Miley Apologizes for Mean Girl Video

But do you think the teen role model is really sorry?

Miley Cyrus apologizes to Popstar magazine for the video she posted on YouTube mocking teen rival Selena Gomez. She claims she was "kind of supporting" Gomez's YouTube channel, and also implies Elvis made her do it. Huh? Listen to the audio and see if you can figure it out.

Check out the video she's apologizing for, where Miley and her web co-star Mandy mocked Selena and her BFF Demi Lovato, the star of Camp Rock, below:

What do you think of Miley's apology?

next: Sexism Is Worse Than Racism
Anonymous July 28, 2008, 11:16 AM

Every day there is something new with this girl! When will she just STOP? (Love the drama though.)

Anonymous July 28, 2008, 12:34 PM

I mean, COME ON. She is “supporting her channel”. Give me a BREAK, Miley.

Full of It July 28, 2008, 1:43 PM

Wow, even her lies sound stupid. I would’ve respected her more if she just admitted she acted out because of whatever instead of trying to spin it into something it really isn’t.

Heather  July 28, 2008, 2:59 PM

Does it really matter? You’ve got two sets of kids goofing off with webcams—if one teen celeb wants to trash another one, there’s worse things she can do than to put up a cheesy video on youtube. Unfortunately, there are people who will cast Miley with a negative stigma for being immature while she was probably sleep deprived and hopped up on redbull. She’s a teenager—c’mon! Hasn’t everyone done or said something stupid that they later wish they hadn’t done? At least she’s not out boozing and wrecking cars.

Janette July 28, 2008, 4:30 PM

Heather…Give Miley a couple years…she’ll probably end up boozing and wrecking cars as many a fallen teen idol has before (Britney, Lindsay,*shudder* Paris…)

This is why these girls ARE NOT role models!

Leah July 29, 2008, 1:27 PM

Kids will be kids.

Selena and Demi act …well, they’re out there. I think they act as if they’re asking for it anyway.

I don’t blame Miley and her friend for having fun with it.

I admit it, I giggled!

Anonymous August 13, 2008, 1:38 AM

Her pathetic apology was probably given because of a pathetic outcry of her making fun of the other girls. Why shouldn’t she? Their video had nothing that did not deserve being poked at. It was a completely immature video and a waste, and while Miley’s is also immature and a waste, why doesn’t anyone get upset that people even put out such junk!

Anonymous September 28, 2008, 7:31 PM

miley is so pathetic why don’t she fired already she worse than brittney spears -_- i like selena and demi better they act more professional than miley she’s a horrible lier i think she needs acting and a sing lessons

Alex December 26, 2009, 11:51 AM

C’mon people! She’s a KID! Besides, I bet her mama spanked her for making the video. That’s probably why she apologized.

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 8:12 PM

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing just a little analysis on this. And he the truth is purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If attainable, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with more details? It’s highly helpful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog post!

Mahala May 21, 2011, 5:11 PM

This forum needed sahikng up and you’ve just done that. Great post!

Jaelyn May 22, 2011, 12:51 PM

Good point. I hadn’t toguhht about it quite that way. :)