Man Jeans Worse Than Mom Jeans?

The newest denim trend in Hollywood includes going into your man's closet and wearing his jeans. Hey, we love a boy-cut jean--but actual men's jeans? Umm, no offense, but--why?

katie_holmes_posh_beckham_husband_jeans.jpg

Katie Holmes, Victoria Beckham and Amanda Peet have all been seen around town sporting their hubby's jeans. Posh was spotted in Disneyland and Katie's been rockin' the look while strolling around NYC. We first suspected Katie was trying to hide a baby bump, and we may have actually forgiven her then--but maybe it's just another fugly trend we don't understand. If you look that good, why hide it? It's as if they're intentionally trying to ugly it up. Would you wear your man's pants?

next: 'Dress' Gets Girl Booted
birdsfly August 12, 2008, 5:34 PM

my sister used to shop men’s jeans in HS but they fit better then that…

foxymama August 12, 2008, 7:24 PM

I like them - not constraining. I vote for comfort.

Jessi August 12, 2008, 7:38 PM

I am all for them! I for one am glad to see Victoria in something other than a provocative dress and heels… she looks lovely and normal! I’d wear my hubby’s!

Anonymous August 13, 2008, 8:59 AM

No way. They look frumpy and homeless. Ridiculous.

meg24_83 August 13, 2008, 11:09 AM

Who cares? I wore boys jeans after my pregnancy because it was cheaper than buying a new pair every month I lost weight. I donated them since I lost 50lbs and back into my skinny jeans :o)

Anna August 13, 2008, 10:02 PM

katie holmes looks like she lost a lot of weight and failed to go shopping for new clothes.

LoLo August 14, 2008, 4:30 AM

I like Posh’s look a lot. She looks cute and comfy. Katie’s would look good with just the white fitted t-shirt and sandals, instead of that loose sweater and matching flats. It doesn’t look right.

zerohelp August 25, 2008, 9:54 AM

I wear my sons old jeans because they are comfortable. And Im not giving that up EVER. I get more compliments and questions on where did you get those when i wear them then when I wear my girly ones. What is wrong with being comfortable once in a while. Just put a cute t or tank top and some flip flops or my favorite laceless black converse and go go go….

Heather September 14, 2008, 5:37 PM

Give me a break—they look terrible! If you want to be comfy and frump around, do it at home—this is like going out in your flannel pj’s!

Anonymous November 6, 2009, 12:04 PM

there’s a pattern here. the ‘news’ about posh’s style is very regularly accompanied by katie holmes doing the same thing. one of them is copying the other. really who cares if either of them are wearing mens jeans.

also katie went out and bought her own. those are too long to be tom’s.

Heather November 16, 2009, 7:55 PM

I’m not so sure this style is a case of laziness. Katie is a very tall woman, and her husband is several inches shorter than her, yet her pants are loose and long enough to have a severe break at the ankle. I highly doubt that she got those pants out of her husband’s closet. I think this is a case of trying to actively set a new trend

mike January 19, 2011, 12:04 AM