Is Casey Anthony a Criminal Mom?

Two-year-old Caylee Anthony was missing for over a month before her mother notified police. Will she end up on this list of notorious criminal moms?

Casey Anthony, 22, notified police on July 16 that her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, had been missing for five weeks. Pictures have surfaced of Casey partying at bars as well as participating in a Hot Body contest -- after her daughter went missing.  At this time, the Florida police are still looking to find the missing girl -- and Casey is currently in jail as a possible suspect in her daughter's disappearance with bail set at $500,000. She has allegedly told her father that Caylee will be home for her birthday, August 9.

Will Casey Anthony become another notorious criminal mother? It seems that the news has been full of moms abusing and even murdering their own children. In some cases, they even make their children accomplices in their crimes.

Do you think Casey will be added to this list?

caylee_gallery_3.jpg
Click to see photos of Caylee and Casey Anthony.

next: Brits Like 'Em Bigger than Americans?
SteveB August 5, 2008, 10:02 AM

I should be evident even to a blind person that this child is no longer with us. What a sad family the Anthonys’ are. No wonder Casey is the way she is.

Watching from New York August 5, 2008, 10:11 AM

Casey Anthony is a new brand of criminal mom. She has no conscience, no fear and no obvious concern for her so-called missing child.

Her only concerns are for herself. When she was apprehended, she had freshly-painted toenails, freshly-waxed eyebrows, a trendy little hairdo and, according to reports, a new tattoo that say, disturbingly, Bella Vida, beautiful life.

It was gotten in “honor” of her daughter, friends said.

Casey is a pathological liar, a trait it appears she learned at home. The Anthony family are beginning to seem to me more like the Manson Family. I cannot believe the avalanche of lies that come out of Cindy and George’s mouths.

These people, you get the sense, have been lying their entire lives.

Casey Anthony is a petty criminal who should have been stopped long ago. Friends tell of stolen checkbooks and money. She stole her mom’s car and racked up about $45,000 in charges. I hope that this paper trail she left helps to indict her.

As the mother of three kids, two grown, I must say that outwardly, Casey appears so much like an average college-age American girl that it makes this case all the more riveting. Self-centered, addicted to shopping, partying and irresponsible, slutty behavior, Casey is the face of American youth.

But with a horrible, horrifying twist.

I do not think that there is a caring, intelligent mother in America who cannot intuit the terrible fate that befell Caylee. Casey’s guilt is written all over her smug face.

Casey Anthony is our worst national product. Part of our fascination with this case is our frustration that it is taking so long for the authorities to nail her.

May justice prevail for little Caylee Marie Anthony. Casey, you never deserved the gift of that precious child. The walls of the jail cell you will inhabit for the rest of your life will feel as cold to you as Caylee’s tomb. But she is in heaven, guarded by angels, while you will be in hell.

Irma knoles August 5, 2008, 10:57 AM

Is it possible that the mother does know where the child is at and actually having someone keep her? The way the mother is maybe she is doing all this just for big publicity may be she thinks she could write a book about the incident to get money.

Patty August 5, 2008, 11:28 AM

I also agree. I believe that Caylee is no longer with us and I think this mother should pay the highest of all penalties for what she has done.She is a very sick person to do what she did and is doing. And her brother and parents should wake up already. It is horrifying to know what she did to Caylee First of all, if she was not guilty, she would not have waited so long to tell her parents and the authorities, she has done something and is covering it up. I do not believe that she is trying to protect Caylee and herself from anyone. She is only trying to protect herself from everyone finding out what she had done. I think she is a pathological liar, and a very sick woman. Hopefully God will work in her heart to tell the truth.

