Female Teachers Prey on Class

Are they trying to have sex with your son?

What's the deal with all the female teachers being busted for sexual abuse these days? We've rounded up the latest cases to examine this disturbing pattern. (Who knew Mary Kay Letourneau was such a trendsetter?)

How are Moms supposed to know if their kids are being victimized by a teacher, coach, or other trusted adult? Mom•Logic friend Samantha Wilson, a child and safety expert, says to be on the lookout for the following warning signs:

• A sharp, sudden change in behavior
• Loss of interest in family or friends
• Withdrawal from hobbies or extracurricular activities

However, Wilson says female pedophiles are rare, and they often believe they're "in love" with the younger student. "It is still abuse in every way, shape, and form; but the boys don't normally act like they're being victimized," she says. It might just outwardly appear as if the boy has an innocent crush -- but Wilson says moms should follow their instincts. "If something doesn't feel right, ask questions," she says. "You know your kid better than anyone. Moms have to trust themselves."

What do you think of these pervy teachers?

ame i. July 1, 2008, 7:47 PM

Most teenage boys would have sex with rocks were they to have vaginas.

hannah July 2, 2008, 1:43 PM

This is the most disturbing thing I’ve read in a long time! I’m sickened and appalled by the litany of offenders…

Anoni-moose July 2, 2008, 1:49 PM

I don’t get it… some of these women are attractive. Why couldn’t they just cougar out on some boys that were 18+?

Anonymous July 2, 2008, 1:51 PM

So scary! I think this is sick. These women are desperate.

Mongo July 2, 2008, 1:55 PM

I agree with Ame. I would know, I’m a guy. I don’t know that we’d have sex with rocks just because they’re so rough on the skin and dry, but definitely a tree or garden hose of some sort. I just want to know, where were these teachers when I was in high school. And not the old, sh-tty looking ones. I’m talking about the hot young babes fresh out of college with a wide-eyed outlook on their bright futures in the world of academic pedophilia. Dammit! I missed out!

Anonymous July 2, 2008, 2:01 PM

Um gross. What low self-esteem they must have! It’s disgusting in all aspects.

Anonymous July 2, 2008, 2:34 PM

Female teachers have been exploiting male students for years. It is usually done without “sexual” contact. They will do what they can to be “in-charge and desirable”.

david July 2, 2008, 2:45 PM

i am 48 and can still remember teachers from middle and high school that i would have loved to been with, and masterbaited to the thoughts often.

this is disgusting! July 2, 2008, 3:10 PM

those poor kids! I hope they lock up these predators and throw away the keys! I’m a teacher of middle and high-schoolers and would never dream of having such a relationship with my students. Not only did they abuse these students, but they’ve stolen their childhoods and any respect they have for authority.

Emily July 2, 2008, 4:39 PM

As a 31-year-old female teacher with 7 years of teaching under my belt, I am disgusted by the actions of some of my “colleagues”—especially the older ones!
Yeah, we all know how teenage boys can be; but that doesn’t mean we, as their elders, should take advantage of the situation. Not only are we older than these boys, we’re also in a position of trust—the parents of these children trust us to keep their kids safe—and some of us are (quite literally) falling down on the job apparently! It’s embarrassing to those of us that aren’t skanky bimbos posing as educators and trolling the halls for a bit of jail-bait.
Besides, I don’t understand how a middle-aged woman, or even a relatively young woman like me, can think she is “in love” when the object of her “affection” is so obviously a child (maybe a good-looking child, but a child none-the-less). These kids can’t vote; unlike their adult counterparts they can’t take us out to a bar or share a bottle of wine with us at a fancy restaurant; many of them don’t have drivers’ licenses, and the ones that do don’t have their own cars (and the ones that do have their own cars, well no normal person would want to be caught dead in a car like that); and many of them don’t have jobs and the ones that do are slinging hash at McDonald’s. Not exactly candidates for the type of mature and stable relationship that a college-educated woman is looking for.
You could argue that maybe “stable” is not what these women want…but the local high school is the LAST place any self-respecting adult—educator or not—should be looking for a fling! I’m just imagining the logistics of this—and cringing over the idea of being caught “in flagrante delicto” by some kid’s mommy. Not something I would ever want to experience—and I can’t imagine anyone else would want to either.
Maybe these women are just wired differently than most people or something. In my book, anyone under 21 is off-limits and I’m just not remotely attracted to anyone under 30. (Then again, I’m married, so everyone other than my hubby is off-limits—not that I’m complaining.)
When the Catholic church was having all that trouble with the “pedophile priests” I wondered if maybe allowing women to be priests would solve (or at least cut down on) that problem—but apparently women in a similar position of trust can be just as sleazy and predatory as the priests were. It’s a little scary—and it seems to be becoming a more widespread problem.

