Is Casey Anthony a Criminal Mom?

Two-year-old Caylee Anthony was missing for over a month before her mother notified police. Will she end up on this list of notorious criminal moms?

Casey Anthony, 22, notified police on July 16 that her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, had been missing for five weeks. Pictures have surfaced of Casey partying at bars as well as participating in a Hot Body contest -- after her daughter went missing.  At this time, the Florida police are still looking to find the missing girl -- and Casey is currently in jail as a possible suspect in her daughter's disappearance with bail set at $500,000. She has allegedly told her father that Caylee will be home for her birthday, August 9.

Will Casey Anthony become another notorious criminal mother? It seems that the news has been full of moms abusing and even murdering their own children. In some cases, they even make their children accomplices in their crimes.

Do you think Casey will be added to this list?

caylee_gallery_3.jpg
Click to see photos of Caylee and Casey Anthony.

next: Brits Like 'Em Bigger than Americans?
Tina August 7, 2008, 1:44 AM

That crazy girl has said one lie after another. Fist she said the little girl was safe,now the child is in danger. That way if they fine her body,she will blame some one else. The whole family is nuts. Not one tear from any of them.

Dianne August 7, 2008, 2:26 AM

First Casey said that she felt Caylee was safe and close, today I heard her mother Cindy say that Casey has now told her(in so many words)Caylee’s life is in Danger, I think Casey is holding out as long as she can telling the truth, but I think she’s started to fear police may be getting close. So she’s changed her story again saying Caylee is in danger, I feel or at least am wondering if she hasn’t come up with a plan or idea that if they do find caylee’s body, in her mind she’s thinking she can play it off like someone did have her but, they killed her because of all all the media attention ,the police/investigation and her Family doing interviews. I just pray that this child is found safe and alive though, but it’s looking dimmer and dimmer with each day that passes.

Gilleis August 7, 2008, 10:08 AM

Casey has nothing but time to sit in jail and continue to concoct whatever the story of the day may be. I am 100% convinced that there will be an excuse no matter what they find. She’s been planning this since probably before little Caylee went missing. She’s a sociopath, but she’s smart. The detectives will have their hands full coming up with enough concrete evidence to counter every scenario she is going to throw at them. Even the grandmother, Cindy, is starting to prepare excuses. She called into Larry King the other night to determine whether hair could really be determined pre or post mortem…and if it would be simply circumstancial evidence. She clearly cares less about finding her granddaugher than defending her good-for-nothing daughter. Well, apple didn’t fall to far from that tree. Hopefully Cindy sticks her nose into things too far to land herself with an obstructing justice charge too. I’ve lost all sympathy for that family. Only Caylee needs our thoughts and prayers. If I were anyone in that family I’d be too distraught to function and yet they have all the wits of someone who doesn’t even know the baby. Disgusting. It’s despicable to that baby’s honor to even show your face without tear-streaked cheeks and a shaky voice.

Sandra Deffner August 7, 2008, 3:21 PM

i hope they sterilize her so she cant have any more kids

karina August 12, 2008, 1:20 AM

I think she kill her child and the grandma helper hide the body or something because the grandma wasn’t very concern about it I hope I’m wrong but I think the grandma has something to do whit it.

Martina August 19, 2008, 7:14 AM

I think that Casey has her daughter alive and well in hiding. She’s doing this to spite her mother and when hate is so ingrained in the heart it will make people do anything to hurt even the ones they love.

BonKai August 20, 2008, 7:50 AM

I don’t believe Caylee is alive. I PRAY that I am wrong.

This bounty hunter is just as delusional as Casey (and Cindy) in his thinking that Casey will talk if/when she gets out on bond.

I understand that the investigators cannot disclose information about the evidence that they have, but I would really like to know what they have - if anything. Casey had a month to cover her tracks.

Georgia Mom August 20, 2008, 12:43 PM

I honestly don’t believe that Casey will be bonded. There is a reason why “paperwork procedures” keeping holding up her release. Investigators have information and are very close. They are doing all they can to keep her in jail until they get the concrete evidence together to charge and convict Casey. I believe they are very, very close.

Ellen Dee August 20, 2008, 11:41 PM

These people appear to come from the bottom of the barrel. There is no feeling that comes from any of them….absolutely, none!

My heart goes out to this poor, innocent child. There are so many good, loving people, who would give anything for a child like her.

Some things in life are hard to understand. This is another example of the sick people who have children, who never should have!

Curtis in N.C. August 21, 2008, 3:33 AM

She will never tell the whole truth.She is a sociopath.I was married to one for twenty years. Every day is a battle to determine what they are lying about.It can be anything.If she is pushed into a corner by overwhelming evidence, she will clam up or tell new lies.It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that she had sold the little girl.She apparently wanted the free and clear lifestyle her daughter was just in the way.I pray Caylee is alive.

Patti August 25, 2008, 1:46 AM

I agree with everyone who says that Casey was jealous of the relationship between Caylee and her grandmother. I’m sure that the Anthony’s treated her like there own child and may have deveoped that bond where they really thought they were her parents. But, does anyone find it strange that Casey keeps telling her family that she feels Caylee is safe and close to home. My friends and I have discussed this and I wonder if this is a hint from Casey that the child is safe (probably dead which means she is in God’s hands), and she is close to home ( a hint that she is buried somewhere close to the house). My concern is that if she is dead, with all the storms that have hit Orlando will this hurt the investigation or could it help them by stirring up waters in the lakes and ponds.