Stacey August 5, 2008, 11:34 AM

In my heart, I hope Caylee is alive, but it just not seem to be where this is going to lead. It is horrific that a beautiful child like Caylee has disappeared and her mother acted in the way she has. Casey’s parents are another issue. Parents tend to protect their children, but be real.

emma August 5, 2008, 11:55 AM

the kid is absolutely dead. no question. hence the human decomposition smell (which is like NO other smell! jesus!) in the trunk. it was accidental i’m sure. but after the kid died (asphyxiation? heat exhaustion? drowning? ingested drugs left out? alcohol left out?) and casey panicked, buried her somewhere (the park? landmill? swamp?) and actually felt relieved. i’m a generation x-er (born in ‘71) and i gotta tell you, these millenial kids born in the 80’s and 90’s are unbelievable. they are the most self centered self indulged generation i have ever come across. those us of born in the late 60’s and 70’s respected authority, went with the flow, and knew right from wrong. young adults today have NO respect for elders, make up their own rules, and are whorish, lazy, and bratty. casey is a perfect example. and the parents really do condone it and encourage their kids to be assholes. the young baby boomer generation really messed up in how they raised their kids. the kids are total jerks. casey will probably get life in prison which she deserves. i feel sorry for the anthony’s though. i think they really did believe her and then realized she was lying and are trying to figure out what to do cause they don’t want her to spend her life in prison.

Kelly August 5, 2008, 12:36 PM

She is quite obviously a psychopath. She lies continuously, has no remorse or concern for her daughter and only thinks of herself. All the people in her life are mere “things” to be manipulated. As a psychopath she does not have the ability to “feel” anything for others. There is no hope of finding Caylee alive. When they find her body Casey will only be remorseful that she was caught.

birdsfly August 5, 2008, 12:59 PM

OK, a lot of people in my generation are great parents and great, respectful professionals, can we quit the generalizations?

Colleen August 5, 2008, 1:28 PM

Unfortunately I do not believe Caylee will be found alive. I do believe the mother knows exactly what happened to her and where she is. I do not understand why the police nor her family aren’t integrogating the crap out of her. Screw her rights, she shouldn’t have any. Torture her until she talks. If my daughter were missing they’d have to give me something to shut me up. Children are the most precious gifts we could ever receive. I hope she rots in hell!!

Genevieve August 5, 2008, 2:03 PM

I, too, believe Caylee is not alive. However, I do not believe her death was an accident by any means.

In addition, I don’t believe her parents are really buying into Casey’s lies at all but are basically playing her in order to find out where Caylee’s body is.

I believe the reason they are doing this is because of the way Casey reacted when she saw news reports of her mother ‘bad mouthing’ her. I feel that Cindy may have then decided to ‘display’ or put on a support front. In essence, playing the player.

ms. snippy August 5, 2008, 7:29 PM

I have been more upset about runaway dogs than Casey is about her “missing” daughter. This sociopathic mother clearly killed her daughter. I think she would have fessed up to an accidental death to seek attention. Her words, “She’s close to home.” ring in my ears. I want to know how close - in short, where did she put the body?

Dorothy August 6, 2008, 6:35 AM

I am saddened that a child is “missing”. However crazy the mother is lets all pray that Caylee is still alive. We have to have hope even if it is a slim chance that she is still alive. Lets just hope Casey hasn’t sold Caylee into modern slavery or some child Prostitution situation. The truth will come out in the long run. God Bless the little children!!

lisa August 6, 2008, 8:22 AM

You wrote that Casey reported her child missing. Other news media report it was the Grandmother……it is important to get all facts straight when you are a reporter.

Meanwhile Casey and her family are all sick people who care nothing for human life!!!!!

kelly August 6, 2008, 8:35 AM

I live in Orlando. A few miles from where the Anthony’s live. If you pull up her name on facebook and click view her friends, she left a comment on a friends page on July 3rd about the tattoo and that she was waiting for some of her “favorite people to come home”. Has anyone looked into this??

Gilleis August 6, 2008, 10:29 AM

Caylee has not been abducted. It’s the story Casey is sticking with until someone PROVES to her that they know otherwise, and can show her the evidence. She is going to remain clammed up, maybe forever, to try to stay out of prison or the gas chamber. My first opinion was that she left Caylee in the hot car. Now that I have seen more of her and her family I’m more inclined to believe that a narcissitic Casey took Caylee away to “punish” Cindy for loving her more, and then when Caylee cried because she missed her grandma Casey got mad and shook her or strangled her in a fit of jealous rage.