marcie July 2, 2008, 5:03 PM

I’d like to see the list of men arrested for similar behavior. And I’d also like to know what the numbers are, how many women sexual predators are there for every male? My guess, there is one female sexual predator for every male. So why are we seeing and hearing about women all the time when men are 10 times more a problem?

marcie July 2, 2008, 5:08 PM

I meant there is 1 female sexual predator for every 10 male sexual predators.

DADAM July 2, 2008, 5:47 PM

WOW, what the hell is happening in this world!! I would never have told a soul, until I got older at least. There is nothing wrong with a kid getting “extra credit”. None of these boys are going to commit suicide or feel violated as a woman would. That is just the nature of a man. There are too many women who impose their idea of rape on young men. It’s a totally different game, look at how some men can be in a relationship and cheat just for sex. STOP TRYING TO EMASCULATE THE BOYS AND LET THEM LEARN A GOOD LESSON, THAT WAY WHEN THEY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND SHE WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED.

BFD July 2, 2008, 8:33 PM

Seriously, folks, it makes no difference what race, gender or professional position - teacher, priest, politician, actor, athlete - these things should not be exploited as the “reason” people behave this way. This type of behavior is a symptom of serious psychological issues created in large part by the society we live in… a society that is so busy stepping on one’s neck for another’s benefit that nobody can be truly happy with who they are and look for that validation elsewhere.

pplz July 3, 2008, 1:27 PM

i agree lock up the old and ugly ones and let the pretty ones go free!

Kate August 22, 2008, 11:41 AM

DADAM, They sure don’t make 17 year old boys like they used to when I was a young woman, so I might almost agree with you except… That the difference is NOT a 17 year old boy with a 23 year old young woman. One of the cases cited above is an ELEVEN YEAR OLD boy with a FORTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD woman! That is just plain wrong.

ROBERT August 22, 2008, 2:06 PM

WHEN A MAN EVEN LOOKS AT ANY FEMALE, REGARDLESS OF AGE, HE IS LABLED A PEDOPHILE, A SEXUAL PERVERT, ETC.—ESPECIALLY SHOWN ON THE MEDIAS. YOU DON’T HEAR ON THE MEDIAS ABOUT WOMEN BEING LABELED AND LEGALLY PUNISHED THAT DO THESE SAME THINGS. IF THEY DO ANYTHING—-EVEN KILLING THEIR OWN CHILDREN—-THEY JUST CLAIM: “TEMPORARY INSANITY AND WALK AWAY.

Stan August 22, 2008, 2:11 PM

One thing not mentioned in our sex-drenched society is male virginity. Despite being aroused by anyone even vaguely female, I stayed a virgin. A technical virgin, but a virgin none the less. My wife was also a virgin. We have been married 36 years, and have a rich, exciting sex life.

A scheming adult woman could have lured me into full sex. This would have altered my entire life, for the worse. In fact, a reluctant conquest is probably more enticing. Taking anyone’s virginity by guile is despicable.

SteveL August 23, 2008, 11:54 AM

Yes, adolescent males are an easy target, and it is sometimes hard to understand how they are “victimized” by such incidents. The main problem I have is that students are more-or-less held captive - required by law to come to school - and have to deal with the advances of such a teacher. As a man myself, I can also understand how embarassing and difficult it might be for the male to approach a parent or other adult about the teacher’s actions. Classmates would likely make fun of the student, wondering what is wrong with him, not wanting to have sex with an attractive, older woman.

SteveL August 23, 2008, 12:08 PM

Having finally reviewed the gallery of teachers either sentenced or charged with this behavior… Maybe I was a bit hasty in using the word “attractive” in my previous post. No wonder these women turned to hormone-charged, easily-aroused adolesent males for attention. Heck, a student SHOULD be made fun of if he wanted to have sex with most of those women! Just kidding. Sorry, just a bit of brevity there.