Childbirth: A Piece of Cake?

This must've been one crazy baby shower. Can you imagine cutting into this cake?

pusholiviapush.jpg

Read more fun stories!

next: Brangelina Twin Sighting!
Lesa August 4, 2008, 8:21 AM

What the crap??!
It’s one thing to think of this on a cake and JOKE about it.

The scenerio goes something like this:
“Wouldn’t it be funny if we surprised Olivia with an obscene cake?? The look on her face! HA HA HA. No, but seriously—the cake with the blue roses looks lovely.”

Anonymous August 4, 2008, 10:54 AM

Who wants to eat cake after looking at that?!

Elisa August 4, 2008, 11:12 AM

Unbelievable. I’m not a prude, but this is just bad taste. I hope this wasn’t an office “maternity leave” party! ;-)

Mandi August 4, 2008, 12:46 PM

Wow. Just Wow. Now that’s creative ;-) I’d love to be a fly on the wall at that party - who wants what piece??

Sara August 4, 2008, 1:05 PM

That is just gross. First thought that comes to mind - Did a guy decorate that?

tracy August 4, 2008, 3:28 PM

Im sorry, but i think this is kinda funny… if i was given this cake i would have laughed.. it is a little odd.. but someone put thought into it..lol…. :D

Anonymous August 4, 2008, 7:07 PM

I love it. Why not have a little sense of humor. The 17th century is, after all, over.

April August 5, 2008, 11:16 AM

I think it’s hilarious. It is a little obscene… but it’s still funny. It’s not like it’s for a child’s birthday or anything, so I don’t see the big deal.

Michele August 5, 2008, 2:35 PM

Adorable and woman-centered. Hello - this is birth, not a junior league luncheon. If you are not close enough to those you invite to your shower to have them see this - you shouldn’t be inviting them just to get presents!

Allison August 5, 2008, 5:04 PM

Err.. why is she naked?

Adventures In Babywearing August 5, 2008, 7:09 PM

Oh my gosh!

Steph

Alicia August 5, 2008, 9:14 PM

I think its a fun cake. I just had my baby shower two days ago. This cake definetly would have made a great conversation piece. Some people just need to learn to laugh.

heather August 6, 2008, 3:16 AM

Funny as heck!!I am a Doula and if people think birth is easy or that moms stay clothed, come on ladies. Thia is a great cake and most open minded people would enjoy this. Unless of course your one of those ” I want a C section on this date” kind of wimps!!!

Jenna May 5, 2009, 7:20 AM

Now see here, Heather, there’s nothing wimpy about volunteering to have your abdomen sliced open! Putting people down because they choose to have babies in their own way makes you as narrow minded as the jerks who are horrified by this silly (and funny) little cake. I like the cake!

Sara May 5, 2009, 8:51 AM

Oh give me a break Heather! While I may not agree with woman choosing c-section for no medical reason, they certainly are NOT wimps!!! A c-section must hurt like hell afterwards! They’re busy enough with a baby not to mention recovering from surgery! Wimp? That’s ridiculous and what on earth does that have to do with this article? Just your chance to make a jab at women who don’t push their babies out??? .