The Vuv Club Tests Fit Flops

Vuv-A-Licious Mom says: A review about the part of our body that we moms love to hate: our butts.

fitflops1.jpg

Do you ever feel like your ass has a life of it's own?  You know, it's like your legs seem to be moving forward -- yet your caboose feels like it's going left to right?  If you can relate then, you understand that when someone offered me a shoe that promises to improve my ass, I agreed to wear it all day and to sleep.  And when MomLogic.com offered enough pairs for all my Vuvs to wear gluteus maximus lifting shoes around for a while, I anxiously accepted on behalf of all their sweet cabooses.

Weeks later, we want to tell you what we think of Fit Flops.

Me, first.  I love my Fit Flops!!! I have no idea whether they are lifting or shaping or whether some physiologist will attest that I am getting a workout while I walk and I do not care.  This is the most comfortable flip flop I have ever worn and I am in the market for a second pair in a different style.

Tammy said, "Love my flops...the most comfortable ever...kind of like the Escalade of flip flops.  Very sturdy, supportive and almost keep you from tripping.  My ass is still the size of Texas so NO I don't think they are working out anything, but I don't care.  I'm starting to see them all over.  They are becoming a fashionista's must have commuting shoe.  Thanks for giving them to me.  I am going to buy another pair in black."

Michelle gave them a rave as well.  "I definitely think that Fit Flops are way more comfortable than ordinary flip flops. I wear them to commute everyday and constantly get compliments on them. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I definitely feel something going on with the muscles in my legs and butt and it's not just from the gym. They say you don't know what someone else's life is like until you've walked a mile in their shoes, but if their shoes happen to be Fit Flops, I at least know they have happy feet."

Donna, a Vuv of few words, said: "Very comfortable, but I don't think I am giving up my workouts.  I don't believe it's as easy to get a great ass as they say (unless surgery comes with the Fit Flops).

Sheri had this to say about Fit Flops: After receiving my stylish pair of Fit-Flops and reading thru the promotional tags attached, all I thought was, "What a bunch of crap, but hey, a free pair of shoes for the summer."  Then I remembered that Oprah featured them in her "favorite summer things" show, and I wondered, how bad can they be?  Well, not only were they very, very comfortable and make you feel like you are walking on clouds, but for some unexplainable reason, the backs of my legs hurt the day after I wear them.  I'm definitely not getting a cardio workout (I only exercise with a heart-rate monitor, so I know how many calories I've burned), but I must be doing something right!  Does it come in a Fit-Stomach toner as well?"

Finally Sweet Sue said, "I wear them everyday, but because I am convinced I am losing weight while walking, I am eating twice as much.  Doubling up on calories and adding summer cocktails to your diet is not a good idea, but at least I am walking comfortably in my Fit Flops."

Thevuvclub thinks every one should own a pair.  Buy 'em for yourself, buy 'em for your Vuvs.

For more diet and fitness stories, click here.

next: Moms Are Talking About...
Marge July 28, 2008, 4:04 PM

The Vuvs convinced me to buy a pair as well and I love them!!! This is clearly, the most comfortable fit flop I have ever owned.

Lovey July 28, 2008, 4:13 PM

My sister also gave me a pair of fit flops and they have not left my feet since. I loved them so much I bought a pair for my husband (yes, they make them for men). Don’t know what they are doing for my buttocks but my feet feel good.

Marc July 28, 2008, 4:18 PM

I’m the husband with the fit-flops. Don’t know if it was a hint regarding my tush but fit flops rock!

Janet July 28, 2008, 4:23 PM

Hey Gals.. it’s your long-distance Texas Vuv checking in to say hi. You girls are GORGEOUS. Great picture, fun story. Now go test our favorite boisson. Cheers!

Amy July 28, 2008, 4:33 PM

Hey Vuvs! Haven’t purchased a pair because they were featured on 20/20 and they had 3 women who wore the fit flops for one week. They all said that they didn’t get a workout. 2 thought they were very comfortable and 1 had to cut the top because her toes were bleeding! OY..better get the fit flops in deep red! Latah!

Julie July 28, 2008, 4:50 PM

Hey Vuvs… I read what you had to say.. and it has inspired me to go see if they carry them at the Macy’s near my house so I can “test drive” them. I have a really comfy pair of Born Sandals, but it sounds like they might have some serious competition!

Thanks from Fort Lauderdale :-)

Beth Finkelstein July 28, 2008, 4:57 PM

Did not get fit flops because they promised a workout…got them because they add at least 1 1/2 inches of height to my 5’4” self. I have a hard time in total flats let alone flip flops. These are sturdy and fabulous. They are 100% comfortable…forget the workout part. The only exercise benefit is that because they are so comfortable, you will not mind walking more….so there you go.
Highly recommend them, would love to see more styles…

Darlene July 28, 2008, 5:35 PM

If the Vuv likes em then I will get them!

Nicole B July 28, 2008, 6:19 PM

I see people wearing them at work… I’m sold. I trust my favorite Vuv when it comes to fashion. I’m getting a pair asap!

Cheryl July 28, 2008, 6:21 PM

The Vuv next door is out the door on her way to purchase a pair!

Marisa July 28, 2008, 8:53 PM

Not sold on their promise of delivering a pinch-perfect posterior, I bought Fit Flops for sheer comfort. Plus, they didn’t look nearly as ortho as the MBT sandals I almost shelled out a small fortune for. I showed them to my podiatrist, who thought they were a definite step-up—tisk, tisk—from your average flip-flops, but certainly not a tush firmer-upper. So girls, know this. You’ll never look like the leg model on the label by just wearing them. But then again, you knew that already, didn’t ya?

Margie July 28, 2008, 9:49 PM

Finally a real review of the fit flop. I too saw them on Oprah and oodles of other shows, but didn’t quite believe the hype. You gals have convinced me to toss the crocs, shelve the havianas and give the fit flop a try.

Debbie July 28, 2008, 10:25 PM

Thought they were a little pricey but sounds like they may be worth it. Need to try a pair.

Judy July 29, 2008, 9:08 AM

I saw Dateline or 20/20’s story on Fit Flops and wasn’t sold, but you girls seem to really like these shoes. Workout or no workout, who doesn’t like a comfortable fit flop? Must get myself a pair. Thanks for writing.

Patti July 29, 2008, 9:20 AM

I’m a triathlete and when I am not in running shoes, I need comfort and support…which you get in Fit Flops. Love ‘em!

Laura July 29, 2008, 11:59 AM

Love it! I want my legs to hurt from just walking leisurely!

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 11:39 AM

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he in reality bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If attainable, as you change into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more details? It’s extremely useful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog put up!