Where is Caylee Anthony?

The Orange County, Florida girl has been missing for six weeks.

There have been few new leads in the search for 2-year-old Caylee Anthony. Although Caylee hasn't been seen since June 9, her mother Casey, 22, waited five weeks to notify anyone she was missing. Casey has been arrested for child neglect and making false official statements to investigators.

This morning, Caylee's grandparents--Cindy, a former nurse, and George, a former deputy sheriff--appeared on the Today show to discuss the case. Cindy was asked what she would like to say to her daughter Casey.

videogonebutton.jpg

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, indicated that the jailed mother knows where her daughter is--or at least who has her.

What do you think happened to Caylee Anthony?

next: The 'Savage' Truth about Autism
Anonymous July 21, 2008, 4:45 PM

I feel really sick for this family. It seems like someone has this child…like a drug dealer or something? (I hope she’s okay.)

AS July 21, 2008, 5:41 PM

There’s so many problems with this case.

If what the media is reporting is true, it doesn’t sound like she’s playing with a full deck.

Is Casey suffering from post-partum depression, schizophernia or a chemical imbalance?

Is she as her friends say a compulsive liar?

Do Casey’s parents know who the biological father of Caylee is?

Unlike Jamie Lynn Spears, most young mothers can’t financially afford a kid, especially when they are working at a theme park.

Maybe when I retire, maybe I’ll become a private investigator and devote my life to cold cases, looking for missing persons, dead or alive.

foxymama July 21, 2008, 6:41 PM

maybe the person(s) who took caylee told the mother they’d kill or harm the girl if she told. maybe she thought it’d be safer for her daughter not to let on she had been taken. or maybe these are just sick people - the world seems to be full of them.

Lexi July 21, 2008, 7:43 PM

i really am sad about caylee anthony and i feel that she is with someone thats not known very well but who knows casey anthony (mother). i pray she is safe. But she is alive according to her phonecall!

momofthree July 21, 2008, 7:51 PM

How do you not report your child missing?I live in an apartment complex with a big playground, My daughter is four and escapes my view very seldom, but when she does I panic even if it is just a minute or two. I cannot imagine waiting more than ten or twenty minutes to call police, and those ten or twenty minutes would be filled with panic calls to neighbors. If I dropped her off at a sitter I would expect her back in my care by the time I got off work.
Is this mother doing drugs? I can’t imagine anything else that would allow her to not contact police immediately.
This makes me sick to my stomach, and I wonder if the mother isn’t responsible for more than just neglect. She is certainly guilty of that much.

Ginger July 22, 2008, 8:37 AM

This case reminds me of the Trenton Duckett case. I think both the mother and the grandmother are living in another world! The grandmother says her daughter knows where Caylee is. A normal mother would be knocking down doors to get her child back. Something really stinks here!!!

Anonymous July 22, 2008, 9:58 AM

I have fallen in love with Caylee and can’t stop thinking about her. My prayers are with the family. AMEN!

Concerned July 22, 2008, 10:24 AM

Did you guys not watch the video? There’s a reason for all the things that don’t add up. I actually watched the full video on TV this morning and they said she could have been threatened. If your child had gone missing and whoever took her said if you tell anyone I will hurt your child, her grandparents, etc. would you step up right away?

Maybe since she was so young she didn’t understand and maybe she does have some mental issues which would make this harder than it would be for a sane person. But lay off and put yourself in her shoes.

been there July 22, 2008, 11:50 AM

I feel really bad for the grandparents. They are in denial, and the reality of what has happened is too horrible for them to face. Their daughter is mentally disturbed and has been living a life of lies right under their noses. When the truth finally comes out they are going to feel so guilty that they didn’t realize what was happening and would give anything to go back and save their granddaughter.I believe the mom has borderline personality disorder and has been lying for years. Any loving parent is going to give their child the benefit of the doubt just like these grandparents are doing. It saddens me to say it but Caylee is probably dead by the hand of her own mother. And if thats true , the Anthony family is going to need support not blame from the public. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Tricia July 22, 2008, 12:30 PM

How far away does the “grandmother” live or truely, what kind of relationship does she have with her granddaughter if she didn’t see or speak with her for 5 WEEKS?!?!?!? Did the Grandmother think its odd that she didn’t hear from/speak to/see Caylee?

There are serious issues with this case.

Sis July 22, 2008, 1:04 PM

Casey Anthony could be hiding Caylee from the Grandparents.

They mention the “threat” but not who it came from. What if the grandparents threatened Casey that they would take custody Caylee from her by calling her an “unfit” mom?

