuwqhuywuywqiwq2uwwpoewqqi3eoewqieeeeeeeeeurwwwwwwwjwwwwwwirwwuewwiuwy

laura August 12, 2008, 11:37 PM

I agree with sonny, there are many people in the world in unhappy marriage, but when you have a family, you will have to make a choice! Most people stay for all the wrong reasons!”Trust me if you’re unhappy,” soon or later your kids pick up on it.

Carnal Attraction September 26, 2008, 5:28 AM

Sexual attraction is so strong that forces both sexes to get attracted to opposite sex. Who get opportunities get involved in the act. One loses opportunity is either incompetent or influenced by social fear. Sexual relationship many times fade in married life old and normal as freshness attractive actions fade as time passes. Human nature is such that they go for fresh and new attraction. Attraction is a force that influences to react; is a force that activates our body chemicals to react. Reaction of chemical is the instruction to essential body tool to act. Sexual attraction is force that incites us for sexual act.

mdk December 17, 2008, 10:37 AM

ive had sex with lots of married women

Anonymous December 2, 2009, 8:37 PM

These days I meet a lot of married women who cheat on their husbands but don’t call it cheating because they are sleeping with other women. They are “experimenting” or “just finding myself”. They would never dream of sleeping with another man but somehow sex with another woman is fine. Call it what it is! Cheating is cheating and more people cheat then are willing to admit. Some of us wont even tell our best friends.

Paulina March 16, 2010, 10:22 AM

I would never sleep with a married man, some one who is dating, or recently divorced/broke up…it never ends good. I have seen it happen to my friends over and over. Why not find a single guy? Just a smiple thought!

Anonymous October 26, 2010, 3:16 AM

single guys are not there,very few thats why iwill hook up with amarried man thaey know how to please awoman on the bed.christine