The Secret Your Man Isn't Telling You: Page 2

Continued from The Secret Your Man Isn't Telling You, Page 1

Yup, from coast to coast--and even the Midwest--the majority preferred the size 0. ZERO! Pretty interesting, considering the average size of an American woman is a 14. Let us break it down for you:

In New York City, a town where diversity rules, we were surprised by the lack of diversity in people's choices.

• Model # 1 was the hands-down winner with a whopping 78% of the votes.
  • Model # 2 came in a distant second with 10% of the votes.
  • Model # 3 came in third with a paltry 8% of the votes.

In Los Angeles, a city known to worship at the altar of thin, the results were a little more varied--but don't get too excited.

• Model # 1 got 55% of the votes.
    Model # 2 came in second with 30% of the votes.
  • Model # 3 came in third with just 12% of the votes.

To find out what people in the Midwest thought, we turned to our friends at WKQI Detroit, Channel 955, "Mojo in the Morning." They ran our survey and the results were fairly consistent with the rest of the country.

• Model # 1 swept 60% of the votes.
  • Model # 2 (once again) came in second with 18% of the votes.
    Model # 3 brought up the rear with 13% of the votes.

Although we wanted to believe that we don't live in a society where the men find a size 0 to be the perfect body type, we do.

You won't believe what men had to say about their choice. For our exclusive video, click here for PAGE 3.

Related Galleries

next: Win It: Coconut Amla Revitalizing Hair Treatment
Mom to One September 3, 2008, 9:14 AM

Why should someone have to “defend” their decision that a size 0 body looks better than a size 10? Are size 0’s not as beautiful as size 10’s?

I find it rather offensive that in the pursuit of political correctness, it’s become okay to say and believe that anything smaller than a size 6 is too skinny, gross, wrong, etc etc.

I am a size 0 and yes, I do have curves. My husband loves my body, and he prefers a size 0 to a size 10. I prefer being a size 0 - does that make me wrong? I don’t care what other people weigh, or what size they wear… but how dare you say that someone should have to defend their choice when they say they prefer a certain size?

Katie September 3, 2008, 11:11 AM

OK, but size one has about size 12 boobs…put a size zero with an “A’ cup and I bet you’ll get different results….most size zero women have A-B cup sized boobs….that’s reality.

Gwendolyn September 4, 2008, 12:20 PM

Healty = win, no matter what the size.

I believe the choices were more on her boobs, not her body type. If she had her real boobs, the percentage of votes most likely would have gone down. (Nothing wrong with small boobs, it’s just the truth about men :P)

Shawn September 5, 2008, 6:44 AM

I’m a man and I may be the exception but I prefer that women be natural and softly curvaceious. It’s a womans shape that appeals to me not her size. And I tend to prefer A-B cup size breasts. Proportions are very important to appearance. I’m not that interested in an athletic woman with well defined abs, they look like lumpy boys. “Barbie” is all wrong too. Gimme soft curves, of any size, and I’m happy.

Nan  September 5, 2008, 7:32 AM

I can not believe after all these centuries we are still writing articles about womens breasts & butts. What a bloody shame we still think bodies are more important than spirits & sex is still something to snigger about instead of respect. When are we going to grow up?

Jane September 5, 2008, 8:12 AM

Okay, I am a woman and I cannot believe men REALLY like large women. I have to think that most normal guys want a trim gal. Growing up in the 70’s, women were just not noticed if they were heavy. Did you ever see a chubby model? That’s because the appeal was not there. Wait a minute before you blast me for criticizing chubby girls..I’m just being sensible about this. It’s the same if you put 10 male models in a row. I’m pretty sure most girls are going to pick the strong, healthy looking one. (not skinny, not fat).

Helen September 5, 2008, 8:33 AM

I wonder if it is youth that is the desired option rather than size. It appears that the smaller sizes portray a lithe young woman rather than a more mature figure. True, petite women come in all ages, but the ones pictured here appear young and virginal. A woman’s body changes with age and experience, such as childbearing, gravity, etc. In our culture, youthfulness is worshipped…..and the wisdom and serenity of the elders is often overlooked….

