Mom Forces Children to Have Sex

A mom and her boyfriend have been sentenced to life in prison--an alleged swinger's club member who witnessed the sex acts goes on trial this week.

mom_forces_kids_to_have_sex270.jpg

A building that once housed a daycare center and later became a "swingers' club" in Mineola, Texas, turned into a house of horrors for four children who were forced to perform sex acts on others and each other.

Shauntel Mayo, 29, the ringleader of this unthinkable abuse, made her three kids (then ages 5, 6, and 7) and her own 6-year-old baby sister perform sex acts if they wanted dinner. "The unthinkable," said Smith County assistant district attorney Joe Murphy. "She had her kids have sex with each other and taught them to masturbate. She taught them how to strip. She withheld food from them. All so she could make money."

One of the alleged members of the sex club, Patrick "Booger Red" Kelly, is on trial this week for charges of organized criminal activity and aggravated sexual assault of a child. Murphy's opening statements began with, "Ladies and gentleman of the jury, this case is about pure evil--and that's what you're going to hear from the witnesses in this case."

Pure evil might be an understatement. According to prosecutors, the kids were groomed for sex shows in what Mayo called "kindergarten" classes. At "kindergarten," they said they learned how to strip, dance and perform sexual acts--first on dolls, then on each other. Upon "graduating" from "kindergarten," they were forced to have sex with each other in front of 50 to 100 adult members of a swingers' club once a week. Before going on stage, they were given the painkiller Vicodin--which their abusers called "silly pills"--to loosen them up for their performances. The children were forced to have sex with each other or perform sexual acts for club members who paid a fee to watch. Investigators believe up to 15 other children were victimized, and are still trying to locate them.

According to the Associated Press, the police department first investigated a complaint in June 2005 in which the siblings' foster mother said one of the girls described dancing toward men and another child said that "everybody does nasty stuff in there."

"We learned to strip (at 'kindergarten')," said the 7-year-old. "I had to touch my privates with my sister's and brother's privates for the people in the club."

The mother of the three siblings and her live-in boyfriend have already been convicted in the case and were sentenced to life in prison.

The siblings, who have been adopted and have gone through intense therapy, are now doing better, the welfare agency said. However, the man who gained permanent custody of the children, John Orville Cantrell, 64, of Mineola, was recently arrested for aggravated sexual assault of a child on a California case from 18 years ago.

What's your reaction to this horrifying case?

next: Paris for President
ANNIE February 1, 2009, 2:46 PM

I do not know if this case is true or not. I do know the Margie Cantrell is capable of convincing anyone of anything. She is a scary, powerful, controlling and evil person. She does everything with rage with threats or claiming she is a loving Christian or claims of mothering many with selfless love. She toots a very loud horn. Her foster parenting for dollars has caused many children great emotional harm. One of the many ways she controls the foster children is to convince them she is their only answer; no other person will protect them, love them or help them. DO NOT base any of your case on what she or anyone under her control has to say. If these kids are being coached by her they will be under her spell. Get them away from her for an extended period of time. Take them to a professional that can judge their truth. These kids could be harmed again by Margie filling their heads with stories and false memories.
Look at the comments from the ‘Vacaville Reporter’ blog in California.

Anonymous February 5, 2009, 11:09 AM

Annie, I think you are on the right track. I am the aunt of one of the accused and I am thinking the same thing you are thinking. I really find this whole story to be unblievable. I am sure there was alot of child neglect on the parents part, but the more I hear about Margie and her husband I wonder if the kids are better off with them. I wished things were investigated better than they were.I pray for my great great nieces and nephews.

Someone with first hand knowledge February 9, 2009, 12:51 PM

Just thought everyone should know that John Cantrell has been cleared of all charges. Annie, you are wrong. The children are safe, happy and very much loved. Margie and John Cantrell would put their lives on the line for these children because of everything they have had to endure at such a young age. Even through all of this with the charges against John they haven’t given up on them. The Cantrell’s are angels in my opinion.