T in Columbus, OH August 26, 2008, 2:19 PM

…what if Leonard Padilla was hired by the fbi, since the cops were getting no where with her in jail… an interesting strategy would be to have her out of jail, closely monitored - maybe bug the home in an attempt to catch some admission….

human August 27, 2008, 10:41 PM

I don’t feel it fair to degrade a family that is going through such a tragedy and speak horrible things about two grandparents who at this moment must be truly crushed and heartbroken. Any one of us as human being still living in this world know not what kinds of life situtations we will have to face, for no matter how good of a person one thinks they are, not one of us know what the futere holds. I am sure the Anthony family is just as good and loving family as any that tried to show the right diriction to their daughter as you if a parent or grandparent have. No parent can have total control. It is very easy standing back and making judgement when its not your heart being torn out, so please have just a little compassion, say a prayer for Caylee and the entire family and pray that you will never have to faced with such a heartbreaking situtation.
Please forgive my spelling for it is late but please think about my words.

Norma Campbell August 28, 2008, 5:55 AM

I have thought from the start that this is another Trenton Duckett case(where abouts of child unknown). Casey has contradicted just about everything she has ever said. She says daughter safe, then says she is in danger. Says she doesn’t know where she is, then says she FEELS she is close to home. She seems to try and go so many directions it is impossible to believe her.

In my opinion she would be a real challange for a psychiatrist.She stole money, a car, gas cans, borrowed a shovel. What more do authorities need to know to know this adorable little girl is dead? It is so sad for her, and the Grandparents. It is truly heartbreaking for the little girl. So many people would have loved to have had her to raise. How sad. I have no sympathy for Casey.

TRACY August 28, 2008, 10:30 AM

I JUST READ THE COMMENT ABOUT THE TATTOO I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW CONSTRUCTION WAS EVER TAKEN TO THE POLICE AND IT IS BEING LOOKED INTO? IF CASEY HAS A TATTOO THAT HAS THE SAME NAME AS A NEW CONSTRUCTION SITE AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THIS? THIS IS TO COINCIDENTAL.

Peaches August 29, 2008, 8:49 AM

OMG. I don’t watch the news much so I had never heard this story before today but I almost passed out from disbelief when I started reading this and everyone’s comments. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?? I’m so tired of hearing about mothers murdering their children, leaving them in hot cars to die, leaving them with their boyfriends to have them murdered. It’s getting out of control. And sadly, YES the majority of these crimes are happening with mothers of my generation(I’m 27…) Having and rasing a baby these days doesn’t seem to carry the same seriousness as it did when our parents had us. Granted, my mother was definitely NOT mother of the year in any sense, she made sure we were always safe and taken care of.

In the few minutes in which I first came upon this post, I’ve read numerous stories on the case. Stories reported the last 2 days have confirmed that stains and hair found in the trunk of her car are that of a decomposed body and DNA tests confirm that the samples are that of Caylee Anthony. There is no doubt in my mind that this child is no longer with us and that her “mother” has no remorse whatsoever. I mean come on… she lied about where the child was, borrowed a neighbors SHOVEL… lied about her babysitter, went out clubbing… that’s just the beginning. I believe that baby is buried in SOMEONE’S backyard. I hope I’m wrong but either way, Casey Anthony is a demon and deserves to burn in the fiery pits of hell.

Christina August 29, 2008, 2:19 PM

I have been following the news on this from the beginning and reading everything I can about the case. Who are we to judge Casey, especially when all the facts are unknown? The news has a way of reporting what they want people to believe. A whole lot of speculation. Stop judging this family, you have no right. Justice will come to Casey if she is guilty, either through court or through a spiritual sense(some call it God). Please look at your own life and get that in order. If you really think Casey is a murderer, pray for her and her family and watch what God will do. Stop judging when guilt is not proven, only speculated. Remember back a couple decades and even some court cases now. Someone was guilty in court because of the color of their skin, even if they didn’t commit the crime, people believed they did the crime. How different is this case than that? I would not want to be in a situation where everyone says I am guilty because of the way the media is portraying this case.

Christina August 29, 2008, 2:20 PM

megonly August 30, 2008, 6:41 PM

Could Casey be in the sex trade? It happened to someone in my upper middle class family after she had an abortion,(it was twins) then a breakdown, ran away, and got hooked on drugs.

Look at that “escort” that got the NY gov in trouble. Did her family know how she earned her money? If Casey would steal, con, withdraw her grandparents’ money, write fake checks, she clearly would do about anything for money. Is she a prostitute or call girl, and does she have a manager or pimp? Just a thought that has occured to me. You’d never believe my cousin was a prostitute, but she sure was.

Is Lee her biological brother,(Cay-Lee combines both names…)is George her bio Dad or step dad? Something about that odd grin of his, not to mention his extreme anger, makes me think he knows more than he lets on, more than the mother even, and is covering up for Casey.

I agree with some who say her generation has members who can be an “anything goes” group: particularly inclined to be amoral, lazy and selfish. And they’ve been taught through sitcoms that adults are idiots, to be outsmarted, not folks to emulate, to become or to respect.

Thank goodness for the good young adults who are the exception to this trend! No wonder foreign countries fear our culture.

Rebecca September 1, 2008, 2:03 AM

I think casey anthony is more concerend about her p@$#y then her daughter and i hope that she burns in hell