Size 12, You're Fat!

Guest blogger MILF Mommy thinks you're fat.

size_12_is_fat_c.jpg

I am sick and tired of hearing that it's OK to be a size 12. I understand that this is the average weight of women in the United States, but since when does average make everything OK? Here's some low-cal food for thought...

1. You're not as cute as you could be. Being a size 12 is neither healthy nor is it attractive. Ask any man (in private) if he'd prefer that his size 12 wife lose weight and he'd say, "YES!"

2. You're lying about feeling good. Any woman who says she'd rather be a size 12 than a size 6 is lying. Think about it. Have you ever met someone who has lost weight who regrets it? Does anyone ever say, "I hate how I look in this sexy dress with my toned arms"? Or, "I preferred it when I had a muffin top belly and huge thighs"?

3. Stop pretending you are on a diet. I'm also sick of these size 12 women pretending that they do everything possible, but just can't lose the weight. That's impossible. If you really exercised 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and ate the recommended 1800 calories a day, you wouldn't be a size 12. So stop pretending. And FYI -- it defeats the purpose if you eat salads for every meal that are covered in bacon and blue cheese dressing.

4. Thin people aren't lucky -- they work harder than you. I work very hard to be a size 4. It's difficult, but I always find the time to work out. I also make many food sacrifices. I would love to eat baked ziti for lunch and get dessert after every meal. I'd also be thrilled to drink a beer! But, sometimes in life you have to give things up in order to gain something bigger.

5. Stop using genes as a crutch. I get it. Sometimes it's harder for people to eat well and exercise than it is for others--being heavy may run in your family, you may have had an issue way back when. The same goes for people who do drugs, but it doesn't make it OK that they are addicts.

This may sound harsh, but you are doing a disservice to our children. I don't want my daughters under the delusion that life will be easy as a chunky person. It's harder to get work, find a husband and even walk up stairs. It's also a good way to decrease your life expectancy. It seems to be taboo to discuss this epidemic too loudly, but I think it's time we start.

Related Galleries

next: Is Sunscreen Dangerous for Kids?
Mila September 5, 2008, 12:32 PM

A very stupid write this is. Totally redundant.

Anonymous guy September 5, 2008, 12:42 PM

This has to be one of the most ego-maniacal articles I’ve read in a long time. I am an average guy I’d say, and yes, being a small female does have it’s advantages in the case of sex appeal, but just because somebody doesn’t look like they’re about to break in half doesn’t mean that men won’t find them attractive. There is much more to being found attractive than what size dress you wear, and you seem to be missing the common sense to realize that. I’d rather be with a size 15 woman with a great personality and level head than a size 4 with her head stuck up her own butt. If you had any decency in your tiny little head I would apologize not only to the numerous women you insult with this article, but to the men you insult by insinuating that all we see is a waist and a pretty face.

Ellie September 5, 2008, 1:11 PM

Amazing! I am almost 4 months pregnant now and still can squeeze in my 9’s but I by all means was not fat. I’ve always had an incredibly curvy body, big breasts, little waist (a lot of people were amazed by how small it was) and a curvy butt. I have long muscular legs. I weighed 141 pounds. No one believed me, they thought I weighed 125ish. My point is, I was unhappy when I got married I dropped about 10 pounds because I couldn’t eat for a week before, since I was so nervous. I lost some of my breasts and a lot of my butt. I actually was pretty bummed because I got looked at a lot more heavier than I did thinner. I also attract more men than most women, because I am fun and confident. Little petite women don’t have what I have when I walk into a room. I’m 5’7” curvy and I can turn a lot of heads. Most tiny girls can’t. This article is from some woman who is insecure with herself and trying to bring other women down. Honestly, I have no problems with heavier people because they aren’t me. If it bothers you that much you should probably seek some sort of help because that’s no way to live your life. My older sister is diabetic and had breast cancer at the age of 33, she has been a size 13 since she had her kids. It’s hard for a diabetic to workout and eat healthy in a way where they can lose weight. She is forced to go through early menopouse (spelling) because it’ll keep the cancer away. She has a hard time losing weight…So don’t give me that, everyone can do it. Lots of people have medical and genetic reasons for being heavy. So MILF lady, I can promise you, most men wouldn’t dig you, they’d just like to have their way with you and scram. Cause you are a big fat WITCH with a capital B. I can’t barely stand to hear you talk, and I am pretty in tune with men. Your body is more than likely all you’ve got…Men don’t stick around for a body. Work on your insides.

and BTW, I don’t need a boob job like a lot of skinny women. Thank the lord, now my baby can eat!

Ellie September 5, 2008, 1:13 PM

Ellie September 5, 2008, 1:15 PM

Judy September 5, 2008, 1:23 PM

Get over yourself size 6 !!! Size 6 does not mean healthy. Everyone is different. How can you determine how a person feels by the size they wear? I think you overloaded your mouth with your judgment of others.. Not cool and very immature thinking.

