"I Kissed A Girl" Singer's Family Feud

Rumors have been swirling about how Katy Perry's mom disapproves of her daughter's hit song about same-sex experimentation...now, hear Katy's side of the story.

This week, the Internet has been buzzing about Katy Perry's preacher parents publicly expressing disappointment in their daughter. Mary Hudson allegedly told Britain's Daily Mail, "I can't even listen to that song... It promotes homosexuality and its message is shameful and disgusting. When it comes on the radio, I bow my head and pray... She is our daughter and we love her and can't cut her out of our lives. But we strongly disagree with how she is conducting herself and she knows how disappointed we are. The message she is promoting is about homosexuality, which the Bible clearly states is a sin."

But on her video blog, Katy claims her mother never even said these things:

Is this a case of mistaken identity, or is Katy just embarrassed that her mom doesn't support her?

next: Is Grandma Too Old to Babysit?
Anonymous August 20, 2008, 6:11 PM

How cares? It’s a stupid song anyway.

shanna August 20, 2008, 7:51 PM

As a mom of a teen who knows all the words to this song, I happen to care about what her mother thinks!

Katie August 21, 2008, 1:07 AM

Paparazzi are always trying to make people feud so that they can finally write something TRUE in their crappy papers. I don’t see anything wrong with the song, I happen to LOVE the song.

Coming from a 24 year old, mom of a 9 month old daughter, I see nothing wrong with it. If my daughter grows up and feels the way the girl in the song feels, I’ll be supportive, and if she’s happy then I’m happy.

SARAH August 22, 2008, 7:44 AM

WHO CARES, THAT SONG IS GAY….LOL

Theresa August 30, 2008, 7:00 PM

My 20 year old daughter brought this song (and it’s lyrics) to my attention - while I’m not into that scene, the music sticks in my head - wish she didn’t make it so catchy - it’s NOT the kind of thing I want to walk around the office humming

Gloria October 4, 2008, 9:48 AM

It is a very likeable song, and Katie Perry is beautiful and brave for wanting to sing about this topic. But, I think it makes the idea too easy, for girls that deal with the flirtation of having a closer relationship with a girl friend, this type of message enhances the chance that two experimenting types, just might take the chance. The song also states, I hope my boyfriend dosen’t mind it. I kissed a girl, and I liked it, the (taste) of her cherry chapstick, whoa, what does that tell you? It wasn’t just a peck, if your tasting your kind of like what? Are you smelling the chap stick? or are you, you know something else? Then it is even more provocative, but this subject was also brought up by Britney Spears with her feminine kiss with Madonna. It hopefully will be another fadish thing, that will set into the sunset of this rather mixed set of young people, agian, people don’t need songs to tell them what to do.