Pregnant Man Delivers

Yes, it actually happened--the "Pregnant Man" gave birth a three weeks ago. We've got the proof.

thomas_beatie-1.jpg

Susan Julliette, the first baby born to Thomas Beatie, a former beauty queen and transgender male, arrived June 29 at a whopping 9 lbs., 5 ozs. "Susan is a miracle!" Beatie gushed to People magazine. "We're finally the family we've been dreaming of," Beatie says in his first interview since giving birth.

And just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder... it seems Nancy, Thomas' wife, was his coach during labor and is doing the breast-feeding. OK, our brains are starting to hurt.

SO. FAKE. July 23, 2008, 7:43 PM

Okay…we GET IT: Thomas Beatie, though born a woman, NOW LIVES AS A MAN…but can you guys (the media) stop parading this like some REAL biological miracle?

THOMAS BEATIE WAS BORN A WOMAN AND DIDN’T ALTER A THING…SO REALLY…THIS BABY CAME FROM A WOMAN’S WOMB…LIKE ALL THE REST OF US.

Give it a rest already.

Jessi July 23, 2008, 9:39 PM

In agreement with So Fake. “He” was and still is a woman dressing as a man. Switch out the parts… uterus and all and then we’ll talk miracle.

Anonymous July 23, 2008, 9:53 PM

He’s a freak!

michelle July 23, 2008, 10:12 PM

If I cut my hair short, have breasts taken off and have a little facial hair, does that make me a man too?

marknark July 23, 2008, 11:11 PM

He’s a transgender which means, in his case, he is officially considered a man.

SOPHIA OSEI-OWUSU July 24, 2008, 7:20 AM

I BELIEVE A WOMAN BORN OF A MAN WHO HAS GONE UNDER PLASTIC SURGERY AND HAS COME OUT AS A MAN CAN STILL GIVE BIRTH UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHE STILL PRODUCES THE EGGS.

LeClara July 24, 2008, 7:39 AM

My problem with this is all the Media ATTENTION!
If you’re so hell-bent on doing somthing as Freakish as this, keep it to yourselves!
Makes me think this whole plan evolved around financial gain!
If so, you should be ASHAMED!

Yeah Yeah July 24, 2008, 8:10 AM

I also agree with so fake, “He” still has a vagina,ovaries,fallopian tubes….you get the picture. When a real man with a penis gives birth than that’s worth reporting. The baby is beautiful though.

Keith July 24, 2008, 8:54 AM

They said it, the Media MAKING a big deal over this! Whats to bad is the child growing up,is the child going to be teased? Your Mom/dad is a freak! I remember when I was a kid and the
“Test Tube” baby was the thing,kids teasing, “your a test tube baby”.
What are they going to call this child?
The poor kid….

Sbrown July 24, 2008, 9:44 AM

I am so GLAD I’m not the only normal person on the planet who is not intrigued to no end by this! Why is the media so DUMB?!?!? Let me know when an actual male-born human being carries a baby without a uterus and squeezes it out his “member”!! Then, we’ll talk!

Lulu July 24, 2008, 10:56 AM

Officially he is a woman… not a man, no matter WHAT he calls himself or herself. She has a uterus, was born a woman. She may “feel” better as a man, but her parts are female. That makes you officially a woman.
This is crap. There is no miracle other than the original miracle of life taking place here… women have babies… that is their biological priveledge. Dress and act like a man, its still a woman’s body and biological happenings.
The only story here is how deprived mankind has become.

LIZ July 24, 2008, 11:17 AM

Why do the media always take things out of proportion and why not stay on the facts besides we will never deceive nature or the power of life. So, Mr. Beatie made a choice to become a man fine but that does not mean he was born a man so why claim a miracle! We will never deceive GOD.

Anonymous July 24, 2008, 11:21 AM

This is not a miracle..the only reason SHE is legally considered a “Man” is because SHE took test testosterone. In my mind our love judicial system are the ones who have a few screws loose, SHE should not be considered a man until SHE has the parts of a man - not just because certain hormones were taking. I can slab some facial hair on and dress like a man and if I give birth does that make it a miracle??? NO. Amazing how gay people can’t get married legally in this country but yet we can have this …..

Miranda July 24, 2008, 11:23 AM

I agree with Keith, this poor child, she’s going to catch a lot of teasing. And can you imagine what it is going to do to her mentally? This is very sick and wrong, and the “parents” didn’t think of her at all, very selfish!!!!!

Lee July 24, 2008, 11:26 AM

ADding to my last comment ..”MarkNark” just because he is transgender does not offically make him a man - anyone can be a transgender - here is the definition, since you obivously do not know it: “a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser” ..according to taht all he is a cross dresser, not a transsexual since she still has female body parts…like i mentioned only reason she is considered a man is because she took a hormone.

Mel July 24, 2008, 12:02 PM

I feel sorry for the baby. Who knows what the buildup of all of that testosterone (and other drugs she/he took to LOOK like a man) did to the baby while she was growing ?? I think it is irresponsible when they really don’t know what the later effects for this poor child might be. There are so many babies the world over who need to be adopted. Why mess with taking a chance on birth defects just to carry your own baby? I think it could be very dangerous for this child, or her children later on.

Unidentified July 24, 2008, 2:26 PM

Why is it so sad? Because the baby is being raised by a mother and father that will love and take care of her?!! Thats alot more than some other babies get!! I agree that is not a miracle, because he is still female in “parts.” Just had her breasts cut off and took hormone treatments. But it will still be her DAD! Doesn’t mean that it’s not a miracle to them!!!I do have a question though?! How is the mom breast feeding?

Anonymous July 24, 2008, 2:55 PM

I wouldn’t like to be in that man-woman’s shoes on jugdment day!

Winde July 24, 2008, 4:51 PM

This is very kewl, you all need to let this family worry about the what ifs and what may or may not happen down the road, to them this baby is a miracle ,

savannah July 25, 2008, 9:42 AM

I understand what So.Fake is saying. but for Thomas Beatie “he” is a man… I have many transgender friends and I don’t care to know who they were/are whatever they’re comfortable as is what they are to me. I only wonder how “he” got pregnant since he’s with a woman, why not have the wife carry the baby… unless like other people are saying it was just for money or media attention.