By the way I know some zeros that would think YOU are a fatty at size 6….

I could never fit into a 6 top due to my natural DD breasts.. Everyone’s body is unique…..

I also think you would be suprised how many men like some curves instead of a skeletal looking woman.

Who likes to go out with anyone to eat who picks at their food and will not eat bread? That is miserable.
Enjoy life……

I love my figure, I exercise, watch my diet most of the time but enjoy life….

Be healthy and happy….work what you have….

Size 9/10

suzie September 5, 2008, 1:27 PM

this is total s—t. get real you plank stupid public. Body weight is individual. People have different frames and musculature. This attitude creates eating disorders and lifetime neurosis that people never get over.

new mommy September 5, 2008, 1:51 PM

First off… Milf Mommy is it?
Im SO sorry that us chubby people of the world are taking up too much space for you. But waht you need to realize is there are people with problems , that cant control how they look or feel , and there are some women who cant afford to go to thr luxury gym and spa every day because we have more important things , like feeding the baby , or cleaning the house, or working so that we can afford to survive. but i guess when your a spoiled little size 4 house wife who might have one child biologicly (because god forbid she loose her figure) and you dont have anything better to do but to brag to every one that you know about how tiny you are and how you hate fat people that the reality of someones actuall health wouldnt even cross into your little world! ill have you know that i know plenty of people that are a size twelve if not bigger and perfectly healthy. and other people that were once smaller than you , but because of health problems arent anymore. THEY CANT HELP THAT!!! and someone who is a size 12 is FINE!!!! SO STOP B*TCHING ABOUT FAT PEOPLE AND EAT A FREAKIN SNICKERS!!! BECAUSE GUESS WHAT ! FAT PEOPLE AS YOU LIKE TO CALL US ARENT GOING ANY WHERE !!!!

Mellissa September 5, 2008, 1:55 PM

What a horribly unhappy Supremely unintelligent, woman you are, is all I could think as I was reading your article. To actually think that you are correct in your assumptions of women, their careers, love life, or happiness with themselves was hilarious to me. Also very saddening that your are raising children yourself and teaching them the same foundations and morals that you obviously base your life on. A lot of what I want to say has already been said with others’ comments so I won’t repeat. I will say that I have been very overweight and have dropped several pounds. Yes you do feel better about yourself after losing weight and being healthier, but in no way will I ever be a size 4 or want to. I look my best around a size 10-12, the same size I was in highschool as an athlete (toned). We are all different, and thank the Lord because who would want to be like you. Carry on with your miserable life and leave the rest of us out of it.

meatymama September 5, 2008, 2:24 PM

WoW.. Milf mama has to be one of the stupidest cows I’ve ever come across. Who knew a human being could be so flexible as to get their own head up their own @ss that far. Bravo Milf Mama. How sad that you are teaching your daughter’s the only measure of their worth is the size they wear.

Erica September 5, 2008, 11:00 PM

Ok! I’m just going to put myself out there literally! I’m a size 12, but I think I’m beautiful. I do work out a few times a week, and I do watch what I eat, but if I want to eat a piece of pizza I’m gonna do it. I AM happy with myself! Everyone is different! I dont believe I’m UNHEALTHY!!! I think it’s all about being comfortable with your body. Who are you to say a size four is perfection? Ask around honey. Most men like a little bit of curve! I have a myspace account I’m gonna give just so you can see me size twelve beautiful self! www.myspace.com/mscabanagirl

girliepooh September 5, 2008, 11:07 PM

Why is she so MAD? What did a size 12 person do to her to lash out like a crazed banshee? Some size 12 DO look better than a size 4! BOBBLEHEAD anyone? Also there are tons of men who love a size 12 and think a size 4 needs to eat a twinkie. Bottom line there is obviously someone wrong with this woman other than not liking size 12 women I’m thinking she needs a cupcake :) Women unite and stop tearing each other down ALL WOMEN NO MATTER THE SIZE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

That Trevor Guy September 6, 2008, 10:08 PM

Actually…

I have a friend who IS a small size…something around 3 or 4 on average, and she absolutely hates it. She wants to be bigger so she’s not a skeleton.
Whoops. There goes half of your rant.
Oh, and don’t bother deluding yourself into thinking what you wrote is anything MORE than a rant.
There’s also absolutely nothing at all wrong with having a nice fattening meal just to please the taste buds. Stop hiding behind your small dress size and start actually living, woman. What you’re doing isn’t living it all. It’s obsessing.

I’d also like to point out that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12, and men beat the crap out of each other over her.

Which, incidentally, throws the OTHER half of your rant out the window, too.

suzi September 7, 2008, 12:29 AM

MILF Mommy? So you are mother to a MILF? No wonder you’re so darned skinny, you can’t eat solids anymore!