Erin August 6, 2008, 12:47 PM

Well the whole tattoo thing is interesting. It reads Bella Vida which does mean “Beautifl Life” however, there is a new subdivision under construction right now in Orlando called??? Bella Vida. It is heart wrenching to think that little Caylee may be under concrete in that location as we have no idea what her sociapathic mother was thinking over the last 4 weeks.

heaven August 6, 2008, 12:58 PM

I can see where Casey gets her lying ways from after meeting the family. I can’t believe her snobby brother was on the news saying they were throwing away gifts from concerned citizens because they “smelled like smoke” and they are not a smoking family. They may not be a “smoking family”, but they are not a “respectable family”. I challenge anyone to put a pizza box in their trunk for 2 weeks and see if cadavor dogs hit on it. Test Mrs. Anthony’s theory. These results are already back and there is a reason they are not releasing them. I can’t believe these crazy graandparents are condoning their daughters behavior. I could never do that. Ms. Anthony thinks she can get away with murder- but she will not. God Bless You Caylee.

Kathy August 6, 2008, 2:25 PM

My husband and I had 2 toddler sons die 27 years ago in a tragic accident. Even now after all these years I cannot speak of them without tears coming. Casey is no more a grieving mother than Susan Smith was! Personally, we think they should arrest Cindy Anthony for obstruction of justice since she”knows so much more that she can’t say” about the case. As to the behavior of the Anthony family, they obviously have no breeding. We would never think of disposing of things given out of concern for our loss. Those things could have been donated to a shelter or to Goodwill if they were not wanted. PLEASE let the DNA tests come in soon so that we may hear what lies Cindy will tell about that!

stacy August 6, 2008, 3:06 PM

I believe the entire family is involved.
Casey lied about just about everything. Cindy lied about the pizza story, the news stations proved that wrong by leaving pizza in a truck parked in the hot sun for 12 days and the outcome was it still smelled like pizza. Cindy and George lied about the gas cans. Being that George was a cop don’t you believe in the justice system or were you nervous about something. If lie after lie is being told something is not right about his entire family. George being an ex-cop and Cindy being an ex-nurse add up to two people very capable of hiding important information. Being a nurse I have to say she would have to know what a decomposing body smells like. I honestly believe lie after lie is being told to protect each other not just Casey. This family has the entire nation on a wild goose chase.
Did anyone notice the Larry King live show last night? Mr. King had experts on forensics, attorney etc. to discuss the case. I found it extremely odd that Cindy called after the forensics expert left to ask about how to tell if a postmortem hair or hair from someone who is alive. WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT? I feel Cindy asks such odd questions at odd times. Is she trying to learn these things to cover up other things?

In time evidence will tell this tragic story and justice will hopefully give it a more peaceful ending.

Things to ponder:
If the parents lied why aren’t they being charged for obstructing an investigation?
Why haven’t they taken polygraphs?
Why haven’t they dug up the backyard for more clues?
Why not check out the Bella Vida subdivision? Casey did get that as a tattoo of that name that means “beautiful life”, is it a clue?
Has anyone tried to take finger prints from the vacant apartment that Zenaida apparently lived at? This woman apparently babysat for Caylee for years…any pictures of her so we may post on the news. Any sketch drawings so we can look out for her.

If (and I hope she is) Caylee is alive and this entire story was created to be in the limelight, to get book deals, movie deals, etc because they are in debt from the poor excuse of a daughter. I sure hope the justice system steps in to prevent that. This family deserves nothing except to be behind bars, separated from each other and this world that has mourned for that beautiful child.

Paige August 6, 2008, 4:08 PM

Let’s all offer a prayer to Caylee and hope that she is still alive…

SAD but TRUE: Some people don’t value the gift that was given to them. Caylee is a gift from GOD. It’s so unfortunate that her mom doesn’t think that way…