Become Multi-Orgasmic

Yes, every woman is capable of it -- even you! An OB/GYN gives us surprisingly easy how-tos.

multiple_orgasm_sq.jpg

After you hit the big O, are you tempted to come back for seconds -- but just don't know how? Hilda Hutcherson, M.D., gynecologist and author of What Your Mother Never Told You About Sex, has the lowdown on how to reach the ultimate peak(s). She says every woman is capable of having multiple orgasms -- yes, even you!

Here are the surprisingly simple steps:

Don't make it a job or chore.
"If you view it as something you have to have, it's never going to happen," Dr. Hilda Hutcherson says. "You'll be thinking about it too much! If after one orgasm you're totally spent and satisfied, you shouldn't even try for more."

Feel like continuing? Do just that.
"Once people orgasm, they usually cease all stimulation," Dr. Hilda notes. "But the instant you do, the tension will plummet and it will be extremely difficult to build it back up again."

Slow the pace.
"Instead of stopping completely after your first orgasm, just slow down a bit so the tension stays at a high level," Dr. Hilda says. "Then gradually increase the speed and intensity of stimulation until it starts to feel really, really good again. Your body will guide you."

Practice without a partner first.
"That's the best way to learn, because during masturbation you have total control," Dr. Hilda observes. "If your partner's present, he'll be having his own thing going on, and that might distract you."

Don't be afraid to keep going.
"The number of orgasms a woman can have is unlimited," Dr. Hilda says. "I've heard of women who've had more than 20 in one sex session."

Hear more bedroom advice from Dr. Hilda below.

If you're multi-orgasmic, what's your secret?

See Also:

next: How Did Mom Raise 4 Olympians?
Wendi August 6, 2008, 4:39 PM

Oooooh! Must try that out!

Mona August 7, 2008, 5:08 AM

I agree, sometimes, this happens, and it’s wonderful. Maybe it’s not the big intense “O” but a series of smaller ones that are great in ther own way. It’s all in your mind, how relaxed you are, and how much you feel you are worthy of them, which of course you are!

Dorothy August 7, 2008, 7:50 AM

I have learned that I can give myself the big “O” more often then my partner can. I am not afraid to masturbate, but it took me more then 30 years to try it.

da Diva August 7, 2008, 8:24 AM

hmmm… gosh, I thought by now a lot of woman should already know some of this. I guess I may be a little bit more sexual then. Here’s a thought to many who have not reached multiple orgasms nor have masturbated….. fantasize AND visualize “your” orgasms… what you want and when you want it… then put it to play with your partner —- they will LOVE you for it!! There’s not a man in this world who will not go cuckoo over his woman who wants the pleasure and has full control of it.

You also must first and foremost communicate to him what you want, where you want it, and so on… you’ll be his guiding system (lol)… but it is true.

Remember, it is your body and only you know where you want and how you want to be pleased. I agree that masturbating is a great way to know… and you can also masturbate in front of him… they love this!!!

But most of all, PASSION…. put passion into it….. if you or your mate are not passionate with each other…. well, let’s just say it makes a big difference.

I’d love to write more in depth, but hopefully you get the gist of it.

momof9 August 7, 2008, 10:16 AM

My mom in law gave me pointers and a book “the happy hooker” that helped me enjoy my sex life more when I was only first hooked up with her son. LOL. I did not know that other women had problems with this until I was in my twenties and started talking to other wives. I now pass much of the same info listed in the article and in the comments others have made along to them along with the book mom in law gave me. My husband and I have spent entire weekends in bed. So I suggest you just practice ladies and as others said be in touch with what feels good and let your spouse in on the secrets. Another trick we use but it requires a real commitment is that when we married we agreed that we will only fight in the nude?(my father in laws idea). So, if we are really really angry with one another we have to get a sitter go to a hotel or our room take off all our clothes and fight like crazy until the matter is resolved. Angry sex/makeup sex is great!

Sandra Deffner August 7, 2008, 3:11 PM

who cares

vix August 7, 2008, 9:28 PM

I just don’t get this, I’ve always been able to have multiple orgasims, is this really hard for people to achieve?

kaysweet August 7, 2008, 9:51 PM

I THINK EVERY WOMAN SHOULD EXPERIENCE THE PLEASURE OF GIVING HER SELF A “O” ME MY SELF I WAS EXPERIENCE THE “O” FROM MY TEENAGE YEAR’S NOW I INJOY IT EVEN MORE THAT I’M OLDER

lady J August 8, 2008, 7:09 AM

All the time me & my X hubby were married he never gave me the “O”. I loved him but it never happened. The only way i could reach this was to masterbate.

SexiAnne August 8, 2008, 2:23 PM

Better than anything let your mate learn how to please you; touch you the way you want to be touched. Show him! He will love learning how you want to be stimulated and you will love the practice. It does’nt hurt to let him feel like he is taking the lead in making you feel wonderful….you will both be VERY SATISFIED!!

paloma August 8, 2008, 3:02 PM

Multipul O well wow but the man has to not be selfish cause ladies you all know when a man reaches his climax he can care less about you.

paloma August 8, 2008, 3:02 PM

Jean August 9, 2008, 2:25 PM

Im in my late 30s and have never experienced an O through sex. Only through masturbation. Sad. but true. For all those that can have O’s and multiple O’s - consider yourself very fortunate. Its not common. I was reading the other day 80% of women do not have O’s during routine sex. Sad but true.

I’ll try these tips - thanks! And maybe one day I will experience this wonderful O.

Kristen August 11, 2008, 4:28 PM

I have quite a few things that will help anyone reach multiple O’s and also feel sexy and comfortable with herself and her partner! Ask me if you want a Passion Party and are in the Atlanta area!

Cathy August 13, 2008, 1:10 AM

Gotta have the righ man , who knows how to please a woman! Or ya gotta teach em!

CK1 August 18, 2008, 12:14 PM

You are right, Jean. I can only reach the big “O” through oral sex or by masturbation. I don’t even come close through intercourse. I do enjoy intercourse but it has never been as stimulating to me as oral sex. I have read books and we have tried every kind of position known to man but no success. I have just resided to the fact that it isn’t going to happen because for years I kept saying tonight will be the night. NOT!! I am in my forties for goodness sakes. My husband can go on for an hour or more and still nothing. He is left sweating and his heart beating out of his chest and still nothing. And, trust me there is plenty of passion going on. We have found rather than see it as a bad thing, we just pleasure each other orally and then move on to intercourse. It works for us.

ally August 18, 2008, 1:40 PM

for those who say they can’t get it through intercourse, here’s my secret:

Get an O the way you normally can- whether with his hand or have him give you oral (they love it)0- THEN right after your O, have him get on top or even behind and really hard try for a second, “regular” O through “regular” intercourse. Works for me.

CK1 August 18, 2008, 6:05 PM

Thanks Ally but I’ve tried that. Doesn’t work either. Trust me, I have tried everything…I am just happy to have one through oral sex or in the shower by myself.

Anonymous December 5, 2008, 5:46 PM

I’m able to orgasm through sex - a lot. It really is more like a series of smaller ones, rather than one big one. But orgasms through sex are far different from the ones you get through oral sex or masturbation, and I find them so much more fulfilling. The thing is, I don’t have him go for the g-spot, I have him go for the cervix (works best with me on top with him lifting his hips) - and the O’s are nothing short of amazing. So maybe try it that way, it could work.

The Space Between December 28, 2008, 9:52 AM

I’ve never had a problem with this, as long as ur with the one, 3, He was the one.