Jen September 7, 2008, 1:37 AM

Four random things:

1) The author is at the very least arrogant, and may or may not actually be a size four. I can easily see a self-loathing, overweight woman writing this rant in a fit of rage.

2) Some of what she says is still true, particularly her first point. I have coworkers and friends who offer a fake smile, “no you’re not fat,” etc. whenever their wives ask. They’ve given up. For better or worse, the vast majority of men prefer thin women. I don’t know if this is nature or nurture, but it is reality. If your significant other is the exception, congratulations, but he is the exception.

3) Obsessing over food will inevitably make you obnoxious. This is even more true if you don’t have anything to show for it. Hence, her third point. I know women who can’t talk about anything but their diets, yet never seem to lose any weight. It’s like endlessly talking about a boyfriend no one meets… people start to wonder if he’s real. Don’t be that woman and people won’t accuse you of “pretending.”

4) If friends and strangers start commenting on how thin you are, it probably isn’t a compliment but a subtle suggestion that you need to eat more. Even friends are reluctant to address apparent eating disorders head-on, until it reaches a dangerous level. Women on both ends of the scale need a reality check sometimes.

Karla Akins September 8, 2008, 4:48 PM

I think it’s wonderful you have such self-control. But you need to remember that medication, especially anti-depressants, wreak havoc on metabolism and the craving for carbs. So back off, and give people some grace. Not everyone who is a size 12 and bigger are that way because they are lazy.

Genetics gave me skinny September 8, 2008, 6:33 PM

I guess looking at this blog from a slimmer standpoint, I did think that the blogger was angry but it seems to me that she’s more angry about excuses given by women who are not slim.

As a slimmer, 30 year-old Mom, whose husband calls her a MILF, I have to say that I do make choices to make sure I stay slim (I am NOT a size 4 because if I were I would be chiseled - I prefer my size 6/8 kind of soft layer) and I stay active.

BUT, to those of you who are considered clinically overwieght or obese, I DO NOT appreciate when one overweight woman called me a SKINNY BIT*H because I told her I wish I had her pretty/healthy nails. She said, “Well, I’ve got to have something since you’re a skinny bit*h!” Doesn’t sound to me like she’s happy in her size 12s. And I really don’t like the nasty looks I get from the women that don’t have a body like mine…it gets really old really fast.

SO, before slamming someone who DOES work at keeping slim, before complaining about those skinny bit*hes who steal your man, before calling a slim woman something nasty, before complaining that you can not lose the weight…go take a walk…for 30 minutes.

Oh, and a side note - I live on a military post where there are tons of different shapes and sizes of young women and I have SO MUCH respect for the overweight women I see walking outside, pushing their strollers in the neighborhood, drinking from their camelbacks, or riding their bikes. THAT is the way to make a positive change to yourself and our society!

Deb September 23, 2008, 10:32 AM

I am a size 12 and am very happy. I have a hot husband who is hot for me, and I am active and can keep up with my kids-no problem. Would I like to be a size 4? Sure I would-but I don’t give “nasty looks” to people skinnier than me. I have a lot of thinner than me friends, and some are bigger. We like each other for who we are as people, NOT our size. MILF is very proud of herself, which is great because with her attitude-she will have only herself to be with.

Tammie  September 25, 2008, 2:55 AM

I will admit that I would be healthier if I lost a few pounds but as far as every one can do it is bogus. I am a nurse and know the benefits of eating healty foods and exercise. I however, have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and RA and trust me when I say that exercising is a problem for me. So no, not every one is capable of day to day exercising! As far as a disservice to my children, I believe and thank goodness my children also believe that it is more important to be beautiful inside rather than outside. We do not promote laziness or binge eating but do appreciate good food. They eat healthy food, appropriate portions, and exercise. FYI… A child is more likely to exercise if it is fun, not because they need to lose weight or beautify themselves for the likes of individuals such as yourself. As I have taught my daughters I shall now teach you… You can be beautiful on the outside and be truely ugly on the inside or you can be truely beautiful on the inside and not so much on the outside… Outside beauty fades and these days it fades fast. Worry more about being beautiful on the inside. It lasts longer, is worth more, and is appreciated more. Win a man due to your exterior and he just as your looks will not stay around long. Win a man because of your heart and he is yours for a lifetime.

moneymom September 26, 2008, 4:05 PM

I am 6 foot tall… and I find it hard to believe tresthat my husband or any man would think I was attractive at even a size 6. I am also a 12, and after I gave birth to my son became a 16 for a few months. I have always been considered “beautiful.” I would be interested in why you feel so insecure to say these kind of things. Being healthy is a big deal, but being happy is far closer to godliness than being skinny. A size two doesn’t get you to heaven, but love of your family and respect for others as well as god will.