Britney Spears is NOT OK!

Guest blogger Mom De Plume wonders, "Does OK! magazine really think we'd take any advice from a popwreck?"

britney-spears-body-back.jpg
An OK! magazine cover story seems to have amnesia about Britney Spears' tarnished rep. Their latest issue is graced with a slimmed-down picture of Britney along with the headline, "How I Got My Body Back!" Although I applaud anyone who can manage to lose the baby weight, I make it a rule not to take dieting advice, or any advice for that matter, from twice-divorced train-wreck pop stars who've been denied custody of their own children. Sorry. The truth hurts.

OK! must think it's still 1998 and Britney's in Justin Timberlake puppy love. How else could they describe her, in 2008, like this: "Britney Spears was the epitome of the California girl as she walked out of the surf in a white bikini." That's a bit of stretch, dontcha think? The last time she made news at the beach was when she ran into the surf in just her bra and undies. Well, at least this time she got the bathing suit part down.

In an exclusive photo shoot for the magazine, Britney claims to be focused on being a healthy role model for her two boys and says this involves an intense workout regime. I doubt very much her two children care if Mama's got a six-pack--they do care, however, if she's drinking a six-pack. Britney has many other issues to work on rather than her weight. Here's a flashback--wasn't she just recently committed?  Any chance an article's in the works entitled  "How Britney Got Her Sanity Back"? Just sayin'.

But hey, thanks, OK!, for teaching us a valuable lesson: "It's not how you feel on the inside, but how you look on the outside." Gossip site justjared.com agrees, issuing this gleeful proclamation based on Brit's new fab bod: "Brit Brit's looking poised for an ultimate comeback!!!!! YAY!!!!!"

Sounds like everyone's priorities are screwed up big time. Before "working out with her personal trainer" or getting her pop career back on track, this should be first on Brit's to-do list:

1. Get kids back.

Or do some women think that slimming down means her life is back together?

Related Galleries

next: Biggest Divorce Settlements Ever
Jennifer August 20, 2008, 6:10 PM

I don’t think that slimming down means getting your life back together. But when you’re a celebrity, unfortunately, people expect for you to look your best and to be in top shape. So slimming down doesn’t mean getting your life back together, but it may mean getting your career back when you’re in the entertainment industry.

Lay off her August 20, 2008, 6:27 PM

What is with you Mom De Plume, why don’t you give Britney a break! At least she’s trying. I admire her for being so strong when her life is falling apart. Could you do so much better?

M August 20, 2008, 6:40 PM

Wow! You really don’t think much of Britney and are pretty judgemental. I guess you have lived a perfect life and have never made a mistake.

Why write about someone you dislike or the message a magazine sends if you are against it?

Better yet, read between the lines. The message is this. Here is a girl who had to watch everything she did or said, because of crazies like you. She grew up and made mistakes, because that’s how people grow. She fell and is getting back up showing millions around the world that they to can turn a bad situation around. Yet, here you are throwing stones at her. Stone everyone imperfect…hmmm there probably wouldn’t be many of us standing.

Beth August 20, 2008, 7:22 PM

Wow you feel strong about this. I don’t know when the last time you had six pack abs, but that requires control in most parts of your life. No partying, no drinking, watching what you eat.

True Brit hit bottom, however she is getting her act together. I think this is great, it shows young people that if you make mistakes, don’t give up you still can straighten yourself out.

Lay off britney August 20, 2008, 7:35 PM

Wow, you obviously don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to her kids. She gets 1 overnight and 2 other visits, this will be extended to 2 overnights in october, and she will regain 50/50 custody at the end of her conservatorship.

Also you can’t really say anything about her sanity and getting her life back in order, as she has not displayed any behavior, in the past six months, that would support you saying she is mentally unstable.

You also can not say she is not being a healthy role-model for her kids. It’s like me saying you are not a healthy role-model for your kids because you write such negative and judgemental bloggs.