Anonymous February 10, 2009, 12:09 PM

Someone with first hand knowledge… Would you trust Mr. Cantrell to care for one of your Children? I admit Shauntel was a terrible mother, but I would never put any one of my children in the care of him, or a women that stayed with a man that was accused of what he was accused of. I don’t care if he has been cleared, How long did she put these and other children in the same house with him before he was “Cleared”. I feel like Children should have not been allowed around him. How can a woman stay with a man that May have committed such a crime? I agree with Annie. Annie you Rule!!!!!
The Aunt

Someone with first hand knowledge February 14, 2009, 11:01 PM

Yes, I would trust them both 100%. If you had read the police report with the accusations, you would know that it was full of obvious lies and contradictions, hence the judge’s decision. John is 100% innocent and his wife stood by him because she knew that. She had all the information. You and Annie, however, don’t have all of the information that the judge had. He threw it out with good reason and I’m positive that he sleeps well at night KNOWING that he made the right decision.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 8:23 AM

Well the judge that cleared this man is not the judge that John will face in the end. The only judge that he needs to answer to is God. I hope he knows that. There are alot of guilty people walking the streets that happen to beat the system, but they won’t be able to beat it in the end.

Someone with first hand knowledge March 4, 2009, 6:49 PM

Again, there is more information than what has been presented to the public that proves his innocence. Yes, there are alot of guilty people walking around the streets. However, John is not one of them.

Anonymous March 11, 2009, 8:07 AM

My answer to you is: Those kids were Possibly brainwashed, and it seems you may be alittle brainwashed too. I still would be cautious about leaving my children in his care. I still would never leave my child with him. I am afraid that somehow, someway it may not be the best thing to do. He may be innocent, but who really knows? You don’t, I don’t, the judge that said he is innocent really doesn’t.

linds kelly April 3, 2009, 2:46 AM

EXCUSE ME, did I miss something.Idon’t remember anything about the Judge finding HIM, innocent, did I miss it in the paper, in an e-mail. I do remember it being stated “the Statue of Limitations had run out, DOES THAT MEAN HE’ NOT GUILTY.I think not. Read the recent article in April’s TEXAS MONTHLY and find out who are truly the innocent victims Here Ones who were sent to prison for life, for something they did’t do. Get the facts, and the truth before you start sprouting off stuff you really know nothing about

Chree Rushing April 3, 2009, 10:17 AM

Linda, I agree with you. I think that the “someone with first hand knowledge” must know something that know one else knows. I guess Margie told her that, or should I say convinced her of that. I still say GUILTY. I say everyone accused should be set free and Margie be put out of business as a foster mom. Take the states money from her and see how long she keeps those kids. She has got to be running scared after the Texas Monthly issue. She is a Monster.

poopie April 7, 2009, 1:28 AM

That is hot!!!

Pharmd185 September 16, 2009, 12:54 PM

Very nice site!

Pharmd800 October 31, 2009, 5:49 PM

Very nice site!

Anonymous November 14, 2009, 2:25 PM

that “code” among inmates is nil. molestors do just fine in prison. when was the last time you heard a news report of a molestor gettting killed in prison?

Pharmc145 November 25, 2009, 6:26 AM

Very nice site!

side effects acai berry May 7, 2010, 1:48 AM

Soon Economic,wood talk relevant mine be plan reduce variety meet affair theatre video housing factory president accompany grant role alone where partly welfare model nice though whole change either explore later town king for head low low wild late good operation personal apparently line few typical side equipment by lead alternative the can afford group play prisoner nearly assessment anything technical danger situation university closely instrument hence return context capable colour nation art must conservative meaning nod rely dog exercise asset order balance writer book strongly threaten body media bad eat senior foreign deep close afford

Stacey and danielle( who is not my friend no more) May 19, 2010, 5:36 PM

Ok so this is what my friend said not me the bottom is my opinion ok
Lucky people who saw them. I would like to see live kiddie-sex. i would go to them and have the sex with them.

these people who saw and was part of making this.!!!!!!

bill May 24, 2010, 10:48 AM

ooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pharmd88 December 9, 2010, 6:51 AM

Hello! efcdgce interesting efcdgce site!

Hello Kitty Roller Rescue Game December 30, 2010, 9:59 PM

Can I make a suggestion? I believe you’ve had sth great over here. However what if you also offered some references towards a website which supports what you are you said? Or perhaps you may provide us with something to look at, something would certainly link up just what you were mentioning, sth more tangible?