I read that Casey and Caylee moved out of the grandparent’s house on June 9th, the same day that she is supposed to have left this child with the babysitter. Yes Casey would lie about who the babysitter is and where she is to keep the grandparents from knowing how to find Caylee.

That attorney sounds too calm and understanding if he knows who has Caylee and why.

I watched video of that grandmother praise herself up one side and down the other for how “safety conscious” they are. We don’t leave the ladder in the pool, we keep the shed locked and only two people know where the key is… etc. She went into WAY too much detail about the different kinds of bamboo growing in her yard and how fast it grows and how they have to use a shovel to dig it out. Something is up with the grandmother.

And maybe the reason the grandmother is not allowed to visit Casey in prison is at Casey’s request!

Two and two are not equaling four here… and I don’t get a good feeling when watching the videos of this grandmother. I would hide my baby from her too if I thought that lady was going to try to take my baby from me.

Missy July 22, 2008, 2:41 PM

Thinking back about the stench in the car, I think Casey may have left Caylee in the car while she did who knows, and when she returned the little girl was dead from heat stroke. Then maybe she panicked and drove around with her in the trunk, got rid of the body at some point, then finally ditched the car. I’m curious to know what they found in the car and if it really was out of gas as she claimed. This whole case stinks of bad scenarios, I just hope I’m wrong and they find this little girl and place her in safe hands, not sure if thats the grandmothers or not, but certainly NOT Casey!!!

Jen July 22, 2008, 6:13 PM

As a mother, this case bothers me for several reasons:

1) Why didn’t the grandparents know she was missing? Even when Casey lied to them about it, why wouldn’t they say we miss her and want to see her? And when Casey failed to produce the child wouldn’t they do something about it? I mean, come one, the grandfather is a former deputy. He should know better.

2) The mother shows absolutely no signs of grief. That signifies to me that she either knows where Caylee is or what happened to her. Either that or she is mentally ill. How can you sit there so calmly while your baby is missing and not be bawling your eyes out? I would be distraught.

3) Why did she tell so many lies to the police? If a child goes missing, wouldn’t you tell them as many facts as possible for the safe return of said child? Something is definitely not right here. The whole thing smells fishy.

I hope Caylee is alright, and I’m not much for prayer, but I’m praying fiercely that she is found unharmed.

orion July 22, 2008, 8:18 PM

I did a tarot reading on 7/20 and the cards fell ominously. Caylee is dead, her mother is responsible, the opressive relationship with her own mother (grandma) is at the root, and emotional seperation from her child. Casey is is emotionally detached and suffers personality disorders. The child will be located near water and the discovery of caylee’s body and casey’s guilt will rip the whole family apart.

Tigerlily July 23, 2008, 4:00 PM

People who are saying Casie could have been threatened so she didn’t call the police forget that Casey herself said the reason she didn’t call was because she watched crime shows and movies and figured she shouldn’t get the police involved. She never said she was threatened. She also told the police she left Caylee with a sitter and we know now there was no such person. I think a lot of you are grasping. I’m thinking more and more this little girl may no longer be with us. It’s all very sad.

Tigerlily July 23, 2008, 4:07 PM

Sis on July 22, 2008 1:04 PM wrote:

Casey Anthony could be hiding Caylee from the Grandparents.

If that were the case why not tell that to the police? They would merely verify the story and it would be over. She says she knows the person who has Caylee, yet she won’t name names…It’s all too far-fetched. I don’t think Caylee will be found in a good way.

Madelyn T July 23, 2008, 5:59 PM

something is rotten in Denmark. This mom did something bad to her little girl. The gramma and grandpa are just as crazy. The acorn doesnt fall too far from the tree…..lynch this woman

Madelyn T July 23, 2008, 6:00 PM

malena July 23, 2008, 9:43 PM

Please do not let Caylee’s mom free. She’s guilty ,is she’s so desperate to find her daughter what she wold not say anything now, why wait to be out of jail. I believe as horrible this might sound by little Caylee is probably dead and her mom has something to do with it.
And how about the grandma saying that Caylee called her mom???. That someone saw her at the airport and she said her name,,,,,please is the grandma sick too???.
So sorry but this family is so so so so crazy….
I just hope they do not let the mom out of jail.

ariel July 24, 2008, 10:11 AM

soon im having a child of my own and i really want justice to be solved for this child if she’s okay my prayers goes out 2 her but if she is dead she is fine she is in God’s hands with no worrying,when i give birth in God’s will imma show some women how 2 be a real mother.