Patty September 5, 2008, 8:49 AM

This is a nice story and all, however in your larger size models you picked girls who aren’t attractive in the face or well balanced. I bet that if you chose a woman who was equal on the top and the bottom like the size Zero model, you would get a different vote. And that girl is not a Zero. A zero is what my 12 year old daughter wears and she is alot smaller than your model. I’m 5’2 and a size 8, but I look nothing like your model. I have curves in all the right spots and fit. You chose the models to get the results that you wanted.

jordan September 5, 2008, 8:52 AM

The fact is that both fat and skinny people have to face body image issues. When it comes down to it, fit is always the most attractive body type. It’s not the size, but how healthy you appear. It makes evolutionary sense. People are more likely to go for someone who is fit looking than fat because they are healthier and evolutionarily speaking, more likely to survive and reproduce. If model #1 is actually a size zero, she looks a little bigger (in a good way) so she may think that she’s a 0 because of vanity sizing (which they didn’t cover in the article) She seems to be in amazing shap, her ribs are not showing, yet she doesn’t have excess fat buildup, she just looks healthy. Healthy is attractive. I’m not actually sure what size I am, shopping at Old Navy I found myself buying sizes 2 and 4 mostly, but I’m sure that’s vanity sizing taking effect (not that I’m complaining) I don’t think I’ve lost any weight, but the numbers on the clothes I buy are lower (stores do this because they know customers like to see that lower number and they’re more likely to buy the clothes if they get to tell people they went from a size __ to a size __ without even trying!)

100% WOMAN  September 5, 2008, 9:16 AM

I think that the one thing we are missing in the wording of this poll and the pictures is WOMAN! Its clearly obvious that number one ,has NOT YET hit Womanhood. We the ones that have hit womanhood the sizes 10-14 , the majority offer experience , something to hold on to ,and our body parts are real. # 1 is nice to look at , but in reality its the size 10 - 14 that I believe make the grade. Find a size 0 WOMAN and take the poll again .

Anonymous September 5, 2008, 9:43 AM

I think the photos should have been in a nice pair of jeans and a tee or tank top…Men do tend to prefer woman with a lil meat on her bones but the bikini thing just shows too much unflattering details which can’t be seen in regular clothes….Try your questions again but in different clothes

Mia September 5, 2008, 10:11 AM

That size 0 model is more like a size 3 or 4. I have a friend who is a size 0 and she is way smaller than the size 0 model. Iam 5’4 size 5 and i look nothing like your size 5 model, she looks more like a size 9 or 10. Next time try putting the real sizes next to pictures like these so you dont have young girls who are a size 4 or 5 ect, go on unhealthy diets just because your models look a lot bigger then the size next to their pics. I agree healthy looking is the way to go.

Kam September 5, 2008, 10:54 AM

Let the men vote again but get rid of the fake breast and put the real one’s on. A size zero to a 4 usually tend to have smaller breast. Once in a while there will be a big busted female but very rarely. Come on guy’s think it over!! Yes being in shape counts but for real now.

Anonymous September 5, 2008, 11:12 AM

I am a size 5, but the shape of my body looks like the girl in the size o. It’s all about PROPORTION… maybe i’m just alot taller than she is

Tim  September 5, 2008, 11:15 AM

I cant belive that every man wants to live in a fantasy world. I had went out with someone that was a 0-1. And all they worry about is what they eat. They dont have a clue what goes on in the real world around them. They figure if they look good at work they can go further.

Diddy September 5, 2008, 11:21 AM

Bunch of pedophiles in this country. I think #5 looked like the perfect female form. Grown up and ready for a man. Some folks have been watchin too much Peter Pan.

K September 5, 2008, 11:35 AM

I actually think real skinny chicks like size zero to like size 6 are disgusting. Who wants to see their bones? Honestly….

Tiffany September 5, 2008, 11:38 AM

My opinion is that everybody has their own opinion meaning beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most people have been brainwashed into believing that the smaller the women the better. I am a size 3-5 depending on the type of clothes I am wearing and I still think think that it is the way you carry yourself and your attitude. Big women are beautful too!

Sienna September 5, 2008, 11:47 AM

Men prefer size 0 women because it makes them feel less threatened to be around a small person.

thamorenita September 5, 2008, 11:55 AM

She looks as though she’s very short, which might be a reason why she’s in such nice proportion also. I am a size 4 with curves (D cups). I think their choice was all about the proportion and not the exact size she was. I am the size exact proportion as her for instance (bigger cup size maybe). Only difference is that I am probably alot taller than the girl. The other females were not nicely proportioned. They should of had women on there that had the same figures. For instance, an hour glassed size 0, 2, 6, 10 on so on..or had all pearshaped females. Then the test would have been alot fairer.