But I guess people like you who can’t find happiness in their own lives like to bring others down.

shanna August 20, 2008, 7:44 PM

Right on Mom de Plume…I couldn’t agree with you more!! Wasn’t it just a couple of weeks ago that Britney’s son was helping her with her cigarettes? She’s far from getting her act together!

Robin August 20, 2008, 8:11 PM

Dang woman CALM DOWN! Bitter???! To “beth”, “lay off britney” and “M”, i agreee 100%, i couldn’t have said it any better!! First of all… NOT once did britney say she was normal bc of losing weight. Secondly shes been dragged through the mud bc of her weight gain, so who the heck cares if she wants to tone up? And like someone said earlier… losing weight means leading a healthier life style, not just looking better. But you probably wouldn’t know that! Yes, the girls screwed up BIG TIME, but really when was the last time you saw her partying it up at a club or running amuck??? Does that mean shes fine now? No, but it also doesn’t mean shes not. Point being, you don’t know her.. you to know her kids or her family or her situation…..you’re simply playing into a media frenzy. And seriously, if you have kids, shouldn’t u be taking care of them instead of talking crap abt a celeb u don’t know???? So according to your thought process of judging only the surface, that must make you a terrible mother and person whos bitter with no life?! Correct?

you all are crazy August 20, 2008, 8:54 PM

excuse me are there actually people out there that think britney spears is NOT a train wreck. I suggest all of you seek mental help immediately.

dan August 20, 2008, 9:14 PM

If Britney would lose more weight it would help the situation. My thing is, a pretty girl can always have her man solve her prolems for her. Girls have a tuff time with mathmatics cuz of the logicsticals behind the permanent residentual brain stains. see there’s more pink matter in her noggin’ than gray, and that means fashion and daily bathing cums first. i hope this helps explain her a bit more.

Samuel August 20, 2008, 9:45 PM

The key point here is that Britney is under CONTROL by her father, the courts, psychiatrists, and a team of handlers. She can’t screw up right now becuse she is being CONTROllED to the extream by all around her. She is under a court ordered conservatorship. So no one here can say she is doing better or that she is not crazy anymore. With all the control she is under it is impossible for her to screw up right now. The proof is when she is let loose. That is when we will see if she is sane or not. Just becuse she has a Photo oop with a magazine that photoshoped her picture to make her look in shape (look at the tabloid pictures of her lateley, which there are thousands of them, she is not in shape like the picture on the OK Mag). She is still nuts though, look at pics of her that are close ups and you can still see the spinning eyes. She is on major psych drugs and is being controlled to the extream by all around her, that is NOT someone that is doing well or even better. When she is completely on her own and no one is watching her, and she is acting normal and sane, that is when you can say she is better. I bet that if she was let go right now she would go nuts again. It’s about the kids, it’s not about Britney. She is psycho and her mental condition is not likely to get better since there is NO cure for her mental problems, and her insanities which run deep. Which have far more to do with all the drugs she did for years and her major ego problems. And you can only monitor mental problems, and drug her for the rest of her life to try and control it. If she screws up and misses her meds she can go back to a full swing nut case quickly. Kevin has full legal custody, Britney only gets visits, which she can lose quikly if she screws up again, which she probably will. You have to be a really bad and terrible parent to lose custody as a mother to the father in California. The courts probably know way more then the public or the tabs do, which is why the courts took them away from her. Those here supporting Britney must be really bad parents thenselves or are teens themselves who are way to much in love with this washed up loser pop star. It’s about the kids and NOT about the loser, alcoholic, drug addict serial vagina flashing nut case known as Britney Spears. She screwed up her life by all the drugs, promiscuity, and stuppid things she has done. She is now paying for it. It’s called KARMA. She is now a 26 year old woman being watched legally by her dad and the courts. And no, she did not just make a mistake or two. She royally screwed up, and with her kids. Those that are saying “don’t be judemental” are nuts. If you can’t judge someone elses actions, then you can’t make the world a better place or put those that are wrong in their place. Those that say don’t be judgemental have things of their own that thay are hiding and don’t want to be caught. Hence, their “don’t judge anyone” attitude. All you Britney fans support losers since you are losers yourselves, and you want to justify all the crazy crap this nut has done since you don’t take responsibility for your own actions. And no, the majority of the world has not done all the stuppid things she has done, and yes we are far better then her, and we still have our beautiful kids and love them as they do us. She may have a lot more money then the rest of us, but she is now mantally deranged and nuts, and has lost her kids, her mind, her respect, and her big career she had. The money is not worth it at all. I and most people would not want to he her for anything. WE are far more happy then her and life is really good for me and most. Well, except for the Britney fans that are at her level. Oh well, not our problem, lol.

Susan August 20, 2008, 9:52 PM

Britney is not better. She is got everyone around her running her life and micro-managing her. They all tell her what to do, dress her, drive her around. set up the interviews and tell her what to say. You can see in her face in most of the picture out there of her that she is not happy at all. She just wants to break away and party again. It’s in her blood and she can’t control it at all. It is also possible she may be mentally challenged for life and the constervatorship will not ever be fully released from her. There really is something major wrong with her and I don’t think she will ever be sane again. Thank God non of us is in her mental state, that would be a nightmere. But she did it all to herself with her selfish lifestyle and her partying and drugs for years. not to mention all the guys she screwed over and everyone else she abused. She is not the abusee, she is the abuser. Look at what she has done to everyone around her and her own kids. Now her dad and her record company are trying to run damage control and make her look good while they have her under lock and key. If she breaks awy again, she is going ot go psycho again like before.

James August 20, 2008, 10:00 PM

9:52 PM and 9”45 PM

Even though your spelling is not that great, I have to say that I agree with everything you said. Well done, lots of truth and honest. Good for you, and bad for those defending her.

Tina August 20, 2008, 10:04 PM

Wow, those that are trying to make what Britney has done look tame or like it is no big deal must be dangerous parents or tweeny fans. Disgusting!

What she did is awful, that is why she lost her babies you idiots. And I agree with the above poster, she is not better, she is just being micro-managed to death. You don’t get that unless you really are selfish and crazy like she is. Just shows how the Britney fans are abnormal and deranged, and want to make Britney look fine and not have to pay for her actions. Well, she is paying for her actions now and will continue to do so. I also don’t think she will ever be better. There is no cure for her condition. Just meds for the rest of her life and professionals watching her all the time.

sherry August 20, 2008, 10:11 PM

While I wouldn’t hold Britney up as the ideal mother right now, at least she’s trying. She’s doing what she can and sometimes when everything else is out of control, you focus on what you CAN control.

Britney grew up in the spotlight. When most people do screw up, it’s in private. She had to do it in public and now she’s trying to turn it around. Sure, she set a bad example for her kids at times. But now she’s setting a good example for them by saying, “okay I’m going to dust myself off and try to make it better.” And her kids will know if they screw up, Mom is probably going to support them and stand by them because of what she’s gone through.

I hope you never have a complete breakdown.

Cindy August 20, 2008, 10:18 PM

Good for you Tina @ 10:04 PM. Good for you!

I’m tired of all the crazy Britney fans that defend everything this wack job does.

Thomas August 20, 2008, 10:25 PM

Yea right. Hitler can do whatever he wants, criminals can to and so can anyone else that does wrong, and no one is supposed to be “judgemental”. That is such a crock of s***. Everyone should judge, that is what makes the world a better place and puts in ethical standards for society. If you can’t judge then you can’t right a wrong or correct anything that is bad. Anyone that says “don’t be judgemental” is a coward that wants to see wrong in the world or has skeletons in their closet. So judge away everyone, judge away!

Riley  August 20, 2008, 11:52 PM

It may be too soon to say that she is better, but you can say she is well on her way. The Britney fans don’t think that she was tame, or justified in what she did, and they don’t think it was good. For all of 2007 and early 2008 all her fans were hoping that she would get better, they weren’t wanting her to continue down that path.

All the people who criticize Britney often are the people who only take a surface look at the situation. Of course there is a lot that most people don’t know, but if you look at the facts, then we you will be able to see how much progress she has made. She has bi-polar disorder, she had someone(Sam Lutfi) who was her ‘manager’ who did not have her best interests at stake and was the reason behind some of the craziness. If you look at how she was acting last year with the head shaving and late night partying, then you can see her progress.

And to all the people who say judgement is a good thing, I agree with you, it is a good thing. But not when you are bringing someone down because of it. You can make judgement and apply it to your life but don’t tell others that they are making the wrong decisions.

Also just sort of a conspiracy thought, but that stint last year may have helped her career, because she was kind of fading in the music industry, but this has given her the oppurtunity to make a comeback and still be relevent. But then again she probably still would be relevant as she has a lot of staying power. I think she is the next madonna.

Jay August 21, 2008, 3:41 AM

Oh god, I’m tired to read such articles all over the Internet. And I’m tired to react to those and to “defend Britney” as you say so well. But I’m gonna do it anyway. Just because I really like Britney for having lighten my musical life so far.

Nobody can neglect Britney’s fame. Don’t forget that she was one of the most powerful persons back in 2003, economically speaking. But that’s not the point. She was the icon of a whole generation. The first. The one. The reference. Millions and millions of fans (who are actually still there) that were starving to see every Britney’s move. And the machine began to work. Lots of fans —> More appearances in the magazines —> More paparazzis —> Britney’s annoyed —> every mistake shown to the world —> Britney’s fed up —> even more paparrazis to track EVERY contradictory move —> Britney’s becoming crazy. That’s just as simple as that.

What bothers me is that there are so much judgemental and narrowminded people in the world. People who don’t see further than the top of their noses. I don’t see the point in reacting that way. I mean, Britney did not kill anyone of their families, did not steal anything from them or never even was bad to anyone (except the paparrazi hit with un umbrella, but that is another story; there were circumstances). Why be so rude and unfair to her? Isn’t in good to see her getting back into shape? I go on thinking that people like you surely had a perfect life without any trouble and that’s exactly the reason why you dare talking (or writing) like that.

What she does in her life is none of our business. I mean, Sean Preston was holding mama’s cigarettes. SO WHAT?? Did he smoke? Did he even take a cigarette from the pack? Obviously not. It’s really becoming like that: people like you wait for the wrong move and when it’s there (if only there is a wrong move), you jump on it and are proud to claim your disgust on Britney. So sad. And immature. You don’t know nothing about life. Here is an example: I really don’t like Tokio Hotel’s music. Am I gonna write horrible things, criticize them and expose all that to the world? Of course not!! Why would I do that? I don’t even want to do that because I know a lot of people really love them, just as I love my Britney. That’s normal. And what I would have more is just insults from the fans. Why would I judge something that I don’t like? Oh and isn’t doing that actually a form of being interested in Tokio Hotel? So ask yourself the question: Isn’t judgeing so much Britney a way of liking her and being interested in what she does?

I think everyone should stay objective towards Britney’s story. Don’t judge, don’t blame. It could happen to anyone, right?

I couldn’t finish that comment without SHOUTING TO THE WORLD (as you all do so well) how proud of Britney I am right now. And whether it pleases or not: she brings her life back together: more and more time with her children, the great body’s back, the right persons next to her, a new album in the works… how could I be more excited about my “Britney future”??? And I will really finish the comment by saying that: if she had to fall apart and to reach the bottom again… I would still be there.

Andra August 21, 2008, 5:03 AM

U all say,why doesn’t she get better?why doesn’t she change?WELL SHE HAS TO START FROM SOMEWHERE!!! AND WHEN SHE DOES,YOU WRITE THIS ARTICLE CRITICISING HER.You know what?everything she’s gonna do,it’s not going to be taken as something good…GIVE HER A BREAK!!!!!

gracie August 21, 2008, 9:38 AM

Hey, non/Mom: Let me guess? I little (lot) on the heavy side yourself? All I hear is jealousy and meanness in your words. Focusing on a healthy life-style is the first step for anyone trying to get their lives in order. It strengthens you and helps you take on the bigger challenges. Why on earth would you feel it necessary to throw disdain on such a positive thing?